Will i be ok if i go on pwyden?

P

[PS]Fool

i currently play on mid excal, and i want to play on alb to see if i like it..now i dont know if pwyden has a large ammount of low lvls i groul group with, i dont know if there are any good guilds where you dont have to be lvl 50 and rr20 to join...so some info would be appreciated :)

D

Danya

Prydwen has low levels, all servers do. And guilds that don't require you to be level 50.

H

hrodelbert

despite what some people may say it is still a alb/pryd is still a nice place, its just got quite a few people who have been level 50 for ages and are fed up with the lack of depth in the end game, this is not however peculiar to our server/realm its the same anywhere. So my advice, come to alb/pryd and have fun, it's a great place to be

F

Fafnir

Yeah and you get alot of exercise running from amg to apk in emain. :)

P

[PS]Fool

oh...okay, could you suggest any good guilds?
and where is good place to get cash up at low lvls?

H

hrodelbert

Originally posted by Fafnir
Yeah and you get alot of exercise running from amg to apk in emain. :)

It's even more exercise running from the apk to yggdra in all that heavy plate ;)

H

hrodelbert

good cash at low levels, tbh at low levels I would try and get in a guild and get them to give you enough money to buy some crafted armour and weapons, it makes the levelling up to 20 much easier and costs very little. Post 20 it becomes more expensive, but you start making enough money to surport yourself then.

hope that's helpful

H

hrodelbert

as for good guilds, play for a while, group with some people, make friends, and ask to join the guild your friends are in. thats my best advice. Most of all have fun

K

kr0n

Prydwen sucks. Low population, Alb is in shreds, server is dying. If you plan to level beyond thidranki, dont bother.

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by kr0n
Prydwen sucks. Low population, Alb is in shreds, server is dying. If you plan to level beyond thidranki, dont bother.

you're very positive :rolleyes:

M

mavericky

I would ignore Kron, Prydwyn is doing fine, Midgard has an advantage here though (not much and it is closing) but it is a good server to play on

H

hrodelbert

This may be how layl feels but he perhaps has reasons to be disgruntled. If you come i with a positive attitude and make an effort you will get a lot out of any server you play on, this applies to Prydwen too.

edit:typo

L

liste

and luckily, Layl left, so now its just shiny happy people :clap:

K

kr0n

Liste, so thats why I see shitloads of people whine about the server?

C'mon, lets be realistic.

1. Prydwen is one of the most low populated servers in Europe.
1.1. Thus less RvR activity on all frontiers (mainly Emain, some rare occasions of Odins/Sauvage, usually 'cause of Relic/Keep raid)
1.2. More people quit than join.

2. Albion has been teh suckiest realm on the server since Day 1. Hibernia has been the underdog but thats only made em to work together. While albs have way too many internal disputes, loads of alliances etc etc.

Well thats my opinion anyways. Leveling a char on Pryd is hell, unless its VERY support class (Urg/Cleric). 50% of the new chars are infs, /who inf is greater than /who pala and /who arms together, not even gonna mention /who cleric.

If youre thinking of starting a new char without any chance of twinking/powerleveling, expect a steady 20d++ /played to ding 50 or at least near. 20d /played = 2 months IRL. For normal people that is.

So basically, old faces, new names, new guilds.

Nice things about Prydwen is indeed the tight community. 95% of the people who started on the server early know 95% of the people in Emain, on all sides. Which is always nice. The servers unofficial channel is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) channels for DAoC.

Community rawks, but playability... Well, I dont like it that much... Well, I guess its the game that makes it like that.

But, its OK if you go Prydwen, sure. They sure need new blood there.

Thats my opinion.

Edit: Sigh, never type long posts when you're tired...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

50% of the new chars are infs, /who inf is greater than /who pala and /who arms together, not even gonna mention /who cleric.

Layls Twink - Master Infiltrator of the 50th season. [Retired]

*cough* Hypocrite *cough*

O

old.windforce

hmm most positive post i've seen layl make (the last one)

N

Nightchill

I've moved to alb/pryd recently so here's my unique newcomer point of view.. There are v.few low levels, getting a group is much more difficult than you'd expect, so be ready to solo :) Tbh, the main problem is lack of low levelling healing classes. A friar/cleric is a godsend. Play one and you'll probably manage to get groups a few levels higher for your low level career.

The players there are friendly enough, neither here nor there.

G

Generic Poster

Most infs are thidranki alts and no one can be blamed for doing that. Infact, I recommend it :D

Originally posted by Keoess
and where is good place to get cash up at low lvls?

If you want to play a caster, you won't have any cash-flow problems. Your only expense is buying back CON.

The only reason I'd recommend a caster is, if you join a guild and start asking for money/items for you lv7 armsman, it won't look too good. Until the guild gets to know you, it's unlikely you will get much help.

Your best option is finding someone to transfer some money over from Mid/Ex.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Nightchill
I've moved to alb/pryd recently so here's my unique newcomer point of view.. There are v.few low levels, getting a group is much more difficult than you'd expect, so be ready to solo :) Tbh, the main problem is lack of low levelling healing classes. A friar/cleric is a godsend. Play one and you'll probably manage to get groups a few levels higher for your low level career.

The players there are friendly enough, neither here nor there.

Same applies on excalibur ;) well you can get a group, but 7 out of the 8 will be scouts/infiltrators ;)

OK, ok I'm exaggerating ;) it's not quite that bad :) Still find the odd proper newbie which is refreshing.

S

shani

Originally posted by Keoess

You can join our guild, just 1 requirement, you must be able to understand and speak dutch :)

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by hrodelbert

It's even more exercise running from the apk to yggdra in all that heavy plate ;)

Em feels even better then when i sent you home the express way. :D

O

old.neenee

Keoess, msg niar ingame and ill make sure you have more than enough money to get started.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

*cough* Hypocrite *cough*

Started that char LOOOONG time ago... leveled him to 50 before the situation was like that. Tho the infcount has always been on the rise, but nowdays its just... pathetic :( Team RvR on Alb is so sucky everyone is making soloclass.

R

Ragnarok1978

kr0n you're such a crybaby :D

Just leave, no need to slam the door behind you...

K

kr0n

In that case Ive been slamming the door back and forth for ages ;) Said this same thing for long time. And things go worse and worse... Except the quality of RvR is better now than in 1.36, but still below "Yey this is so fun I can get RR10" level.

R

Roalith

I would have to agree partially with Layl, here. There seem to be two main camps in Albion:

1) Those players who play the game as it was intended, aka Realm V Realm combat - supporting each other in an attempt to 'beat' the other realms.

2) Those players who play for themselves. Often level to 50 in the shortest available time possible, then go and join the Emain zerg to try and gain as many RP in as short a time as possible. These players are often the ones that get bored the fastest, and quit.

As for Albion as a realm, the main 'shreds' as Layl put it are the two above. The former is gradually returning to the ascendant, as more and more players of this type are gathering together under the main alliance (Unity). As for the other main alliance.... heh.

If you do come to Albion, Keoess, /send me sometime. I can actually fully outfit all classes (except archers) up to level 25 - and I do up to level 10 equipment for free.

G

Garaen

I am after a cash transfer from Alb/Pryd to Mid/Excal, so if you want to swap anywhere from 100g - 1 plat give me a shout. If you just want some cash for weapons/armor then i am sure i can give you enough cash. : )

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

At least I now know why you left Prydwen............ of course it has nothing to do with what you said in above quote, does it?

P

[PS]Fool

WOW! thanks for all the response all.

I was actualy thinking of making a friar or a cleric, wich is lucky :) , thank you for your offer niar, i will see how it gose first befor i start begging though :).

Garian, my char on mid is only lvl 20, so i dont actualy have 100g. thanks all and hope to see u on there

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

At least I now know why you left Prydwen............ of course it has nothing to do with what you said in above quote, does it?

No, but if you remember I've still said that very same thing with different words for a loooong time... Didn't have the heart to just stop playing... Too addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread