Wild power

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Ok so wild power increases the chance of your spells to crit, or if your spells dont crit already allows them to crit, now heres my question

If you get wild power so you can crit on a class that usally cannot do spell crits, do you just get the small percentage to crit like it says or do you get that AND what would be the normal base chance to crit (say for a normal spell caster) added on?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Jeros said:
Ok so wild power increases the chance of your spells to crit, or if your spells dont crit already allows them to crit, now heres my question

If you get wild power so you can crit on a class that usally cannot do spell crits, do you just get the small percentage to crit like it says or do you get that AND what would be the normal base chance to crit (say for a normal spell caster) added on?

No just the percentage, on relatively low delve spells like your insta DD's the crit is going to be anything special even when it happens.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
On the contry if i can do about 230 dmg on high DD 200ish dmg on my low DD and if they both crit for at least 50% that over 200 dmg extra, i rely on my DDs for a lot if not the majority of my damage, high RR and with relevent RAs i think it both DDs combined and cirtting could do over 800 dmg depending on the targets resists

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Jeros said:
On the contry if i can do about 230 dmg on high DD 200ish dmg on my low DD and if they both crit for at least 50% that over 200 dmg extra, i rely on my DDs for a lot if not the majority of my damage, high RR and with relevent RAs i think it both DDs combined and cirtting could do over 800 dmg depending on the targets resists

On the contary to what?

Sorry.. my point was that when they do crit, typically it is for about 20-30% extra dmg (40-50). Its rare that it gets up to 50% and after doing some testing on pendragon I certainly didnt get any 100% dmg bonus crits. Its a nice enough dmg boost sure but a bit far fetched to think both are going to crit for 100% dmg and do 800ish. To even have a reasonable shot at that really you are talking about wp5 and still being very lucky.

If you were going to go some WP, I think the sweet spot is probably about wp3.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
No just the percentage, on relatively low delve spells like your insta DD's the crit is going to be anything special even when it happens.

/agree. PVE crits can goto 100%, RVR crits never exceed 50% unless you are a zerker which is the one exception, not that they throw many spells around.

WP isnt as good as Master of Magery for overall average dmg increase if you do the math (search for proofs ive posted).

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Its very useful for chars with Dual Threat tho as it stacks :)

Reavers for instance can crit on the Lifetaps meaning a little bit nicer hp back, tho the DoT critting is pointless. Now there is debate over the procs critting, im damn 100% sure i have had indigo and levi crit before but i been told i dreamed it , which i probably did , but i know the self procbuff works. Im pretty sure Champs get Duel threat, could be wrong, altho if they do i cant understand that as they have a single DD, and while u could perhaps crit your debuffs theres no numbers to show what u debuffed for beforehand.

Or maybe im losing it :)

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
If your DoT first tick crits all other ticks will be same dmg.

Just one more info of Wild Power ^^

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
WP for a hybrid/casting thane is great, make it possible to do 400-500 dmg in one nuke at some realm enemies (when critting).

Especially nice with high chance to crit if frontloading 2 nukes, 1ranged insta and the ranged rr5, all who can crit.

In pve it's closy to crazy, since i can easily kill a red umbrood warrior before it reach me, with nukes only.

Too bad i don't have the extra points to invest into medium/high wp/DT atm :/
Ah, the dd procs ain't critting no(and not supposed to, although i read about some bug that did appear at some time, should be fixed long time ago though).

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
afaik style procs could crit back-in-the-day, but that got nerfed a long time back now and they never crit. Remember VW critting on the pbaoe proc vs oran mobs and 1-shotting em.

Strictly speaking MoM gives slightly more bangs for ur buck dps-wise, but there is the argument the damage spikes cause problems for healers more than reliable damage itself and WP gives that.

btw anyone know for sure the variabily on nuke crits in rvr? It's defo not 0 to 50%, but more like 10 or 20% to 50%. Would guess 10-50%

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
afaik style procs could crit back-in-the-day, but that got nerfed a long time back now and they never crit. Remember VW critting on the pbaoe proc vs oran mobs and 1-shotting em.

Strictly speaking MoM gives slightly more bangs for ur buck dps-wise, but there is the argument the damage spikes cause problems for healers more than reliable damage itself and WP gives that.

btw anyone know for sure the variabily on nuke crits in rvr? It's defo not 0 to 50%, but more like 10 or 20% to 50%. Would guess 10-50%

10-50% from memory (90% sure), I was suprised when I found out that 0-10% crits where not possible.

I dont quite subscribe to the spike theory, I do see the idea and its probably the best justification for higher wp ive heard, but to bring a support character or even tough mage to zero hit points with resists up (esp if being healed) is going to take enough nukes to make a higher average dps stand more chance. In the end these battles tend to be healer spams heal, while some enemy caster nukes his target and its just a matter if the firepower outweighs the healing before someone gets interupted/goes oom/changes target.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
10-50% from memory (90% sure), I was suprised when I found out that 0-10% crits where not possible.

I dont quite subscribe to the spike theory, I do see the idea and its probably the best justification for higher wp ive heard, but to bring a support character or even tough mage to zero hit points with resists up (esp if being healed) is going to take enough nukes to make a higher average dps stand more chance. In the end these battles tend to be healer spams heal, while some enemy caster nukes his target and its just a matter if the firepower outweighs the healing before someone gets interupted/goes oom/changes target.

Disagree really, though on average there is slightly less return (which as far as rp invested just means you lag your WP behind MoM a level) from the PoV of your argument, you need to consider not the cast to single crit, but also the effect of chaining a few crits together.

Obvious example is a bolter, where 2 x bolts ontop of the dd as the second hits and 2 crits out of 3 means pretty much insta death for caster target. Take on board you're point in a more fg/fg situation, but still think the lucky spikes cause more of a problem.

Overall though, the point is that as you spend your rp's on damage passives, you get the best return by keeping them pretty close to each other anyway. Priority being MoM,WP,AA in that order for pure best dps. Its up to you if you favour a 4,3,2 or 3,4,2 (for example) setup. But I do like to see those crits go in ;)

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
WP for a hybrid/casting thane is great, make it possible to do 400-500 dmg in one nuke at some realm enemies (when critting).
This made me laugh. Eithor i think u are saying something wrong here. You are saying 400-500 damage at some realm enemies. You should have been saying, around 400-500 damage on all the realm enemies, standing in the area of my Hammers of d00m spell

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom