Why must someone not zerg ?

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Zergs roxxx, nothing like a load of people going mental all together, its bliss. :D

If you ask me the Zergs aint big enough, nothing wrong with lots of people putting together all there skills and just flattern whats in there path, its classic.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Starwind said:
nothing wrong with lots of people putting together all there skills and just flattern whats in there path, its classic.
This statement highlights the two main pet peeves of most people who dislike zergs. In my mind, there is nothing wrong with large battles where both forces are evenly matched and where there is an opportunity for a little bit of tactics. However, the thing is that (a) the skill of a zerg is much less than the skill of its individual participants (safety in numbers, people tend to relax and go semi-afk and will rarely play at the best of their abilities), and (b) there is no challenge in flattening everything in your path, and thus no fun in it (for me). Show me an evenly matched large-scale battle where the individual groups and their members are able to play their best, and I would change my opinion, but the fact is that this rarely happens. Instead you often get situations where a huge force crushes a small group, and where AE DoTs and similar are flying all over the place, foiling all kind of CC.

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
saying that you get zerged is as common as having ketchup on your hot dogs.
:cheers:

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
No one should tell others how to play, you aren't paying their monthly fees.

Wanna roam with your gank group ignoring the realm needs ?

Wanna zerg all evening steamrolling everything on your path ?

Wanna add on other groups fights ?

It's all fair, adapt or leave. It's good fun ? Just for a minority, but who cares about the others ? Unfortunately, in this game your actions do have an effect on the game itself, but gone daoc there will be another one, we may as well continue ignoring that realm vs realm is about cooperation in your realm competing against other realms, not the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom