Why are all you old DAoC people going PvE?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Not pve. Its Normal servers. And i personally cant run around and enjoy the scenery and take it easy if some twats runs around ganking people constantly. Thats what the frontiers are for (if they are not instanced as well, sigh)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
pve isn`t just pve it`s pve in the pve zones and pvp in the pvp zones as opposed to pvp where it`s 8 year griefers ganking people trying to xp.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Stupid stupid stupid funcon naming them PVE servers. Tricking gullable people into playing pvp servers :p

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
But as far as I know Border Kingdoms is not in (this is where you would siege and stuff, but that's instanced now...)

You guys sure 'PvE' means frontiers?

Thnx!

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Stupid stupid stupid funcon naming them PVE servers.

Sing sing sing the song of stupid stupid stupid Funcom!

*Elan plays banjo*

But yes, it's bad to call them PvE servers. They should be called Normal servers.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
They even made videos of frontier kingdom where people would fight against eachother etc. But if they randomly removed that for no obvious reason, i dont know.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
They even made videos of frontier kingdom where people would fight against eachother etc. But if they randomly removed that for no obvious reason, i dont know.

Yea that does seem dumb, it's even dumber that Funcom isn't giving good information about what is what.

So PvE = frontiers?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
But as far as I know Border Kingdoms is not in (this is where you would siege and stuff, but that's instanced now...)

You guys sure 'PvE' means frontiers?

Thnx!

PvP minigames and instanced PvP sieges are in and exist on the "PvE" servers. As for the border kingdoms themselves, I *think* you can roam there and pvp but i'm not sure.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
PvP minigames and instanced PvP sieges are in and exist on the "PvE" servers. As for the border kingdoms themselves, I *think* you can roam there and pvp but i'm not sure.

If it's not in, it's going to suck being on a PvE server..

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
So PvE = frontiers?

PvE in this case is what FunCom chose to call the "normal" servers. On these servers you can PvE without getting attacked by other players. And then, when you chose, you can PvP in different ways. So kind of like the normal DaoC servers.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
PvE in this case is what FunCom chose to call the "normal" servers. On these servers you can PvE without getting attacked by other players. And then, when you chose, you can PvP in different ways. So kind of like the normal DaoC servers.

Yea but choose as in, minigames and 48vs48 sieges, or roaming in Border Kingdoms? ;)

EDIT: I'm curious what the function of Border Kingdoms is going to be if Sieging and all that stuff is going to be instanced, wich it is.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If it's not in, it's going to suck being on a PvE server..

It will still beat getting chained at the bind stone by 12 year old Germans 20 levels above you :)

Ever wondered why the DAOC PvP server failed so badly?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Yea but choose as in, minigames and 48vs48 sieges, or roaming in Border Kingdoms? ;)

EDIT: I'm curious what the function of Border Kingdoms is going to be if Sieging and all that stuff is going to be instanced, wich it is.

I agree that 48vs48 VIP sieges will be a bit lame. Let's hope they up that number in the future.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
It will still beat getting chained at the bind stone by 12 year old Germans 20 levels above you :)

Ever wondered why the DAOC PvP server failed so badly?

That's true! However.. do you know anything about Border Kingdoms and what their use will be now (and if they're in?)

Thnx :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
The PvP servers are superb
You get jumped at 20% health by assassin/ranger duos when you are fighting 3 mobs

You respawn with 10% hits/mana/end at a bind stone only to see a fatality animation from the barbarian thats been camping it for 3 hours

It made me this bitter
YouTube - Black Books - Bernard's Letter
[youtubevid]JU4S2BIqoHY[/youtubevid]

Aada

Part of the furniture
I thought the french was the worse on DAOC pvp server.. calman omg had this fucking french cunting champion killing me all day.........

But i will still roll on both pve/pvp to see what they are both like.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
I know Camlann sucked, I know ganking sucks, I know that you'll most likely get ganked ALLOT on the AoC PvP servers. What I'm asking is: does anyone know how PvP will work on the PvE (or normal) servers.

1. Minigames + fixed sieges.
2. Minigames + fixed sieges + Border Kingdoms.

I'm wondering since the whole points of the Border Kingdoms was sieging, now that that's been moved to be instanced. What's left in the Border Kingdoms and are they even in?

Just looking for someone who can enlight me on this so I can pick the right server...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its something you will probably have to ask on the official boards. I don't even have an instruction manual yet :p

Will check when i get home if it mentions anything in the in-game manual.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Its something you will probably have to ask on the official boards. I don't even have an instruction manual yet :p

Will check when i get home if it mentions anything in the in-game manual.

Thnx allot man, main forums are down! :p

Pick Dagon.

Those guilds decided to roll on Dagon, and the list is not complete:

Dagon, the Age of Conan Community

Many of those guilds are interested in high end PvP mainly and not in ganking expers or camping rezz points.

Yea I saw that, that's why I want to play on Dagon aswell and I started my quest for server-rules... wich don't seem to exist.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Im 90% sure the border kingdom is free roam kill em all, either one way or another. Its just plain stupidity otherwise. I mean, it would be mind mind blowingly dumb!!! (is that a word? xD)

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Im 90% sure the border kingdom is free roam kill em all, either one way or another. Its just plain stupidity otherwise. I mean, it would be mind mind blowingly dumb!!! (is that a word? xD)

Rofl true..

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
From what i've seen the 48v48 instanced seiges are on the battle keeps which are the guild villages(the guild villages are def instanced anyway). Not the border keeps as it'll be a bit weird having a free roam zone with instanced keeps in the center but who knows. Hope it works like that anyway

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well never have i seen so much...fanboism :eek7:

Honestly people, you SOUND like those "8 year olds running around ganking people" right about now.

I lived my life in WoW in a PVP and RPPVP server and it's NOT that bad. There's an added suspense, but, it's not like you lot claim it to be.

If there's a free roam "war" area. Good, otherwise it's a bit fluffy to be honest.

Sure, the mainlands could be kept as there's plenty of guards, but hardly a war when you agree to fight in a civilized manner.

Should implement the EVE security system in all games.

Here=safe.
There=fights.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I admit. I am a fan of this game, and i am a boy(by gender). I guess that makes you a fangirl!

If i was and even if i stayed in for the rest of my days, i'd still see more poon then you ever will.

Don't start :flame:

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Well never have i seen so much...fanboism :eek7:

Honestly people, you SOUND like those "8 year olds running around ganking people" right about now.

I lived my life in WoW in a PVP and RPPVP server and it's NOT that bad. There's an added suspense, but, it's not like you lot claim it to be.

If there's a free roam "war" area. Good, otherwise it's a bit fluffy to be honest.

Sure, the mainlands could be kept as there's plenty of guards, but hardly a war when you agree to fight in a civilized manner.

Should implement the EVE security system in all games.

Here=safe.
There=fights.

There is a huge difference with WoW pvp servers and AoC pvp servers mainly due to the fact that in WoW there are the 2 sides which fight each other so you have allies, but in AoC its pretty much all against all so everyone you come across could fight you. I imagine the ganking will be a whole lot worse than that of WoW like camlann in daoc xD

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There is a huge difference with WoW pvp servers and AoC pvp servers mainly due to the fact that in WoW there are the 2 sides which fight each other so you have allies, but in AoC its pretty much all against all so everyone you come across could fight you. I imagine the ganking will be a whole lot worse than that of WoW like camlann in daoc xD

Isn't there three sides in there too?

Or rather, you wouldn't kill a fellow guy if you could wreck double the havoc allied?

The point is, sure, there are wankers, but there are ninjalooters and killstealers and all sorts of griefing f*ck on the PVE servers too. On the PVP and especially RPPVP servers, there's the equal amount of grayganking and such. From past experience.

Not all are wankers just 'cause they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom