Why are all you old DAoC people going PvE?

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
The three sides is gonna be on the err can't remember the name new server type they came up with culture pvp? or something like that PvP is everyone you see wants a piece of you (i assume you can make guilds for allies though)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The three sides is gonna be on the err can't remember the name new server type they came up with culture pvp? or something like that PvP is everyone you see wants a piece of you (i assume you can make guilds for allies though)

Well...that's a bit silly.

Culture PVP should, in any case, e RPPVP server. Though, i'm hoping the RP crowd is the normal RP crowd, and they know not to f*ck the neighbors sh*t up! :eek:

But free for all PVP with no sides...PVE sounds more reasonable now. Which, is rather sad.

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Well...that's a bit silly.

Culture PVP should, in any case, e RPPVP server. Though, i'm hoping the RP crowd is the normal RP crowd, and they know not to f*ck the neighbors sh*t up! :eek:

But free for all PVP with no sides...PVE sounds more reasonable now. Which, is rather sad.

Now you know why the daoc ppl are mainly going pve :p

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ill most likely roll on a pvp server, with a 6 man grp. camlan wasnt all that bad, hard solo sure, great as fg oh yes if enough other grps. Im sure many will agree with me that the "hib loop" 8v8 action on camlan is the best fg v fg action u can have in daoc:)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
You roam on Borderlands trying to capture difference resource nodes you need to build your keep,they are on timer aswell but apparently they are so many that there will be something to take all day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So ridd...clear me this Batman...men?

F*ck.

Clear me this Batmen!

PVE has "minigames" aka wow battlegrounds, right?
PVE has borderlands, which is free roam free for all PVP area, right?
PVE has your own territories where noone else can enter, aka, stygians can be evil in peace, right?(daoc realms)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie

F*ck.

Clear me this Batmen!

PVE has your own territories where noone else can enter, aka, stygians can be evil in peace, right?(daoc realms)

No, PvE has mini games, aka wow battle ground
PvE has siege instances up to 48v 48(some prerequisits like owning a town/keep thingy with ur guild also some guild que system)
PvE doesnt have borderlands where it is ffa, atleast not now.

If im wrong feel free to correct me, but thats what ive understood so far

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved

F*ck.

Clear me this Batmen!

yes
yes
no, think everyone can go into each others territories as far as im aware!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Until anyone is high enough we dont know for sureabout borderlands

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, PvE has mini games, aka wow battle ground
PvE has siege instances up to 48v 48(some prerequisits like owning a town/keep thingy with ur guild also some guild que system)
PvE doesnt have borderlands where it is ffa, atleast not now.

If im wrong feel free to correct me, but thats what ive understood so far

yes
yes
no, think everyone can go into each others territories as far as im aware!

Well...f*ck. Now i'm even mroe confused :D

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
The PvE server is FFA to do what ever they want i.e. players of all races and classes can go all across the world, but may not kill freely.

These fabled boarderlands were indeed canceled during development, due to lack of time or what ever, and are planned for future patches if there is a player demand.

And wait for players to get higherlvl, many lvl 80s allready:O

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The PvE server is FFA to do what ever they want i.e. players of all races and classes can go all across the world, but may not kill freely.

These fabled boarderlands were indeed canceled during development, due to lack of time or what ever, and are planned for future patches if there is a player demand.

Ah ok, so there's only those "mini games"(which doesn't sound appealing at all...

I dunno, guess i'm used to the "knife behind every corner" feel and playing(i will though) on a PVE server might seem too...fluffy?

The PVP server with the special rules, as in, race vs race, or whatever, sounds like the perfect style.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ah ok, so there's only those "mini games"(which doesn't sound appealing at all...

I dunno, guess i'm used to the "knife behind every corner" feel and playing(i will though) on a PVE server might seem too...fluffy?

The PVP server with the special rules, as in, race vs race, or whatever, sounds like the perfect style.

Yeah i agree, ill go pvp for now, but a race v race server would suit me better, as semi afk pve is what i cba to do in games when they get older, and if i need to stay on my toes at all times, well im too old for that:(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So curious as to why PVP servers are FFA though.

Doesn't seem to make sense.

Oh well, if the race based PVP kicks off, that'll deffo be the most fun for me.

Though the PVE server will be a nice tutorial and if the PVP side of it kicks into gear, well, the better.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I think(like on camlan) that pvp servers will be VERY hard if ur alone and at release with all ppl the same lvl running around trying out the ganking. If u, like "my" grp will try and move to some instances or semi safe spot untill we have learned the ropes, it will be very rewarding when u are done with the pve part.

In my "dreams" i can see a future expantion with few more classes(like a tank class for stygians) and the race v race pvp will be introduced and ill go there if i still like the game ofc:)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

Uh??

Guess where the guild keeps are....

Bingo! In the Borderlands :rolleyes:
You could travel there throu Lachelish Plains, Lotus Swamp and Poitan, at least in beta server

The only concern now is how the zone deals with the players when theres a siege about to begin. As none has tested it so far, we dont know if the 48vs48 players get ported to a different instance where the siege begins. Or the zone empties and allows only the 48vs48 players to be in

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Funcom sucks atm at giving important information to costumers :confused:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie

What the heck you are talking about? listened a net radio which was about 1 month old where they had main design leader or something to that effect and he said they almost had finished them and now were doing minor tweaking to them.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
So u are saying if u enter those Border lands u are free to attack ANY1? Like the Frontiers of daoc but in a full pvp manner as u dont have any realms

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh that is the idea behind The Border Kingdoms, but since sieging is now 48vs48 (wich means it has to be instanced?) I was starting to wonder what happened to The Border Kingdoms (where all these keeps are located).

The official site is back up and it says:
"The Border Kingdoms is the main region for massive PvP combat, and this is
where player guilds will fight over ownership of battlekeeps."

Updated 03-05-2008

The Border Kingdoms lost their purpose when sieging was made instanced.

The official website has no information post-instanced-sieging. Thus, noone knows what The Border Kingdoms function is now.

I'm prolly just overthinking this...

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
The official website has no information post-instanced-sieging. Thus, noone knows what The Border Kingdoms function is now.

Page 3 said:
You roam on Borderlands trying to capture difference resource nodes you need to build your keep,they are on timer aswell but apparently they are so many that there will be something to take all day.

That's what head designer said on the interview

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
This game is feeling more and more like an instanced pile of sh*t. Comparable to Guild Wars, whic also is a instanced pile of sh*t! Whats wrong with making a game bigger with more starting places instead of making it smaller and letting each player/group play on a "copy" of the gameworld.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
This game is feeling more and more like an instanced pile of sh*t. Comparable to Guild Wars, whic also is a instanced pile of sh*t! Whats wrong with making a game bigger with more starting places instead of making it smaller and letting each player/group play on a "copy" of the gameworld.

Technical aspects speak for instancing.

The rest are game design decisions.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved

I dont think you understand how fking massive the zones are in this game so i dont get your comment about "small"

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

I would like to take back what i said... its like the total opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom