Why is it not sunday?

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
I have a feeling that Goa wont get it done on sunday.

Well i feel i have more chance of being bitten on the leg by a daffodil then Goa getting it done.

As you are all failing to remember the wine cheese crosssiant and sunday factor

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I have a feeling that Goa wont get it done on sunday.

Well i feel i have more chance of being bitten on the leg by a daffodil then Goa getting it done.

As you are all failing to remember the wine cheese crosssiant and sunday factor

Which is why they relocated to Ireland.

They will get it done on sunday, if not I'll eat my virtual hat!

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Which is why they relocated to Ireland.

They will get it done on sunday, if not I'll eat my virtual hat!
The servers will be largely administered from Dublin but the actual servers are, I think, in Lille....

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The servers will be largely administered from Dublin but the actual servers are, I think, in Lille....

Well, ok then!

:p

They can't be remotely controlled from Dublin then?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I think they have some "unusual by French labour laws standards" system whereby the guys who actually service the hardware directly are on a 24/7 callout arrangement so all really is very good. :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie

so in other words, hello opentransit! or what now it was the name of the place that crashed down all the time before in daoc which gave all of us who had to pass that connection 1 minute lag

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Don't hate the game, hate the ISP. Hate the ISP, don't play the game.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
so in other words, hello opentransit! or what now it was the name of the place that crashed down all the time before in daoc which gave all of us who had to pass that connection 1 minute lag

I was there. Considering all the things that can and do go wrong with these setups I think OpenTransit's record was pretty good. They did have one or two episodes where they apparently couldn't find their own arses in the dark with both hands but overall it was pretty good. And the new system of remote 24/7 administration from Dublin and new 24/7 local server maintenenance contract means I for one am looking forward to good service.

Everz

FH is my second home
Still another 4 days though, thats 96 hours people :drink:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
well, I'll probably sleep for around 40 hours of that I reckon, so thats down to 56. I'll be drawing for probably about 20 hours of that as well, so thats down to 36 already. That's a day and a half.

ONLY A DAY AND A HALF TO GO!!111245fifty

:p

Aada

Part of the furniture
It aint that long if you work :p

If your a bum/student sat at home doing nothing time must be going reallllllllllly slow :D

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
lies, I work, and it take ages for it to turn sunday

and its not good when its 2 more work days, considering untill I have tested the game all I can do during work hours is surf the web for info about the game... and thats not healthy in the long run

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I usually hate Sundays tbh. Its always "Fuck, weekend gone already".

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
I know everyone is sayin the servers come up late on sunday due to mythic launching for the US times but wont GOA be launching for europe on a seperate set of servers so we might get to play sunday?

Aada

Part of the furniture
I like Sunday's as that is the start of my weekend sunday-monday-tuesday = my days off :)

So open beta-head start couldn't be at a better time tbh :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
I know everyone is sayin the servers come up late on sunday due to mythic launching for the US times but wont GOA be launching for europe on a seperate set of servers so we might get to play sunday?

We will still have EU servers located in the EU but GOA still is switching them on when Mythic switch the USA ones.

Sucks tbh but hey ho.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
and lets be honest, Mythic aren't likely to switch the US servers on at 3 in the morning are they? :D

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well, considering it's the home of the "City that never sleeps", they should yes!
Otherwise its false advertising and I will sue the USA!

WHOS WITH ME?!

Uara

Part of the furniture
Yes we shoudl sue the USA and then buy Mythic back from EA!

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Well, considering it's the home of the "City that never sleeps", they should yes!
Otherwise its false advertising and I will sue the USA!

WHOS WITH ME?!

don't push it, bush is still in office

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
well, if Bush still in office, thats just another reason to sue the american people, sue them for stupidity

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
We will still have EU servers located in the EU but GOA still is switching them on when Mythic switch the USA ones.

Do we know that as a fact? Or is that an assumption on the whole 'we are working on the same timescale' statement?

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Shall we take bets on how long the registration site stays up for after launch?

My bet is it lasts 20 mins.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
well, if Bush still in office, thats just another reason to sue the american people, sue them for stupidity

I think if you could sue people for stupidity I'd retrain as a lawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom