Why did you pick the realm you picked ?

M

Marwolaeth

At the time i felt Hibernia seemed like the underdogs and since I liked the idea of fighting against overwhelming odds and feeling like I achieved somthing I picked thye emerald isle! ...Also they had Elphs :)

B

baragh

Haven't been playing for that long (since SI release) and i heard hibernia was lacking numbers. I reckoned players who don't necessarely have to be the "winner" are usually nicer and more grown up. After playing neocron i really needed to get of the uber-players bandwagon :) I think i made the right judgement there.

I would have thought the landscape would be more dark and gloomy (esp. cursed forest), that's a bit of a disappointment, tho Hy Brassill is definately way better in that regard.

A

angara-ffs

no idea :/
Just choose a realm, and it was Hib...

Y

yaemon

you dont't choose hibernia... hibernia chooses you :p

M

mastade

well, was really becuz in the manual, it said that wardens were excellent fighters!!!

FU MYTHIC, IRL

A

Auriel

Elves!! Straight to Hib I go! I just love the whole speed & style > brute force mentality of elves.

I'll prolly start Pryd/Mid when ToA arrives :D Dark elves fortehwin!!

F

Faeldawn

I always play a ranger if its an option, thats why i "chose" hibernia :)

B

Begach

I picked hib because alb is full of albs an mid is full of mids. Anywhere where they aint an i'm happy (with the odd exception).

OOOOOoo except my stlong future pryd/SB. Now they gonna be nerfed, an actually worth the effort/challenge, I fancy playing one. Plus he's got orange hair. You know you can't go wrong with bright orange hair on a blue midget.

B.

S

Solarius

Elves and Ireland/Celtics

(Anyone else seeing a trend here?):clap:

Rolled an Elf chanter in Beta, was wondering about speccing so asked a friend, he responded that 'since Enchantments is your class defining spec, I'd do that' :rolleyes: Then rolled a Celt Champ, loved it, so that was my main.

Rerolled my chanter, but this time he's Mana specced (surprise!), and having fun with him.

Elf Nightshade, went through BG1 getting ganked by Infis and Shadowblades, but had great fun using the insta to 'reveal' stealthers near the CK when it was hib - I think thats where he got all his RPs in BG1 from - for the Guards to kill. sweet revenge, and looking forward to BG3 (noone goes to BG2 :( )

C

cougar-

wanted to pick hib since it seemed so nice to be luri, but my irl troll friends forced me to be in cold snowy mid so whole guild was created there :rolleyes:

(Was just after release in US so i basicly only knew what i saw from screenshots.)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Picked hibernia because:-

a). Im fairly interested in celt mythology.
b). Magic realm (supposedly).
c). They seemed like the underdog and I enjoy the challenge.

I

ilaya

Originally posted by mastade
well, was really becuz in the manual, it said that wardens were excellent fighters!!!

FU MYTHIC, IRL

think it also says that nightshades are powerful spellcasters too.. cant be certain since i cant find manual :)

S

sharon_corr

I picked Hibernia because of the Irish-Celtic theme. I love Ireland. I'm an Irish wannabe. I love it! I dont regret it! I will never reroll.

Long Live Ireland!

D

Draggnarok

maybe cos im irish, maybe because they had elves :p and hobbits.... erm i mean luris... yes... that and i prefere woodlands lush green grass to either snowy rugged land or unfertile dirt grass :D

M

Marwolaeth

hmm must admit that thats the only reason I'd consider going midguard.....I love snow :D

O

old.Garax

I chose Hib as i'm welsh and the thought of playing in Albion was just too disturbing :p

Plus a few of my friends from Legend of Mir were all in hibernia and it seemed like the obvious choice. Plus i had heard Hib was pretty much the underdog realm and i felt that it would be cool to throw myself into it. :D

L

liquidnitrogen

Originally posted by old.Garax
I chose Hib as i'm welsh and the thought of playing in Albion was just too disturbing :p

Plus a few of my friends from Legend of Mir were all in hibernia and it seemed like the obvious choice. Plus i had heard Hib was pretty much the underdog realm and i felt that it would be cool to throw myself into it. :D

EAZY4tehwin!!!!!

S

Sichama

Well i first started on Midgard but one of my best RL friends had started Hibernia on Excalibur, and as he had allready reached lvl 20 when i bought the game, and at that time we thought it was so uber to be 20, i changed Realm.
Now he doesnt play anymore and i got stuck on Hibland, and love it :D
And i brought all my other friends in too ;)

To bad Dark Elves somehow ended up in Mid :(

K

k0ugar

i origonally picked midgard.. i loved the whole viking theme.. but then, sum crap happened..moved to alb.. tried it out and i liked it and i havent really thort of moving anywhere.. tho, tbfh i shuda chosen hib due to the fact im half irish, and i can speak a little galic, and i love everything irish, silly arnt i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom