Why do people flame GOA ?

K

Kobold

Originally posted by Quaz-
Think about it guys, GOA/ Mythic worked hard to make this game and are workin even harder to get SI out in time (21st Feb).
They must feel shitty to work hard and then get told they suck alot of the DAoC players, if u ask me I reckons GOA are doin a gr8 job, I've never played a game that gets updated so much or have such constant work put into a game.
99% of the problems we have/had have been fixed without a huge wait ... so please think again be4 u post a GOA/Mythic sux post.
and no I dont work for GOA/Mythic =P

I agree. They doing a very good job imo. Ofcourse some things could be better, but nothing/nobody is perfect. I think GOA/mythic handle most think very well...specially compared to other games like AO etc lol....

Some unstabilety on server sometimes can be very annoying...but hey they do as good as they can, I work with computer networking myself and I know there can be lots of problems that is hard to solve and are very unexpected...so lets give teh hard working guys a break :p

..on the other side they prolly don't read those forums anyways....so why not flame like shit and have some fun while at work :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

S

stighelmer

A helping hand?

Originally posted by lightsout
Obviously U have not read it properly either.

I clearley stated that Lightsout was just over level 45 when the patch came in on more than 2 occasions, and that I have been trying the respec since the patch came in. As to relivance I stated all the other people that was same Level as me when it patch came in and others that have waited longer than i have and that has had there respec.

Reignfire Lvl 50 Light Eldritch
Lightsout Lvl 50 Warden
Latent Lvl 24 Ranger
Nightsend Lvl 28 Piercemaster

@lightscout

I would have to disagree with you dude, although I feel your pain. You have not CLEARLY stated what your issues were in the conversation with GOA. I had to read the conversation twice to get your point - and I'm not totally dense, thank you :p

And also, remember some of these guys are not that good at English, being French and all ;)

As I understood it your issue is the following:

Although you tried to "/respec all" during the level your character where when the 1.52 patch came out you could not do it. You tried repeatedly during that level and also during the next and still you could not get it to work.

After leveling twice after the patch date, your chances of a full respec will be zero, so you are now left to the mercy of GOA. But to be able to get help try to explain it as crisp as ever possible.

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but this full respec should work within two "levelings" regardless of what level you were when the patch came out :uhoh:

Just my two cents. And please do not view this as a flame, I'm just trying to help you explain your problems to GOA.

Cheers and good luck in resolving the issue :)

L

lightsout

Re: Re: Pin

Originally posted by Pin

Actually, you first said it was 42+, then said it was 45+. In your sig you are stating that the char is now 50.

50 - 45 = 5.
5 > 1, therefore no respec for you. It is clear that yet another person failed to either read the patch notes or comprehend the English language used within them.

Also reading the replies from GOA, they tell you that you only get the full respec within the 2 levels of the patch, so YOU DO NOT GET A RESPEC

Yes Lightsout is now lvl 50 has been for a while now.

LOL Pin u saying that I should of stop playing a support class and let my guild suffer in RvR and also stop levelling till Right Now actually saw fit to answer my questions?

Lightsout Lvl 50 Warden
Latent Lvl 24 Ranger

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: Pin

Originally posted by lightsout

Yes Lightsout is now lvl 50 has been for a while now.

LOL Pin u saying that I should of stop playing a support class and let my guild suffer in RvR and also stop levelling till Right Now actually saw fit to answer my questions?

Lightsout Lvl 50 Warden
Latent Lvl 24 Ranger

???

If you were level 45 when patch 1.52 came in on the 6th of November and you didn't report the problem until the 31st of December, during which time you have levelled to 47 or above, you have no case.

What level were you on the 31st of December? Did you stop levelling for those 8 weeks (and let your guild suffer in RvR for that duration) until you reported the problem? All I see is that you wrote to them on the 31st of December asking for your level 50 character to be respecced to a level 50 template. As far as I can see, you have no case. Wait a few patches and kill the dragon, get lucky in the lottery and respec then. Other than that, it seems clear cut to me, you do not get a respec.

N

Nightchill

I've said this before: I quite like GOA :)

GOA have a lot more to do than just translation. In an ideal word, yes, it's all they'd have to do. But Mythic give them very, very little support. When a new patch comes in, if any code has changed, GOA have to work out what it does for themselves.

The problem with translation comes from the clicky [text] boxes I think. Didn't Kemor post about that a while ago? They have to find all instances of it in the code and make sure it's linked right yada yada.

Saying all that, the billing pisses me off too :eek:

O

old.LandShark

You have an admirable signature Soulfly :clap: :clap:
Mind if i copy it :p

O

old.chipper

the thing that pisses me off about goa the most is the lack of communication between the players and goa officials is something goes wrong we dont tend to find out about it for a few days if at all

i also hate having to wait for patches that need minimal coding for the english servers we have to wait along time just to satsify there needs which imo is bollox most ppl who play on excal/pryd dont play on the french or german servers so why should we wait.

Users who are viewing this thread