Why do YOU play DAoC?

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno why i play it anymore started 4 years(elder) ago game is very different now my inf practically retired cant remember the last solo fight i won !! find myself doing alot of pve with DR here now.Havent got the time to do all the ML and toa stuff so rvr is pretty crap for me.Gonna give the classic server a go see if its more to my liking.Anyways bit of a whine !! love the game hate ToA the word L33T comes to mind.Got RF online coming friday probrably just need to play summit else for a while.

Grimnna

Fledgling Freddie
Because I only have about 7 50s across 3 realms....
So much to do, so little time...

<wanders off trying to find a server to roll Hib on except for Glastonbury>

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Always played computer. Nice way of spending some time, untill you get an addict, witch i ofc got :(. Its fun, i like the community, i cant play any other games becous i dont find this nice ppl in any other game. And ofc, its a cheap way to spend some free time, compared to always going to town, just gotta mix it somehow.

E

Efour

im playing to remind myself how gimpy hunters are, im not suprised they still are bottom of the food chain after a 3 year break ...

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I play for fun, and if there were anything I could do that's more fun than playing DAOC, I would do it. And also the friendship in the guild.

Before DAOC, I usually spent max 1-2 months on a computer game until I got tired of it and went to the next game. I just never got tired of DAOC, so much different stuff to do, it's like many games in 1. Now instead of jumping to a different game every month, I jump from doing different things in DAOC.

For example: I play rvr until I'm sick of it, then 1 week of different things in pve until I'm sick of it, then 1 week of Thid/BG, and then I want to do rvr again, so it keeps me hooked.

Jolo

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
You're just in the 3rd fase;

fase 1; buy the game
fase 2; actually renew after first few month
fase 3; denieing addictiveness (lol dunno what's the correct word there)
fase 4; stopping for WoW
fase 5; coming back
fase 6; still in denial
fase 7; Admition to being addict
fase 8; normal player.. now and then :p

...oops - nearly missed this thread - was too busy playing DAoC... untl the servers went down or something!?

I'm in phase 6 or 7 btw - have done all the others ;)

J :drink:

Gamah

Banned
Tualatin said:

fase 1; buy the game
fase 4; stopping for WoW
fase 5; coming back
fase 6; still in denial

Na

Only 3 Phases

Phase 1: Buy the game
Phase 2:
Phase 3: Profit!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Damn Lythande, you still play? :D

Nice to see a very old friend from my first ever guild, Odin Æresgarde :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I play to hang out with a few nice m8s ive made over the years in daoc, in RL many of my m8s have moved from uni and i still have 1 semester to go. so its a good way for me to spend time till im done with uni

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I play the game because I enjoy it, even though my playtime is limited.

If I get bored in-game, I log off. Simple.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i play cos i get bored rigid with other games that are scripted - doom / hl / hl2 / Dungeon siege2

got very bored with BF2 -

got even more bored with WOW!

only DAOC gives a true test of your skills (insert random whine/whinge about one-buttoness of warcocks!!) against other skillful players. I know there are class imbalances between realms, but hey i really do enjoy running out with me mates - having a laff and a chat on vent and wasting time during the evening!

shame im currently studying for my microsoft exams :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
This game ruined my pusher, it's a good nuff reason to keep playing it despite it ain't fun as it was before oO

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
same as eggy for me

I used to be addicted i have lost girlfriends over this game. Now if i am playing and a mate calls me to go to the pub i will log. I refuse to let the game control my RL

Took from US BETA to find that balance

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Got to be cos of its addictive nature. For me developing my characters with ML's, arti's etc is the most addictive - problem is when I finally am kitted out I sit there thinking 'Ok....what next?, can't be arsed to RvR atm' :eek7: And don't answer this with 'start crafting' :puke:

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Enjoyment - still one of the best games out there... beats some/most of the sh*t on TV....

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm similar to Eggy.

I enjoy playing the game, i met loads of people that i have good talks/laughs/... with.
The entire community is unique in DAoC. (Mind you i haven't played any other game online so can't say for anything else) Though the fact alot of people come back and i'm still here after 4 years... i guess it must stand out despite it's many flaws.

I do go out and about and have quite a busy irl but i've come to see the people ingame as my friends so i try to log in a few hours each night to have fun and chats.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Tualatin said:

fase 1; buy the game
fase 4; stopping for WoW
fase 5; coming back
fase 6; still in denial

I'm in phase 7 then, don't think I'll be in phase 8, but who knows?? :drink:

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Kinag said:
Damn Lythande, you still play? :D

Nice to see a very old friend from my first ever guild, Odin Æresgarde :)

Indeed! OÆ ftw.. I know several of the old GMs are on WoW btw Kinag, but maybe you knew that?

Inko

Fledgling Freddie
Been hooked on World of Warcraft since beta. And after about a year I was kind of trying to squize the juice out of it *yawn*. On servers I played I often met people who said "Uh? You've never tried DAoC?! ..shame one you, my friend!". So, naturally this was my stop. A friend and I started playing on US-version since they had roleplay servers, but I had some friends on the EU version so we fled to EU - Worth it? Time will tell, I've only been playing for about 14 days now. In such short time, I've concluded I'll be playing a long time though.

I was happy to see the graphics had been updated (I'm running the DR-expansion) since when I first saw DAoC a few years back. Hehe, I can't wait to watch Twin Peaks while sitting and spamming my craft buttons ;)

In short; I play becourse I'm a MMO addict :eek7:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Heh, Bugzy, because you can't afford to "get hammered every weekend"? Rrrright, that's the official story, but we all know you're a kid so I guess going out to get drunk is out of the question. I call it "denial" in your case, tbh. :p

As for myself, I play because of my group and I currently have nothing else to do. ;)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I play it for fun, the game itself isn't so much fun these days, but playing with my guild is so :D

I'll stay with daoc until i find something else more addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom