Why did you pick the realm you picked ?

P

Pocyourhontas

When you first started playing DAOC, you chose a realm, WHY did you pick the realm you picked ? I know a lot carried on from beta, so why did you pick that particular realm in beta?

No reason for asking other than curiosity.

I did Hib cos i like 8 foot tall women with green hair so i did a firby :)

Although first character was a luri :)

O

old.Icebreaker

Don't remember really. Think i just picked a Realm in Beta and
landed in Hib :D

Met 981928192 1/2 nice ppl and here i am

still

:cool:

N

-Nuked-

friends from D2 picked hibernia (igraine or something) i was going to get the us version so i figured i would get the UK version first and practise then move. didnt move though :p o yea, and i honestly had a feeling anyone under the age of 13 would pick albion!

R

Rubric

I chose hib to be ranger,
I never new the danger,
Its been a long slog,
No trips to the bog,
I just go in my manger.

Sorry little tough that one.

O

old.Mousah

Started out in hibernia back in beta made a blademaster and didnt even know that i needed to pay for con after i died so ended up as a total gimp that couldnt even kill a graycon :D, tested out all 3 realms but when the game went retail i wanted to start a armsman becouse they seemd so cool with that pole :)

after 1 year i got fed up with albion and decided to try out mid on prydwen where i rolled a skald, got fed up with him went back to Excalibur and then Jahar(rl friend of mine) talked me over to hib
delete->reroll->and here i am...

D

darbey

I picked Alb as id just been released from a secure mental unit , was high on space cake and drunk permanantly . Seemed like a good idea at the time.

S

StormriderX

I liked the sound of blademasters "wonderous blur of steel!"

E

Ensceptifica

Started on Prydwen as a troll shaman. I liked being a support class, but thought Midgard looked kind of boring. So I picked a realm which looked more magical and wondrous, which was Hibernia. I rolled an eldritch because I liked the description in the daoc booklet, specced totally wrong and decided I wanted to play a support class again... nobody played a warden, so I thought I'd be pretty unique and rolled one. Never regretted it.

O

old.Tzeentch

cus hibernia was the magic realm and mentalists were masters of the mind ( ????????????? ), that sounded cool =/

E

elerand

Hibernia, the celtic theme got me....

I still remember the day I started playing, pissed out of me head, rolled a hero and put 5 points into int and empathy ;)

O

old.Gillaien

Some friends told me about the DAoC beta around christmas 2001

Well when open beta came we picked excalibur cause someone told us it was the "german" server - turned out to be wrong but we liked it :D Why Hib? Elves, magic, beautiful landscape, and: Druids! I had one in eq that never got past 30 so I wanted to have one again ;)

After beta only 2 of us continued playing and ended up helping to found BoH (where we played in beta) and a few weeks later created TDD :)

C

~Clarky~

i wanted to be a stlong paladine ...

ended up making a dwarf thane, got him to the 32 then realised why the f**k was i playing such under-estimated class.

Re-rolled as a friar , and velly happy > drinking classes own :D

O

old.Nol

Rolled Hib because I always play bards in rpg's...and also because of Slayne(2000AD), Irish Legend Finn, Cormac, etc...

Only regret was believing Gray when he said meet me behind the grovewoods for an invite to CF...I still walk funny :/

H

hrun

well.. hibernia for the elves and the luris ofc.. Midgard seemed to grey and alb too *** :p

Because of Aucard me and him spent a couple of beta-weeks at Brocielande believeing it was the english server ;)

S

stroopwafel

albion, because someone told me to :\
deleted for mid
deleted for hib
happy now :)

H

Hestetun

gorguss , kobold and Inuyasha and ofc Jalla maid me start in hib ^^ dont regret it for life :)

E

Easdown

got a demo of the game before it was in jan '02 i think played made a kobbie mage in mid decided it was too dark, then went to hib made a guardian and didnt get to lvl 5 i think, then the demo expired so i bought the game, went straight to hib made a lvl 6 mentalist (i think i put a point in everything) couldnt understand what all the spells did so i stopped playing that char. then made a hero, specced it pierce cause they were the fastest weapons and i cant be doing with slow weapons.

E

Elomiem

Originally posted by Ebonn
Hibernia had Elves.. ! :D
elves=only race that is cool ;)
well,i lub elves so no other choice..even was an elven champion in beta :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom