Why?

M

Mercutio

I'm the original. T'other Mercutio stole my name and identity before I could register it. :/

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
The actual truth is that we are a big enoguh group of people who pretend to like each other and as such outsiders get the feeling that we are somehow popular. Then there is our post counts and leet avatars.

ph34r.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I was pretending but I didn't think you guys were. :\

M

Mercutio

Sorta like the mafia ... but without the power or the money or the women or the drugs ('cept BI) or the women!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Mercutio said:
Sorta like the mafia ... but without the power or the money or the women or the drugs ('cept BI) or the women!

Speak for yaself.

<polishes his ferrari>

M

Mercutio

Git. :( Give me some of that loot or I'll turn myself into the feds and testify against you all!

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
now you see this post .... this is a discussion post, sooner or later it will get closed because it will go on for 7+ pages (or maybe now i've predicted it will, it wont) now some people may see alot of this as pointless spam, or 1 liners that could have been used on IRC and to others ... its just talking like you would irl (in a comical sense, like dil just used in that ferrari gag!)

these threads are only spam because you see them as spam :p

M

Mercutio

So, if I understand correctly, this type of posting is not allowed? How peculiar. Well, I don't want to get banned because it would tarnish my reputation in-game (one would assume) so I shall stick to the rules of being anal and I shall make no further attempt at humour. I apologise if I have offended anyone by trying to bring a smile to their face. I promise that this will never happen again. Amen!

Ziva

Fluffy
Mercutio said:
OT used to be a place where people could come and have a 'conversation' with their in-game friends, post jokes and then have other people dissect them, have arguments about foreign policy and umm...homosexuality. Sometimes the arguments became childish and immature and they were dealt with in the proper manner with either a lock and a warning or a simple 'settle down, guys' post from one of the moderators.
I agree with you on this one, but i hope you understand asking the same people over and over again to stop spamming in "normal discussion" posts or reply in a normal way (not QQ, +1 or spamspamspam) gets tiresome. It's the same people over and over again ruining other peoples posts, opening new topics about why topics were closed (it's not so hard to just pm a mod and ask for a reason), opening topics that really don't belong on a game forum (not even in OT section) or should simply be held in chatrooms on irc or send by pm instead of posting on a gameforum.

There is a line and most people that have been banned have crossed it usually more then once.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Ziva said:
I agree with you on this one, but i hope you understand asking the same people over and over again to stop spamming in "normal discussion" posts or reply in a normal way (not QQ, +1 or spamspamspam) gets tiresome. It's the same people over and over again ruining other peoples posts, opening new topics about why topics were closed (it's not so hard to just pm a mod and ask for a reason), opening topics that really don't belong on a game forum (not even in OT section) or should simply be held in chatrooms on irc or send by pm instead of posting on a gameforum.
Humour me, do a search for 'QQ', then for '+1', then for 'IBTL', then for 'SPAM', then for 'Whine', then for any other steriotypical 'spammer' reply that you have labelled us with. I can guarantee you that you wont be able to think of one of these stupid 'catchphrases' that appears more in OT that in rvr discussion.

The only thread to have been re-opened as it were, since Damini and Brinx had that crack down 3-4 months ago was the God thread. Which was by me AND turned out to be a damn good thread, even bels said so (so there :p).

The fact is the balance was good, all you've done is proven that - all those things that you say arent acceptable rarely happened on BW eOT. We were even the people reporting the actually offenders in the rvr section.

So why suddenly get stricter, and only get stricter on OT. I personalyl think its just because we have the reputation for getting away with murder, and seem quite happy with this reputation. Ok this hasnt been helped by the way we have acted in retaliation to the changes, but my point is still very valid. I think it is simply because you have decided (or been told) that this forum will nto be so tolerant, and as such have gone to the people with bad reputations and made sure that they become model posters, or that they sod off.
Ziva said:
There is a line and most people that have been banned have crossed it usually more then once.
Not me, ask the other mods :p

Edit: Oops forgot to actually make my point in the last paragrpah.

Ziva

Fluffy
k9awya said:
ziva is the best mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why even argue vs ziva
No that's bs, i make a lot of mistakes too and i really don't mind if people tell me that cause a person simply cannot be right allways but the same applies to some of the banned posters. Surely some of them have to admit that they weren't banned for doing nothing wrong.

And to BI, spam is made in every section that's true but in every section people get warnings for doing so. It's not only OT we look at believe me. But OT seems to be the same as "Make spam" for some people and that is not wrong.

With reopening i mean, open a new thread about the same subject as another closed one, for example... Blabla get's banned... Person 1 opens a thread "Why did blabla get a ban", thread get's closed.... Person 2 opens a thread "Why did you close my thread" and on and on. Usually all about or related to the same subject while we could have used one thread for everything but we usually can't because of the bullshit or flaming in it which forces us to close it. Just read some of the topics on BW to see that at some point lots of them are about the same thing.

BW was known as BarrysWhine to a big amount of the DaoC community. Did it ever occur to you that the people owning both BW and FH don't want to see Freddyshouse turn into a FreddyWhine? What i'm saying is that BW is not FH. Things that you were "allowed" to do so on BW might not be allowed on FH. I think Bels said that pretty clear in the sticky topic on every section.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
BlitheringIdiot said:
The only thread to have been re-opened as it were, since Damini and Brinx had that crack down 3-4 months ago was the God thread. Which was by me AND turned out to be a damn good thread, even bels said so (so there :p).

I enjoyed that thread (even tho i seemed to make some enemies in it tho :p)

I cant see why we cant have proper discussions on these forums rather than it getting out of hand. The mods go crazy tbh. Their is the occasional +1 post in each thread, but it is possible to just delete that post, and let the thread continue. Without having to do a lock-down like in alcatraz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom