Who's the better actor?

Who's the better actor?

• Total voters

Laddey

FH is my second home
Just watched The Hurricane. Such a great, great film.

Who's the better actor though, Russel Crowe or Denzel Washington?

Your opinions?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Russell, watch Romper Stomper or L.A. Confidential and try tell me different.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I like them both a lot but Denzel's performance in Training day was amazing. (waits for response about Washington playing same character in everything).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Neither of them are really actors, more characters(such as summer glau, milla jovovich etc), but from the two i think russel can shift -more- away from his basic portray.

Now Johnny Depp, there's an actor. Don't know if i've ever seen him act the same way in two movies.

Difference between actor/character = Actors can shift their personality so much that they become a whole new person. Characters are basically typecasts.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I really liked 'man on fire' but tbh that was probably more to do with the storyline than the acting, I don't really like Crowe very much but that has to do with him being a bit of a prick irl which taints my opinion of any of his movies.

But, tbh neither if them make me go oooh oooh oooh when I see a new movie with them in it.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Go watch "Virtuosity" and you'll see them both in the same film.
Denzel is the better actor hands down. :)

Russell Crowe just does ham, cheese and scenery chewing.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Toth Gota disagree mate. Crowes characters in Romper Stomper and A beautiful mind couldn't be more different. Also Depp plays very similar "quirky" characters in lot his movies. If you just look closel at the dandyish way he moves and acts in POTC, charlie and the choclate factory and alice in wonderland you can see this.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Neither of them are really actors, more characters(such as summer glau, milla jovovich etc), but from the two i think russel can shift -more- away from his basic portray.

Now Johnny Depp, there's an actor. Don't know if i've ever seen him act the same way in two movies.

Difference between actor/character = Actors can shift their personality so much that they become a whole new person. Characters are basically typecasts.

I agree in some respects - typecasting makes it hard work. I'd go with Denzel. What I did is look at IMDb and considered which films were more awesome and how they acted in them. That simple. Fallen was one of Denzel's most underrated films as Proof of Life was for Russell, at least from my perspective.

Depp is awesome as an actor but he's turning into Mrs. Burton. Oh and Pirates films after the first one = total wank. And yet another one is coming, the studio having paid a fortune for stars; I will ofc reserve judgement til I see it but I do not hold out high hopes. :twak:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

People known as character actors are never really the leading role though, unlike washington and crowe.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
tbh crispin glover >>>>>>all

...w0rd,

The lesser glover

This is the real glover right here!
1x0k2.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
In real life, Crowe is a total tosser, agreed, but Ladster asked the question, I answered, if you don't like it, you can slice your cock in half with a razor (starting at the jap's eye end ofc) :p

Marc

FH is my second home
In real life, Crowe is a total tosser, agreed, but Ladster asked the question, I answered, if you don't like it, you can slice your cock in half with a razor (starting at the jap's eye end ofc) :p

I would think you of all people would be loathe to believe the media. If you do some research into what he does back home in australia, you would see hes anything but a tosser

Fafnir

Resident Freddy

They are best at what they do. But this Johnny Depp got the largest range. One of his best movies is Finding Neverland.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I would think you of all people would be loathe to believe the media. If you do some research into what he does back home in australia, you would see hes anything but a tosser

Sometimes you don't have to believe the media, you have the evidence of your own eyes. His whole childish response to a journalist quizzing his accent in Robin Hood ("you've got dead ears mate"), when, sorry, his accent did wander all over the place, shows what a prima donna Crowe is.

However, I know someone who interviewed Denzel Washington once, and said he was completely the opposite to what you expect and "the most thoroughly pig-ignorant, rude **** I've ever met".

As for their quality as actors, they're both good. I can't think of many occasions when I haven't enjoyed their films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom