Why is mordred so dead?

Everz

FH is my second home
I mean seriously come on. PvP was by far more casual then RvR, least we not forget someone was on worth RPs once every 24 hrs, one thing I loved about it was the quick action, hop on, go anywhere and get some rps/fights then log off, all in good fun, rather then RvR which can be pap most nights.

If you couldn't find an xp spot then you were just going to obvious spots(all your dungeons count for this), If I wanted to pve then I could do so easily, but a great part of the ruleset to me was watched your back constantly and the danger of going into one of your big dungeons, it added something new to the daily grind, and nothing was sweeter then wiping some fg pveing in barrows.

This is the same arguement as 'i cant get past AMG omfg remove emain' to me, just to lazy and to stuck in their ways to actually try and find alternative spots when there are plently of options about. The same mongs who complained about getting ganked all the time, yet wouldnt ever leave goth/cots/atla or a similiarly high populatied place. And the whole gang arguement is crap, get some friends or go it solo, it's easy enough to get to 50 both ways.

It is DAoC hardmode so I can see why alot would cop out, having to actually think and not have everything handed to your on a plate can be quite difficult. It's a great shame it died tbh, was the more fun ruleset imo, pvp in places like hib loop were epic and if you didnt get to experience that because you couldn't use your noggin, then your loss.

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
The annoying thing about the pvp server was that you couldn't play it casually. If you weren't part of the "gang" you'd get chain killed without a chance of leveling or restore your con

And you people wonder why the server died so fast :rolleyes:

It died so quickly because of attitudes like that probably. Ooooh i got killed walking from PK to PKB by more than 1 player ahh the injustice of it all. How is it any different from rvr? It's common sense, you know there are hotspots you avoid solo in the frontiers, just like there are hotspots in pvp. I think everz summed it up pretty well tbh.. was a lot more fun than rvr, a lot more variety and always something fun happening, rather than sit for x amount of time forming a pug to enter frontiers and get zerged, or trying to solo and being unable to do so pretty much anywhere (which was ALWAYS a viable option in pvp). Just wish people would have given it more of a chance.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Fun and variety.. The reason it died so quickly

The regulars and 'elitist' pvp'ers killed the server and now you're all bitching about it. I can only laugh at you

I couldn't log on, get quick action, a few fights and log off..

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
I miss Mordred, alot. I am not one of the l33t players but I do prefer the PvP aspect of this game over RvR. I was one of the Andred originals and still stand by Mordred even if I am canceled. I miss those days because what made Mordred better than Ywain is ......

- Taking keeps actually meant something, even taking a tower for a camp bonus meant something. Its not the random 100+ man zerg taking keeps for no reason.

- If someone DID attack your keep or tower most of the time you guild dropped what they were doing and went to defend.

- The action was very fast.

- It had a tighter community, even when we had 4 digits population.

- You actually can make a name for yourself alot easier on Mordred simply because the community was always closer.

- Everything you got you had to fight for and you EARNED it. You never saw 100+ BG's for MLs with all the standard AFKers like you have on RvR servers. Just like the glass farming that we used to have, 90% of the 100 players in the zone wre afkers. You never found that on Mordred.

- Hib Loop was the perfect zone for 8v8 and it was easy to die and get right back into the action.

- Solo PvP was super easy on Mordred.

- Instead of Realm vs Realm, it was more Guild vs Guild. Everything was so much more personal.

Bottom line is everything you did on Mordred meany something, it helped shape the server. Thats why theres so much history behind Mordred, you can go back and see who shaped the server in each of its growing stages. Ya, we had our ass hats and l33t players with there trash talking, but ywain has em too, maybe even more. The only difference is they can talk trash to you on Mordred and on ywain those SAME PLAYERS cannot talk trash to you.

Me personally, I loved the trash talkers because usually it was them that cried the most. I will fight for Mordred until the day they shut the ole girl down.

CorNokZ

hehe, you are exactly the kind of elite pvp players I am talking about Damaja :)

• You liked the whine. Probably meant that you tried to force people to whine. So my guess is that you griefed on pve'ers or lower level players
  • Go back to Excalibur and Prydwen and you'll see players who shaped the servers in their growing stages. Even 8-10 years after most people here on FH still remember those names.
  • You can't trash talk in game because Mythic doesn't allow it. If you want to trash talk, go to vnboards with the rest of the Americ*nts and yell out loud on the internet all you want

I have nothing left for people who whine about their pvp server going down the drain

GReaper

Part of the furniture
They shouldn't have launched the PvP servers unless they were intending to provide decent long term support - which wasn't the case. Any changes they made didn't really seem to included PvP into consideration when they were balancing things.

However some people in this thread seem blind to the problems that the PvP servers had.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The thing with Mythic now is basicly to milk as much money out of the community as possible before the game dies for good, don't expect anymore expansions or flashy new shit expect nothing but utter disappointment from here on.

And even that said when the game gets to that stage i'm more than 80% certain they'll make DAOC free-to-play with a cash shop selling bonus rp scrolls and what not for real life cash (which will raise the population dramaticly thats for certain but it'll also take away an element of achievement from the game)

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
hehe, you are exactly the kind of elite pvp players I am talking about Damaja :)

I'm bot sure how you pulled that from what I typed but ok lol. I hope you can take this constructivley and not taking like I am putting you down but ......... You really have no clue what your talking about where I am concerned.

- I have taken MANY people down into PoC and powerleveled them

- I cannot count how many hundreds of plat I have geven to new players.

- I worked alongside Daamien (The Mordred Team Lead) for a very long time helping with hosting events and crafting gear for new players.

- I did not camp PvE players

- I did not grief players

- I even worked with the Camelot Vault staff for almost a year trying to help Mordred

Do I have an attitude? Sure lol .... it's a good one too. But does that mean I dont care about the server? No. Everyone has opinions, obviously you have bad ones on Mordred. maybe you were one that had a rough time there? I dunno. I leveled up with there were THOUSANDS on Mordred, where every turn you made someone was there to kill you. You have no clue on how it is hard leveling there.

But, as I said, you have your own opinion and that is fine with me. I never worried about what others thought about me to start with, let alone you.

:)

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of interest there is now a full classic pvp server up on the 'unspeakable' servers that goes by the name of Nocturnal, not trying to spark any more argument just saying check it out if any interested...

CorNokZ

I'm bot sure how you pulled that from what I typed but ok lol. I hope you can take this constructivley and not taking like I am putting you down but ......... You really have no clue what your talking about where I am concerned.

- I have taken MANY people down into PoC and powerleveled them
People like that were never to be found on Camlann(EU pvp server)
- I cannot count how many hundreds of plat I have geven to new players.
Ah yes, the free plats. Those were the plats that got hundreds of accounts banned on EU servers.
- I did not camp PvE players

- I did not grief players

- I even worked with the Camelot Vault staff for almost a year trying to help
Mordred
Some people had to help I guess. Can't say anything about your work since I've never played on Mordred, but I'm sure you did all you could.

Do I have an attitude? Sure lol .... it's a good one too. But does that mean I dont care about the server? No. Everyone has opinions, obviously you have bad ones on Mordred. maybe you were one that had a rough time there? I dunno. I leveled up with there were THOUSANDS on Mordred, where every turn you made someone was there to kill you. You have no clue on how it is hard leveling there.

But, as I said, you have your own opinion and that is fine with me. I never worried about what others thought about me to start with, let alone you.

:)

I can't say anything about Mordred, can only talk about Camlann and the pvp system on the EU servers. I'm sure Mordred was different since only one language was spoken. On Camlann we had germans, spaniards, danes, brits, french etc etc. That was already a barrier imo when the server was launched. Those who stuck with it and got to lvl50, templated, ml'd etc. were, imo, the ones that killed off the server. They griefed on new players and didn't give us a chance. Those that gave plats obtained them illegally and got others banned aswell as themselves.

There's a reason the server died down from THOUSANDS to very few over the years

Everz

FH is my second home
I can't say anything about Mordred, can only talk about Camlann and the pvp system on the EU servers. I'm sure Mordred was different since only one language was spoken. On Camlann we had germans, spaniards, danes, brits, french etc etc. That was already a barrier imo when the server was launched. Those who stuck with it and got to lvl50, templated, ml'd etc. were, imo, the ones that killed off the server. They griefed on new players and didn't give us a chance. Those that gave plats obtained them illegally and got others banned aswell as themselves.

There's a reason the server died down from THOUSANDS to very few over the years

You mean the same as Excalibur which had danes, swedes, brits, french, spainards, greeks etc etc? Where was this 'barrier' then? I found Camlann helpful as, most 50s helped out tbh, idd I remember Horde rp pl'ing my shammy in goth (<3). By the sounds of it you did the typical, went to hotzones got pkd then complained and blamed griefing when you got pk'd. You had to be obscure then, on Mord our pl spot was the scorpions in curse forest, and even then on the odd occasion we got found out there.

The camlann plats was on guild (hai Odins), and GoA instead of rolling back just deciding to ban half the server instead.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
as soon as i turned green con to 50 on camlann it was game over :(

came back a few years later with my guild and got 50 and took all 6 relics though xD

CorNokZ

You mean the same as Excalibur which had danes, swedes, brits, french, spainards, greeks etc etc? Where was this 'barrier' then? I found Camlann helpful as, most 50s helped out tbh, idd I remember Horde rp pl'ing my shammy in goth (<3). By the sounds of it you did the typical, went to hotzones got pkd then complained and blamed griefing when you got pk'd. You had to be obscure then, on Mord our pl spot was the scorpions in curse forest, and even then on the odd occasion we got found out there.

The camlann plats was on guild (hai Odins), and GoA instead of rolling back just deciding to ban half the server instead.

On excalibur pretty much everyone spoke english with a few exceptions.. Not a lot of french and german people speak english, so there is your barrier mate

And no, I tried to avoid hot spots and never got any real consistent help from people who were level 40+

Everz

FH is my second home
On excalibur pretty much everyone spoke english with a few exceptions.. Not a lot of french and german people speak english, so there is your barrier mate

And no, I tried to avoid hot spots and never got any real consistent help from people who were level 40+

Make friends then and most spoke english to a certain extent, and the majority were english speaking.

CorNokZ

"Hey there! Wanna group or just help me out a bit, cause I.."
"No" *boom boom boom and picks up bag of coins*

This was "Making friends in an unfriendly environment" - brought to you by CorNokZ

Everz

FH is my second home
See person, type /invite, rocks, make friend, level to 50, template, pwn!

CorNokZ

See person in lfg window, type /invite, he finds you on map, disbands, kills you, grabs bag of money, leaves, /quit, rage!

Everz

FH is my second home
lfg window bleh.. invite randomer from start zone or cammy, or make some badass lvl 20 fg and go terrioze some level 30s..meh I want a pvp server again.

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
lfg window bleh.. invite randomer from start zone or cammy, or make some badass lvl 20 fg and go terrioze some level 30s..meh I want a pvp server again.

Come play on nocturnal pvp.. soon to be renamed camlann reborn I think? pretty much identical to camlann in 2003 period. xp rate = 2x (to make up for live bonuses I assume) all 3 realms including all of SI. Dedicated staff, no toa, no cata just oldschool pvp:) see you there maybe.

Everz

FH is my second home
Nah, as soon as I get back home i'm uninstalling DAoC. Wasted to much of my life on this game.

Rod-mjaa

Regular Freddie
I played my share of daoc on excalibur, pretty much people could speak english and learned while playing like me. but sure there was some spaniards etc who couldn't but I learned some words in spanish etc and all went great, miss those times like many of us do. gained good friends from daoc to irl life, especially Snow and Ozrique. wont call it wasting life.

mac101

Regular Freddie
It's tough starting on there as your not as welcomed as you are in rvr, but all that's happening in rvr is just mid Zerg how is this better?

Everz

FH is my second home
As per the live stream

Mordred
“We are looking into a Mordred transfer solution.” Says Saad. “It is going to happen soon. We are activating on that, and we want you guys to catch your characters from Mordred and transfer them to a more populated server. We are going to offer you an avenue off so you can join the rest of the horde.”

Our Camlann/Mordred characters are coming to Ywain!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As per the live stream

Our Camlann/Mordred characters are coming to Ywain!

If they let Mordred xfer they'll have to let Gaheris xfer tho? they're no different practically, people can dual log characters on Mordred and farm rps just as easy as they can farm seals on Gaheris.

Everz

FH is my second home
If they let Mordred xfer they'll have to let Gaheris xfer tho? they're no different practically, people can dual log characters on Mordred and farm rps just as easy as they can farm seals on Gaheris.

Well no seeing as that is a minority?

Alot of us have character tied up there which we worked on to get that RR fairly. Moving from Mord-->Ywain would not cause an uproar, whilst Gaheris you can get rr13 by farting.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well no seeing as that is a minority?

Alot of us have character tied up there which we worked on to get that RR fairly. Moving from Mord-->Ywain would not cause an uproar, whilst Gaheris you can get rr13 by farting.

You miss my point Everz.

Everz

FH is my second home
You miss my point Everz.

I know your point, my point is that there are those of us who made our characters (and realm points) when the server was active and have seldom touched them since the server died (other then for nostalgia). Why should we not copy when we arguably got those on the hardest form of DAoC?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I know your point, my point is that there are those of us who made our characters (and realm points) when the server was active and have seldom touched them since the server died (other then for nostalgia). Why should we not copy when we arguably got those on the hardest form of DAoC?

Disagree entirely, pvp servers werent the hardest form of DAOC at all... unless by hard you mean farming buffbots/un-sc'd/lower lvl people all day long/between fg vs fg, not exactly what i'd classify as hard. I guess we'll have to argree to disagree because you will remain biased due to having characters benefiting from it.

inb4 gaheris transfers are allowed shitstorm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom