Why Oh Fking Why............

G

did i go with sky broadband, its not worked since the 19th (my activation date), apparently BTt have been to the exchange twice and now they say its a tie pair (spelling) issue, i have no clue wtf a tie pair is or what it does, possiblye something to do with the dslam card but i could be wrong, any body got any clue at all what it could be, fkin bunch of ***** they are, and they cant tell me when its going to get fixed either.

im on broadband max (well, when it gets going)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sky Broadband isnt BT, though, it's all run by easynet?

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
Chilly said:
Sky Broadband isnt BT, though, it's all run by easynet?

I dare say it's BT Openreach, they're referring to. They still handle most ISP's backend, including completely third-party unbundled companies like Bulldog/Pipex.

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
Clown said:
You get what you pay for.

True. It's like Ryanair when there's a problem... "you did only pay £x for your ticket, don't expect any service".

The free world, as tempting as it is (thelondonpaper, London Lite, Metro, Sky Broadband etc. etc.) is normally free for a reason.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
in all my yrs of tech support for an ADSL company (14 months actually) i never did come across a tie pair issue.

ADSL is something id avoid like the plague, although im sure many people here have no issues. from what i had to help with im glad i cant even get ADSL, 10mbit cable all the way :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Are you sure it wasn't a Thai pair? The engineer could be far to pre-occupied with some twin asian lady-boys.

leggy

Probably Scottish
This brings back memories. I did a temp adsl tech support job a couple of years back. Tie pairs haunted my dreams at night.

BT wholesale should be able to sort this pretty quickly. Unfortunately they are slow as hell and will drag their feet until 10 different people have come to the wrong conclusion about what's wrong.

tris-

Clown said:
Yes, he is.

"you get what you pay for" isnt really a legal definition.

he pays for a service, from his post i assume he is not getting that service.

so in conclusion, he does not get what he pays for.
what ever that phrase may mean. in the 'real' world it doesnt mean shit.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
got the same shit with Talk Talk. broadband was supposed to be active at the start of august. and here we are in october and no fix in sight.

tech support is in India and they say they'll do stuff (after 20-30mins of hold + describing the problem every time) and it never happens.

very very tired of it. :(

Clown

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Sad troll tbh.
Lonely loser, to be honest.

You pay £10 a month, you get nothing. That's how it is for internets. So fuck your real world. I like mine.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He is paying Tom, cause he has Sky.

You should have waited Brooky for the whole thing to settle down.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Clown said:
Lonely loser, to be honest.

You pay £10 a month, you get nothing. That's how it is for internets. So fuck your real world. I like mine.

Read what I type you sad fat sack of useless shite. Hes paying for a service and not receiving it. That means he isn't getting what he pays for.

Those of us in the real world (ie have a life and don't live in a smelly bedroom) understand these things. We try and post helpful information, and not just come out with irrelevant shite like your efforts.

Take your fucking useless shit little opinions and unfunny posts and shove them in your wank sock with all the other bits of hardware you tug over. You stopped being funny about 10 years ago.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This is the reason i am staying with NTL for another year because i wanted the pigs to test the service out first.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Tom said:
Read what I type you sad fat sack of useless shite. Hes paying for a service and not receiving it. That means he isn't getting what he pays for.

Those of us in the real world (ie have a life and don't live in a smelly bedroom) understand these things. We try and post helpful information, and not just come out with irrelevant shite like your efforts.

Take your fucking useless shit little opinions and unfunny posts and shove them in your wank sock with all the other bits of hardware you tug over. You stopped being funny about 10 years ago.

Seriously though, you actually took the saying literally. This was the first mistake. It was clear he wasn't serious from his post.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
And he's right - you go for a cheap service, you're going to have lots of problems. It's a tale as old as the interweb.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If we're talking about 'sayings', then the correct term would have been 'pay peanuts get monkies'.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
If we're talking sacks of useless shite: you started the bullshit in this thread.

Useless and unhelpful or not Clown had a valid point.

tris-

Draylor said:
Useless and unhelpful or not Clown had a valid point.

no he doesnt. "you get what you pay for" is a load of shit. there is nothing legal about providing a shit service because you charge customers less than another company for the same thing.

Clown said:
Tom is lonely because he's ginger. Lol.

you're lonely because you smell like bean shoots :(

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Heh

Its always been true whether we are talking dialup or DSL: how many cheap/free ISPs have there been that provided a quality service with quality customer support?

Hellish few, and thats not going to change. Decent support is expensive, Indian call centres are cheap. Toms analogy is rather accurate.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
no he doesnt. "you get what you pay for" is a load of shit. there is nothing legal about providing a shit service because you charge customers less than another company for the same thing.

We're talking about reality, not what's legal. The fact is - if you pay fuck all you're bound to get a shit service.

Also Tom, both phrases are adequate for the situation.

tris-

nath said:
We're talking about reality, not what's legal. The fact is - if you pay fuck all you're bound to get a shit service.

Also Tom, both phrases are adequate for the situation.

im sorry if thats the reality for you. most people recieving a sub par service would take some kind of action about it.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Most people who think that free broadband with silly limitations and a god knows how long contract is a good thing need to fuck off and have a wee think.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
God what a ridiculous argument. Tom. lighten up, it was a throwaway remark and you've turned it into an international incident. As it happens, I agree with Clown's implication; all these bundle deals where you get broadband thrown in as part of your mobile or satellite package are bound to be pared to the bone as they're effectively subsidised loyalty devices. While the customer shouldn't have to accept a service that doesn't work, a reasonable person would understand the implications of getting something for nothing. I think the phrases that apply here are TANSTAAFL and caveat emptor.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I had to google TANSTAAFL :(

*shame*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom