Why do people flame GOA ?

R

Repent Reloaded

Think about it guys, GOA/ Mythic worked hard to make this game and are workin even harder to get SI out in time (21st Feb).
They must feel shitty to work hard and then get told they suck alot of the DAoC players, if u ask me I reckons GOA are doin a gr8 job, I've never played a game that gets updated so much or have such constant work put into a game.
99% of the problems we have/had have been fixed without a huge wait ... so please think again be4 u post a GOA/Mythic sux post.
and no I dont work for GOA/Mythic =P

D

Draylor

Because they could do better perhaps? :)

And because it frequently seems they really couldnt care less about the English servers.

And as for their billing system - its a joke :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

I'd agree on the last bit ;)

but they're not all bad...

They're human, so they make mistakes, fuck things up :)
Now if you want to see malicious evil companies... take a look at Verant (at least a year or two ago..)

tweety.bowlofmice.com is quite amusing ;)
(Sanya's alter ego - she used to be a volunteer CSR for EQ)

D

Dagalush

Originally posted by Draylor

And as for their billing system - its a joke :rolleyes:

And what kind of a joke would that be? Has worked flawless for me and everyone I know, maybe you sir is teh joke.

R

Repent Reloaded

aye, I found nothin to moan about with the billin system, maybe a 9 year old may find it hard thou....

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Well, we complain cause we invest our time and money into this game. We have a right to expect a working game. Having to copy a simple file to a directory after an automated patch is stupid...
No problem with the billing system, have normally little trouble with the connection to the server.
Damn, I used to play Planetarion, that was free, and we would still complain :)
People bitch, and several mistakes on the same day is stupid. We are running behind the US with patches.. so why does the European division make the same mistakes that the US did? Stupidity really.
Regards, Glottis

D

Draylor

Billing system problems, lets see:

1. Frequently down. If you dont know anyone whose had problems with this I guess you dont speak to many folks that play it.

2. Sends "reminders" that you subscription expires "soon" as they close the account. Not a problem, except when combined with 1.

3. "Locks" you out of the account section for a few hours if you change any details. Can be amusing when combined with 1.

4. Various pages that dont display properly in browser, and has been same since release. Not surprising, but how much does it take to have a readable page confirming payment ;)

5. Just plain ugly!

This is the first thing that people see when they buy DAoC. Hardly creates a good impression to have such an unreliable system in place.

C

Cowled

Okay okay okay..

Reasons:

I payed money, therefore i expected:

GoA:
1. Top-quality servers.
2. Top-quality Internet (at the servers)
3. An "ups" at the servers, some times it seem Zargar falls in the power-line.
4. RightNow to work within 12 hours (and not need to explain them something like 20 times, so it takes 2-3 ffs weeks).
5. Patching within 1 week from US-patch.

Mythic:
NO ONE WANTS YOUR STUPID PATCHES, KEEP THE STUPID RULES AS THEY ARE! IT'S YOU WHO RUIN THE GAME.. YOU YOU YOU!

Thank you.

C

Cowled

Gamers really prefer GoA and Mythic, they really do..
only GoA is a bit bad with stuff.. servers
And everything els they touch..

Sigh.. have to run..
u just keep playing the game, people :)
c-eriously have to run ..
kkthanks byeee :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Well, we complain cause we invest our time and money into this game. We have a right to expect a working game. Having to copy a simple file to a directory after an automated patch is stupid...

Why should you expect a working game? It is a game constantly in flux, with new featurse and content being added all the time. It is nigh on impossible to write any substantial (or even trivial) piece of software without there being bugs in it. If you were to wait for all the bugs to be found and fixed you would never get a game to play (or any piece of software to use).

The problem with the missing file was found and a fix was given within an hour or two, and the patch server was fixed up by late afternoon when Mythic got to the office and compiled up a new patch file.

The only thing that was amiss here is that the problem wasn't found and fixed in testing, but you only had to wait a few hours before it was.

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
People bitch, and several mistakes on the same day is stupid. We are running behind the US with patches.. so why does the European division make the same mistakes that the US did? Stupidity really.

We are slowly but surely catching up with the US servers on patches. On release last year we were roughly 4 months behind the US servers on patches, that came down to 3 months behind for the last couple of patches, and now we get 1.54 almost exactly 2 months behind the US servers, and again the Shrouded Isles set release date (at version 1.57) is 2 months behind the US.

Making the same mistakes? Well, pretty much the only thing that GOA does in terms of content is the translations. All binaries and content is given to them by Mythic. Mythic give GOA the server code, the specifications required for the server machines and networks, etc. Zone crashes suck, not being able to play the game for 4 hours sucks, but come on. It's pretty sad the number of people that just jump on the bandwagon and flame (the wrong people mostly) over the smallest little things.

Get over it, relax, enjoy your life.

Blah.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Pins right (hate to say that about any alb but..), most flames that happen tend to get drastically out of proportion within seconds.

Yes there has been failings with the billing system, however, would you rather it be bugged or insecure? No. Im sure the problems that arrise from it are more due to security and stability than any other reason, and well, your still here arnt you?

As for problems with game play etc, yes its true that RightNow is not the most reliable system, however what alternative do they have, after all imagine an email based complaints system, you'd have every moron around sending them mail or creating false hotmail or yahoo accounts to mass spam them every day. Sorry, but these ppl do exist.

Give them a lil credit eh!

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Cowled
Okay okay okay..

Reasons:

I payed money, therefore i expected:

GoA:
1. Top-quality servers.
2. Top-quality Internet (at the servers)
3. An "ups" at the servers, some times it seem Zargar falls in the power-line.
4. RightNow to work within 12 hours (and not need to explain them something like 20 times, so it takes 2-3 ffs weeks).
5. Patching within 1 week from US-patch.

Mythic:
NO ONE WANTS YOUR STUPID PATCHES, KEEP THE STUPID RULES AS THEY ARE! IT'S YOU WHO RUIN THE GAME.. YOU YOU YOU!

Thank you.

1. Since the same stuff happens in US, i would guess its more a Mythic problem then GOA

2. Most lag seems to come from crappy upstream providers, I almost never have an LD or lag, only when i get routed thru NY and back to FR nothing, This is the fault of MY isp or one of their
backbone providers, nothing GOA can do about it. The UK-FR links seems to be a piece of shit aswell.

4. havent needed to use rightnoz so no idee about that

5. Well it you want fast patches play US, we all knew they wouldnt be able to do the patch /translation in 1 week, and having 2 or 3 diffrent versions wound not only be a support nightmare but also piss the majority of the players of since there are much more players on the german and french servers, and they would always be patched later.

E

elbeek

GOA may well work hard but as you can see there are still many issues 12 months on. The main moans are shoddy updates, crap servers and pathetic billing. So don't defend them, they take a lot of money each month and as has been said, we expect a lot more from them.

O

old.LandShark

I would flame GOA if it made any difference because of the fucking ludicrous lag you get from UK on ADSL or cable.

A

Aussie-

they get shitloads $$$$$$$$ from us so a bit flaming wont hurt them

K

Karl [DAOC]

because they fucked me up the ass without asking the left me to die...

literally... (read my signature)

N

Neural Network

People always want more and more, not looking back seeing what they have now that they didn't have before, and be glad about it. Lower your expectations to an absolute minimal and you'll get so much more out of life.

But I also know complaining is a part of human nature, we'll newer be pleased no matter what happens.

T

tris-

i hate GOA because they have a fucking test server then release a patch live with bugs, good going u brainless shits.

K

katani

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they get shitloads $$$$$$$$ from us so a bit flaming wont hurt them
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not when SWG comes out they wont :)

B

bracken_woodman

Can I have my tank RA respec now please? :(

L

lightsout

Why I would Flame GOA and Mythic.

Read this email conversation. Do you think they read the questions?

>To: loi_tang@hotmail.com
>Subject: [Incident 021231-000039] Respec
>Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:14:34 +0100 (CET)
>
>Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
>center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
>We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
>within 48 hours.
>Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
>
>
>Subject
>---------------------------------------------------------------
>Respec
>
>
>Discussion Thread
>---------------------------------------------------------------
>Response (CS) - 01/16/2003 06:14 PM
>Hello,
>
>On our log you have lost or used the full respec, which means that you have leveled at least twice since the release of the 1.52.
>And we cannot give you another full repsec.
>Regards,
>---------------------------------------------
>European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
>
>Customer (Loi TANG) - 01/15/2003 07:42 PM
>Hi
>
>As stated Lightsout has NOT used his full respec. If it is matter of time scale I have been trying to respec since the patch but have not been able to. Others have done so recently as in Last week. I.E Regon my main character Reignfire also. Konna and Culanan 2 weeks ago.
>
>I need this matter resolving ASAP, as this has been an ongoing matter now for over a month. it is spoiling my fun in the game as this does not seem fair others have been given the chance and I have not. The past 2 response I have had from DAOC seems to be the same. Please read carefully what I have stated. This is the 3rd time now I am saying that I HAVE NOT HAD A RESPEC YET AND THAT LIGHTSOUT WAS LVL 45+ WHEN PATCH CAME IN. These are the issues. So please no more replies of 'if not respec at lvl 40-42 then lost rights to respec.' or 'Full respec was available when Patch 1.52 came in' I understand all that. All i want is to be given the same chance and opportunity as all the other players.
>
>
>
>Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
>
>
>
>
>Kind regards
>
>Response (CS) - 01/15/2003 10:24 AM
>Hello,
>
>The only respec you could have had and th others had used was the full respec after patching to 1.52.
>Regards,
>
>Customer (Loi TANG) - 01/13/2003 07:31 PM
>As Stated before my character was already past Lvl 42 when the respec came in. As others where allowed the respec when they were past lvl 42 when the patch came in I feel it would only be fair for Lightsout to have the same chance. If u need names then My Main Reignfire Respecced recently and he is Lvl 50. Culanan. Regon. Konna. Con. These are all characters from Excalibur Hibs and a few that I know respecced after lvl 42.
>
>Response (CS) - 01/13/2003 06:09 PM
>Hello,
>
>The respec lones are only available at level 20 and 40, after these levels, you have lsot them. As well you can use the full respec only 2 levels after patching. If you haven't done so, you have lost your respecs.
>Regards,
>
>Customer (Loi TANG) - 12/31/2002 05:02 AM
>Hi
>
>Since the patch 1.52 came in I have not used A respec all And yet I do not seem to have the ability to do so. When I go to the trainer It says that I can respec But it does not allow me to do so with my Warden character. It let me with my main character the Eldritch Reignfire. But not my Warden Lightsout. Both Level 50. Please help. The Spec that I want for Lightsout is 12 Parry 39 Blades 49 Nurture and 16 Regrowth

N

Novamir

- poor quality of subscription pages
- poor quality of english on website
- bad website design
- clumsy events
- routing issues
- massive problems with hibernia for first month/2 of pvp
- general pvp server lag
- zone crashes
- mass LDs
- roadkills
- world armament

T

thorwyntf

omg... guys, it´s a very simple thing... if you think goa and mythic and this game and the server and the billing system and the overpowered Hibs and the colour of the skin of the medial telamons in lyonesse during nighttime sucks, then ffs quit playing and play something else. Play Everquest, play UO, play X-Pilot, play Massive Multiplayer Tetris.. just stop this childish whining.
We´re talking about software here. And even worse, we´re talking about an online game with all the (secondary) problems that comes with it. There are bugs, lags, problems... there always will be.
Tell you what... try making a game yourself and try to make it bugfree and running smoothly 24/7 and we talk. Until then, stop the whine, enjoy the game (which IS running smoothly 99% of the time) and please please please... sit down, start thinking and realise, that those 10 Euros/month you´re paying to play this game do NOT automatically mean that you´re ruling master of the universe and the peons at GoA are there to serve you 24/7.

Thorwyn

Z

Ziva

I agree with thorwyntf. If the amount of complaints u have about GOA/Mythis is bigger then your amount of fun just quit playing the game.

Imho they really work hard to improve the game and this also includes making mistakes sometimes.

However... my main problem with GOA/Mythic is the fact that they should not make more features/possibilities in the game then they or their servers can handle. That's basically the same as showing candy to a kid and when the kid comes to get it, you eat it up yourself. I'd rather have less new features and a lot of testing then new features all time which turn out to be bugged or not usable because of server load.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Ziva
I agree with thorwyntf. If the amount of complaints u have about GOA/Mythis is bigger then your amount of fun just quit playing the game.

I did..

P

Pin

Originally posted by lightsout
Why I would Flame GOA and Mythic.

Read this email conversation. Do you think they read the questions?

Huh? You haven't actually said anything relavent in all of your messages to GOA.

What level was your character when patch 1.52 went in, and what level was it when you posted your messages? If the difference between these numbers is greater than 1, YOU DO NOT GET A RESPEC.

L

lightsout

Pin

Obviously U have not read it properly either.

I clearley stated that Lightsout was just over level 45 when the patch came in on more than 2 occasions, and that I have been trying the respec since the patch came in. As to relivance I stated all the other people that was same Level as me when it patch came in and others that have waited longer than i have and that has had there respec.

Reignfire Lvl 50 Light Eldritch
Lightsout Lvl 50 Warden
Latent Lvl 24 Ranger
Nightsend Lvl 28 Piercemaster

N

NoBrains

Tbh i blame both mythic & goa...

I blame goa for the simple fact that they said in beta we will make patches 2weeks latter than us servers or 1week... well if they have said right away we can't do it so we will take 2months i wouldn't honestly mind they fucked up here...

2) don't say there aren't billing system probs because there are and alot altho i never had one but i know ppl that couldn't play for a week due to billing system... and it's not a joke just things don't always go the way we want... get used to it really :p

3) COSTUMER SUPPORT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mythic...

Well i've played us and the only single very unic complain i have is... don't lie that much...
" we not implementing RA's to balance classes" <-- what a big joke

someone explain me why do they create CC if they working in all way possible for it not to work? spell craft just came to make a huge increase in resists
err cmon if it's to nerf mez just delete the fucking spell stop making kid work...

Think that's all

P

Pin

Re: Pin

Originally posted by lightsout
Obviously U have not read it properly either.

I clearley stated that Lightsout was just over level 45 when the patch came in on more than 2 occasions, and that I have been trying the respec since the patch came in. As to relivance I stated all the other people that was same Level as me when it patch came in and others that have waited longer than i have and that has had there respec.

Reignfire Lvl 50 Light Eldritch
Lightsout Lvl 50 Warden
Latent Lvl 24 Ranger
Nightsend Lvl 28 Piercemaster

Actually, you first said it was 42+, then said it was 45+. In your sig you are stating that the char is now 50.

50 - 45 = 5.
5 > 1, therefore no respec for you. It is clear that yet another person failed to either read the patch notes or comprehend the English language used within them.

Also reading the replies from GOA, they tell you that you only get the full respec within the 2 levels of the patch, so YOU DO NOT GET A RESPEC

Users who are viewing this thread