Whoohoo

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
dysfunction said:
Yeah it was fun. I'll be wasting my life away on there a bit more often I think.

You started getting better Dys, would be nice to see you on there more often.

Its a case of sticking to one gun when you are new, something like the Colt(third rifle) when you are CT and the AK(second rifle) when you are Terrorist. Thats what helped me anyway.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Best way is using the built in Steam buddy list and seeing when the rest of us are playing. May re-create the steam friends list thread in the HL forum so we can all find each other more easily.

Popping into the KEA server in the evenings usually finds you a good game with people you know.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:
Sorry m8, but thats so ill-imformed and silly, it makes you look like you've never played cs, which I suspect may be true :)
I played CS for a long long long long time, perhaps you've only played recently and weren't around in the wallhack/aimbot/bunny hop/AWP whore days which made CS into possibly the most un-fun experience in online gaming.

Plenty of games have improved on it but just not enough people switch to them.

I just prefer the slower pace of Raven Shield and Vietcong as they're a lot more realistic and enjoyable, and teamplay is actually required to win, not just a bunch of solo people on the same side.

In effect, my initial statement was neither ill informed nor silly, but wholly accurate and I stand by it still. Each to their own I guess but I just prefer a more involved gaming experience.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Throddy was around before they even invented the words counter and strike.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Jonaldo said:
Raven Shield ffs!

or maybe Vietcong, both make CS look like the second rate Bunnyhop kids fps it is. If only there were more maps for Vietcong it would be fantastic, as it is I play Raven Shield.

Thats your statement Jonaldo. Check it out m8. Thats the statement you're standing by ;)

Secondrate. Counter-Strike is still even now by far the most popular FPS around.
Bunnyhopping. As has been pointed out to you, there hasnt been any bunny hopping in CS for well over a year , maybe two.
VietCong. I played this for some time. It is graphically very flawed, fps readings going from 90 to 30 in a couple of degrees of rotation. the only maps anyone ever plays these days seem to be the port map and the
NVA base map, neither of which are in the jungle which kind of loses the point as far as i can see.
Ive never played Raven Shield, so I cant comment :)
I do however play LOTS of games, in particular atm cod and BF1942 in addition to cs, but but for all BF's variety, and for all cod's beautiful graphics, I would still be lost without CS. There is a level of skill involved in using the guns that is simply not found in any other game Ive tried.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jonaldo said:
I played CS for a long long long long time, perhaps you've only played recently and weren't around in the wallhack/aimbot/bunny hop/AWP whore days which made CS into possibly the most un-fun experience in online gaming.

Plenty of games have improved on it but just not enough people switch to them.

I just prefer the slower pace of Raven Shield and Vietcong as they're a lot more realistic and enjoyable, and teamplay is actually required to win, not just a bunch of solo people on the same side.

In effect, my initial statement was neither ill informed nor silly, but wholly accurate and I stand by it still. Each to their own I guess but I just prefer a more involved gaming experience.
What a load of tosh. Your statement is ill informed and innaccurate. Your comparing CS from 2 to 3 years ago with current games? In what way does that make any sense? You talk about games improving on CS, but are completely blinkered to the improvements and versions changes of CS since you last played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom