why only 1500 capacity?

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
as topic says. why is sever limited to 1500 ? i thort servers could hold 3500 ?

if goa aint to confident in there servers holding 3500 which is what i thort was capacity. wtf is gonna happen when NF goes live?

ps many spot will go wasted because people who dont wanna have to wait to relog back in are gonna go AFK ingame on auto run ....... hence people who do want to be there playing CANT get on .

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Because everyone will be in the frontiers, or atleast 1000 of them. That's not normal for a regular server.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Sarnat said:
Because everyone will be in the frontiers, or atleast 1000 of them. That's not normal for a regular server.
not all..... i made a cabby and was going to goto SI and other drop spots and test out juggernaut :) and farm items lol

p.s went ld n couldnt get back ingame.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Because Gorre is not as high-spec as the live servers and can't cope with a high population.
Also this test is about getting reasonable numbers of people in RvR to test the RvR mechanics, 1500 is higher than average for RvR population so the numbers will be representative.
Finally, the beta test isn't about giving all players a chance to have a go, it's to identify bugs and find problems which haven't showed up in the limited numbers testing we've done so far.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Is it packed already?
yes its full . and with the capacity being capped at a measely 1500 between all the frnch/german/english serves hope u dont expect on testing nf cos with the amount of people that will be trying logon it doesnt look to good for our chances :(

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Because Gorre is not as high-spec as the live servers and can't cope with a high population.
Also this test is about getting reasonable numbers of people in RvR to test the RvR mechanics, 1500 is higher than average for RvR population so the numbers will be representative.
Finally, the beta test isn't about giving all players a chance to have a go, it's to identify bugs and find problems which haven't showed up in the limited numbers testing we've done so far.

gorre has had higher capacity than 1500 before. in the past with si/foundations/big patches ... there has been more on the server, :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:
yes its full . and with the capacity being capped at a measely 1500 between all the frnch/german/english serves hope u dont expect on testing nf cos with the amount of people that will be trying logon it doesnt look to good for our chances :(

What time do german/french kids go to bed?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Shame, really a big shame! I was gonna renew just to test New Frontiers and if I liked it I would keep playing...But now seeing that the capacity of the server is 1500 and the chance of getting in is like 1 percent I won't consider re-opening my account.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
thegreatest - try renewing when it's on live in 2 weeks?

the pop will be stupid till about monday I expect then it'll tail off till it's dead a week on monday ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
thegreatest - try renewing when it's on live in 2 weeks?

the pop will be stupid till about monday I expect then it'll tail off till it's dead a week on monday ;)

Testing NF when everyone has access to almost same gear and everyone being at same strength would give me a much better idea about NF and wether I should keep playing or leave it like I decided 2 months ago...

IainC

Jpeg[LOD] said:
gorre has had higher capacity than 1500 before. in the past with si/foundations/big patches ... there has been more on the server, :(
yes but in those tests, the population wasn't testing only one zone. 3500 people in one zone is a recipe for constant zonecrashes on a live server let alone a test server.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
What time do german/french kids go to bed?

they dont :)

even v early morning your looking at 400-500 per server on the larger greman/french/english servers.. then take the 100-200 per smaller server = nf will prolly still be full :(

and im sure the power gaming monkeys have already booked a week off work to powergame in NF :( lol

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
yeah really useful. I get in on the first login. i run in windows mode always and my gui all mezzed up so have to log out to log into fulls creen and after that i get this..

Server full
to many players playing press esc
account is being logged out
to many players playing press esc
account is being logged out
and on and on and on.

by having your account having to log out always you half the chance of ever getting in in the first place if there is a spot open coz its still busy logging out your account duh.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
yes but in those tests, the population wasn't testing only one zone. 3500 people in one zone is a recipe for constant zonecrashes on a live server let alone a test server.

i was under impression NF wasnt about just the new rvr zone. but was about testing Ra' also ? which in many cases can easily be tested in pve (as i was going to do), and rvr ofc :) i still think `1500 is a v low capacity tho when u consider the amount of people attempting to test it. why not just let english servers test it? not as if the non english speaking french/german can understand what certain ra's may do . or how to do certain stuff like upgrading keeps etc etc and placing npc's when they dont even speak english. (not offense to german/french ofc :) ) but if they cant understand english they aint actually gonna be good testers huh? :)

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
The 1 good thing GOA have ever done and they fuck that up....

1500 is not enough for 20k that want to try it...

Should have had more than 1 server.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
By the way, how long will the subscription pages be down? And is it true that I can't test New Frontiers if I haven't activated my account last week? That's really ridicilous to be honest, playing the game since US BETA (!), stopped subscription for 2 months and now I'm getting threatment like a 3rd class customer. How great is this...I mean what's wrong with letting everyone test NF even people which haven't played for a year? Wouldn't that be only better as people would probably keep playing after the beta test cause they like it and thus GoA would get old customers back? What kind of marketing strategy is this..?

IainC

Thegreatest said:
By the way, how long will the subscription pages be down? And is it true that I can't test New Frontiers if I haven't activated my account last week? That's really ridicilous to be honest, playing the game since US BETA (!), stopped subscription for 2 months and now I'm getting threatment like a 3rd class customer. How great is this...I mean what's wrong with letting everyone test NF even people which haven't played for a year? Wouldn't that be only better as people would probably keep playing after the beta test cause they like it and thus GoA would get old customers back? What kind of marketing strategy is this..?
Subs pages aren't down. Try clearing your cache and trying again.
Also this isn't a 'marketing exercise' or a 'try before you buy'. It's a beta test to find bugs and identify problems that will only show with a decent population online. Not everyone will get the chance to try it but that's not the point of the exercise.
There had to be a cutoff for the database to be migrated and unfortunately if you weren't an active, ToA enabled customer at 6pm on the 12th of October, then you won't be able to access it. See the point above.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Does it really matter if you can't get on Gorre tonight? Will your whole world come crashing down? I doubt it, just play the normal servers imo. :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
funny thing is some retards have even got BBs on there too, hi cyclodia

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Also this isn't a 'marketing exercise' or a 'try before you buy'. It's a beta test to find bugs and identify problems that will only show with a decent population online. Not everyone will get the chance to try it but that's not the point of the exercise.
There had to be a cutoff for the database to be migrated and unfortunately if you weren't an active, ToA enabled customer at 6pm on the 12th of October, then you won't be able to access it. See the point above.

Really a shame to exclude old players from an OPEN (!) beta test. It was announced as being an OPEN beta test which everyone could have access to. I was waiting for this day to reactivate my account, what disadvantage would this have for GOA I mean I couldn't even connect to the server in prime time maybe at 4 AM or so but you could get 1 customer back!

Even if it's a BUG beta test, old players should also have access to it. It isn't so that old players can't find bugs is it? You can't have enough people to find bugs, maybe there will be bugs which some players can't find but the others can due to their playing style. That's why it will only be an advantage for you to have as much as possible players beta testing. After all the old players which have played the game for years but took a short break have also activated their account and do also pay for them, so it's not nice that they get a 2nd class threatment and are excluded from some features/tests.

Shame this didn't get announced before the 12th october, may I ask why? Or did you announced it but did I miss something?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
After playing for 30 mins you don't want to get on. The lag makes it unplayable. Back to normal servers till it at least leaves a alpha state.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

It's a shame. Of course it's a marketing exercise just as all the other Open Beta Tests. Don't be hypocrite.
It's no wonder if it happens when your main competitor,WoW, is going to begin its Open Beta Test. You know, MMORPGs customers aren't as stupid as GOA may think. We aren't all 12 year old kids. It's not like that you will keep your 2-year old customers.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
its currently totally unplayable because of 30 second lag spikes all over the place

trust me u arent missing anything

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
ffs finaly got to play in gorre. someone call's to my homephone and LD ! WTF !!! ffs ill kill my friend who just called me

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
gets better. I was in again go ld. now i can log in to char selection screen and no matter how often i click PLAY it wont go through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom