Why is mordred so dead?

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
As the title says, would give anything to have a pvp server with more than a population of 6 :( Why is nothing done to re-set the server or like a project camlann, anything? Pvp is so much funner than normal ruleset! (IMHO, no offence to hardcore rvr'ers!) I realise probably it would be dangerous to encourage any population splitting, but surely it would increase the pop somewhat even if for a year or so if pvp was active?

Everz

FH is my second home
Let make a list.

-Portal Camping
-Portal Hopping
-ToA
-Locks
-The whole relic situation
-Being the bastard child of Mythic
-Ignored for years

It can go on and on. Mord is gone, FFA PvP is a dying little niche that is getting eradicated from the MMO world, face facts heh.

Everz

FH is my second home
PvP was quality, did you ever play to 50 there BO :p?

Everz

FH is my second home
what rr?
did you pvp to level it or pl'd?
what era?

more info :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
what rr?
did you pvp to level it or pl'd?
what era?

more info :p

can't remember what rr wasnt over 6 tho I didnt play there very long because it was rather crap. as for lvling it was with a bunch of pryd people when camlann was new.

Everz

FH is my second home
Ahh, i dunno pvp to me was the most fun i've ever had in daoc tbh.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I have been on project camlan and it never worked out. In theory it was excelent but there is always a huge difference from saying something and doing it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I have been on project camlan and it never worked out. In theory it was excelent but there is always a huge difference from saying something and doing it.

its like that with 99% of pvp servers on any MMO really its very very hard to pull off but when you do its heaven.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
pvp > all

best DAOC time ever

but like Everz says
- locks
- portal camping
- porting away in combat
etc etc

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
fair points, surely they could just hold a poll for viable options like rerolling a classic pvp server or why not fix the portal camping problems and porting?? i dno, givf pvp tbh :(

Everz

FH is my second home
Why? Most of us have moved on or quit. Why bother?

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Who ever really 'quits' daoc lets be honest, i've quit more times than i can count in the last years, everybody gets brought back at some point hehe:) as long as theres still a sufficient player base I think they should keep on implementing new stuff and making it more enjoyable until the end.. just my opinion tho:)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
everybody gets brought back at some point

Sure, just that theres fuck all that makes them stay tho.

Its a fun game to come back to and "see whats changed", find out not much actually has and then leave again.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sure, just that theres fuck all that makes them stay tho.

Its a fun game to come back to and "see whats changed", find out not much actually has and then leave again.

nail on the head pretty much.

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Ye fair points, but the fact that you still keep coming back shows that it's still worth improving (new supposedly far superior games keep coming out and everybody still ends up back with daoc) surely it would be relatively easy to roll a classic pvp server (which im sure would do nothing but good things for the playerbase, my opinion anyway) or solve the existing problems. Although not an allowed topic of discussion on freddys, if the guys at uthgard can run a succesful server, even the other more casual shard owners, surely the dedicated team still left at mythic or whoevers in charge server-wise could make such simple changes? it just doesn't make sense to me :lol:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Screw that PvP server shite, it never worked, period, get over it.

Give the other OF server they blabbed on about so long ago I cant remember what its called..you know the one with OF, ranged boofs, free dildos for all luris to help them open doors and reach high up buttons...

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Screw that PvP server shite, it never worked, period, get over it.

Give the other OF server they blabbed on about so long ago I cant remember what its called..you know the one with OF, ranged boofs, free dildos for all luris to help them open doors and reach high up buttons...

Yes, and the current cluster is a total success wouldn't you agree?as is evident by the rant post every other day about the hundreds of problems, the again dwindling population and non existent community. Yes classic had it's issues, but nothing is going to be perfect everybody is going have bones to pick. But I know I would much rather play a classic rvr over the current situation and an oldschool pvp server would be a vast improvement with a small few changes. But if people are content with the current mess then whatever I guess :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Mythic won't give a classic server because they dont want to invest time in yet another risky adventure, mythics version of "classic" server was abysmal, there was nothing classic about it apart from no MLS or artis.

Perhaps alot of people would enjoy a 100% pure OF server with no stat caps, no toa bonuses and perhaps they wouldnt, its pointless us sitting here assuming xxxx people would instantly renew if it were created because the fact of the matter is they probably wouldnt because the majority have moved on to new games and settled in with new friends etc.

In short mythic had their chance and they blew it with some no brain ideas that didnt work out, the people making the decisions at the time must have been rather dumb :x so much so i'd actually wager real life money on a few select members from this forum being able to run and patch daoc more successfully than mythic can and ever will be able to because they just don't have the ingame experience of their own game to give players what they want.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic won't give a classic server because they dont want to invest time in yet another risky adventure, mythics version of "classic" server was abysmal, there was nothing classic about it apart from no MLS or artis.

Perhaps alot of people would enjoy a 100% pure OF server with no stat caps, no toa bonuses and perhaps they wouldnt, its pointless us sitting here assuming xxxx people would instantly renew if it were created because the fact of the matter is they probably wouldnt because the majority have moved on to new games and settled in with new friends etc.

In short mythic had their chance and they blew it with some no brain ideas that didnt work out, the people making the decisions at the time must have been rather dumb :x so much so i'd actually wager real life money on a few select members from this forum being able to run and patch daoc more successfully than mythic can and ever will be able to because they just don't have the ingame experience of their own game to give players what they want.

Good points. I think there comes a sad point, at some stage , in your "daoc" life that you realise that what you once loved (OF :clap:) has long gone and will never return. When you hit that day - you quit daoc but secretly come back to check the forums from time to time :cheers:

Personally, the game is a shadow of what made it great, full of younger players who don't really want to contribute to a community (Growing an epeen is not an example of this :lol:) and went too far with its expansions (Toa +). However - I'll always be glad I was a part of its history.

There's my old timers point of view :fluffle:

/bow

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Both good posts with good points and I agree. However, my only qualm was that the majority of people who have moved on still tend to periodically return to daoc and imho given the chance of a real classic server, or even a real pvp population they'd be inclined to renew their subs? I know the game is way past its peak and (I hate to say it) it's decline, but how hard could it be for the team left to roll a classic server? If just for once they listened to some advice and made a proper server?I have to agree with what you say about people on here being better equipped to run/patch such a server however as utghard is more succesful than the classic servers that were implemented.. I just miss pvp big-time and would like a few more real daoc experiences before it's all over. I'd even settle for a project mordred or whatever if that's all there is to do :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
because pvp servers have always been full of annoying little cnuts

Everz

FH is my second home
rvr servers had more annoying people tbh, the joy of the pvp server was you could actually kill them.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The annoying thing about the pvp server was that you couldn't play it casually. If you weren't part of the "gang" you'd get chain killed without a chance of leveling or restore your con

And you people wonder why the server died so fast :rolleyes:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yep, then you'd think i better go xp somewhere nobody will ever go. Then some small group comes and xp ganks you.

And i honestly believe the people playing camlann were on average younger than the rvr servers. Talking to some of them, they were completely retarded little kids who probably hang out on 4chan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom