Why did you pick the realm you picked ?

T

TocaTank

played hib cos me mate does, gave me some money and helped me on my merry way. Picked a menty specced everything tits up, got fed up and choose eldritch...did the same and rolled a Hero.

Hero is gimped but what the hell, its only a game...innit ?

O

old.chipper

played beta as an alb cos my m8 DTM played there i liked hib though when i tried it
at release i went alb again because alot of friends i made during beta went alb again :) 90% of em left rerolled etc so i thought alb sucks i always liked hib and came over :) never looked back since

A

Aloca

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
I rolled an eldritch because I liked the description in the daoc booklet, specced totally wrong and decided I wanted to play a support class again...

Same reason why i did ho Hib. tho i didnt spec that wrong, maxed void.
Now my Eld is lvl 43 R2L5 (old days you could kill peps in emain at lvl 25 ) and respeced to mana but lvls isnt moving anyway....... :)

R

Rollie_David

picked alb as loads of my old UO friends played there.

C

cercela

Well i played off my friends account for a while. He had a chanter/bard/ns

so i made a druid. I went all the way to lvl 16 on his account then deleted it for a blademaster. Only got to 10 then i realized i had totaly misspec so i rerolled her to lvl 12. Then I deleted druid and made a NS to lvl 11. then i deleted blademaster made a champ (got to lvl 20 capped bg).

Decided i liked champ so I got my own account and remade the champ. Friend PLed me back to lvl 16, and dung to lvl 19 on my own and capped BG. I started another nightshade dung him up to 19 capping bgs.

I decided i liked speed and I made a chanter and a bard. I dung the champ to 20 and there were no sprag groups so i got on my lvl 17 bard.

On her I got invite to Ilfirin Arda and I lvled with a couple of the for couple bubs. Then some lvl 24 msgs me saying he needed a bard. So i went to TC and by the end of the day I was 24. I decided that would be my main, and now its 50.

BACK on subject, the main reason i chose ib was because of friend. But mids are to ugly (escept for norsewomen but they are gimped) and albs are to...... crap

O

old.Laryssa

coz i heard poca had the fattest arse and I had to see it
:)

T

Tyka

Because my pally friend on the US said hibernia was the underdog realm and a champ was a twist of a caster/tank, wich i loved and played in beta, then i realised hero was 10 times better in release and rolled it on hib, still loved to be underdog.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by old.Nol
Only regret was believing Gray when he said meet me behind the grovewoods for an invite to CF...I still walk funny :/

hahaha :ROFLMAO:

A

Arnor

mid, norwegian, nuff said

v.disappointed in kobold&co tbh, I mean MIDGARD FFS!!!! ^^

G

Garbannoch Nox

i have played a mage class in every rpg so far
hibernia = magic realm
ergo: me choosing hibernia ;)

and it was the best decision to make - probably would have stopped playing by now if I have chosen albion (mages kinda suck there) or midgard (no mages at all) ;)

O

oblivion_6

went hibernia because ide read a lot of celtic books bout the fomorians and tir na nog

oh and also coz it was on the top left of the screen and your human instinct is to read top left to right :p

and i must say i play alb on prw and i much rather prefer hib it just looks a lot more fantasy styled and also has more of a background than alb

E

Elric IA

Having played Asheron's Call before I actually fancied a character who could use a two handed weapon (only 1h weapons in AC) and liked the idea of the champ so rolled Hib.

S

Saeval

Several reasons here... basically, I love all things magical and mystical - so I always played mages in past RPGs. After hearing that Hibernia was the 'magical' realm, it became my first choice :)

Anyway, regardless of where I wanted to play, I was going to go with a few friends from a past guild in Asherons Call to play DAoC from its US release. Luckily, however, they seemed to be interested in hib too and my first character was an eld. An eld because my mage class had to be very specific (as apposed to having several schools) and I had decided on being 'the main damage dealing caster' - I was clueless of its flaws :p

He only got to level 18 and 400 tailoring before a friend told me the 'perfect' mage was on mid - the Runemaster. So I followed him to mid and played a RM to 48. By this time, I had a RL friend hyped up about the game - but he bought the EU version :/

So after a while, I decided to join my friend in EU who rolled hib to play a ranger (drizt fan :p). And so, I was back on hib and gave the eld another try :)

So there it is, 2 beginnings - both on hib :) Sorry to those who read through the whole post, as you only needed to read the first few lines :p

H

Hothnog

Closed beta, my first was dwarf warrior, met up with some players and become Winters Breath. As it was beta as a guild we chose to go to alb when they deleted are characters. Last delete we mosty went to hib (Celtic Fist). Lots of talk towards end of beta and we picked hib to play when game went live as it was the underdog. I wanted to go mid when live and start me old dwarf warrior again :) but as most mates stayed hib i didnt want to leave them.

T

tuathra

elfes.

and in bonus i got the chance 2 pl ebonn :>

- Tua

M

Moody

Learned about the game from a colleague at work. He played Alb. I chose Hib and rolled a pierce Blademaster and a Void Eld. After some time I was asked to join Albion and got more and more involved there so got stuck there.

Still Hib is my first love tho. People seem to be naturally friendlier, laid back and understanding in Hib. I don't have the guts to delete my chars so started on Hibernia Prydwen again after playing Mid there for a while but don't like mid at all.

If I'm in a group with someone using FFS in groupchat I always ask "Excal Alb?" and they always answer "Yea, how do you know?" :rolleyes:

I

ilaya

I like midgets with hammers :)

And green. Lots of green. And hammers. Oh i said that already.

I like hammers. And midgets.

I like drunken midgets with hammers.

I like drunken midgets, green and hammers.

<time for bed.....>

V

Vladdie

I picked Hiburnia because i cant spell Midguard and Alberon very well :( :(

U

uncle_sal

In beta i first choose albion.. then rerolled to hibernia for friend.. in retail Hibernia was supposed to be underdog and i thought i could make biggest difference in weakest realm :)

X

Ximadir

In beta i started on alb/excal cause i thougth dark age of "CAMELOT" so i had to play in the realm where castle camelot was hehe :).

Met a dutch guild there defectu virium and i decided to stay there when the game went live i made a cleric called winfox and had much fun in defectu. Kcinimodus was very nice to update my account with his cc cause i had no cc @ the time. After the cleric i decided to role a paladin.

Then i went to try mid/pryd well you c on my lvl 50 chars that i styed there long :) But went back to alb to check my old friends so i rolled a couple of bg1 infils but then dve broke up :(

And i only styed in alb because of that guild so i dicided to delete alb and move to hib on excal. Still miss dve tho :(

R

Ravenbourne

My brother inlaw played hibernia and did his friend so i started here and loved it ever since, most people are great, obviously you get the odd twat but hey thats life.

L

Lethania.

Well I have to say I chose hibernia for the elves (had just seen lotr and isn't Legolas jsut soooo hot ;))

well got disapointed in the elf ranger so made a druid and liked it :) tho leta is better then any druid out there

O

old.0xygen

Hibernia because it = Ireland. And I live in Ireland :p

M

mastade

Originally posted by Sim^
Because Mastade told me to :[

Or.. becuz i deleted my alb char and moved hib.. and becuz of that you did the same? ~_~

S

Simmern

Originally posted by mastade
Or.. becuz i deleted my alb char and moved hib.. and becuz of that you did the same? ~_~

No, you told me to go hib with you ;x

F

Freppe^^

choosed hib in beta, lvl 3 guardian i became! xD Mid at release tho cus it connects to sweden or smth bla bla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom