Who will not leave for Catacombs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Edaemos said:
I think quite alot of players will return for catacombs personally, once their free month is up. WoW is new so everyone is excited and saying "WoW rox, DAOC sux", but boredom will set in for alot of people and once the l33+ boi's start chain killing with their lv60 characters it will head down the same road DAOC did unfortunately.

I think your right... As for me, i´ll prolly buy wow to at some point.. But i wont ever stop playing daoc for wow :) Especially if the word about the 12years old fuckwits are true.. Would love to see these guys leave daoc tbh, and that would be the end for me in wow aswell for sure.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Well, WoW probably has the lowest average age of any mmorpg so its not surprising that the 12 year olds playing act like... 12 year olds. I try to stay away from random invites and people that use excessive leetspeek, that way ive had mostly pleasent grouping experiences so far :)

True......the crowd at webbhallen in stockholm scared an old man like me :p Luckilly I know most peeps in my guild are allmost as old, and the younger ones we work hard on "educating" with our never ending wisdom about........erm......beer?

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
my experience in WoW general chat really

First thing to do upon entering the WoW world, in all seriousness is type

/leave general

It will do your game experience no end of good.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
On the WoW general chat on Wednesday night/Bladefist server there was racist abuse being thrown about as well as non-english people slagging english people off.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
The best thing about general chat is that it gives all these fuckwits somewhere to vent. Somewhere to vent that I can turn off & forget exists tbh.

Now the one's who use the defense channels for lfg and other such nonsense, they really get on my norks ;)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Not encountered any fuckwits really. But I did switch of general chat as soon as I logged in the first time. Also I tend to only group in-guild. :p

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Most talks of the "bad" WoW community is just scare-mongering.

General chat is notoriously bad indeed, however it's only a relatively small group of fuckwits spoiling it. Give DAoC zone-wide chat channels and I don't think the results will be much better.
The fact that all the serious people leave /1 very soon makes general chat really some kind of ghetto for spammers, tossers and people who like to give verbal abuse.

Generally the people I have met are friendly to really nice, with the occasional annoying one. I've ran accross far more l33t kids in DAoC RvR actually. Would even go further : DAoC PvP servers were much much MUCH worser then WoWs PvP servers, I suppose the WoW normal servers must have a really nice community (anyone can fill me in on that :) ?)

It might be somewhat different on other servers (I'm on one of the less "l33t" PvP servers) but the WoW community is no better or worser then the Albion/Excalibur one.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Oh btw, games come and games go.

DAoC was good in it's time, but only "best" if it was your first MMORPG. Now it's only one of many fine but dated MMORPGs on the market.

WoW is frankly better designed then DAoC and will eventually get expansions too. Catacombs might draw some to DAoC but be sure WoW expansion nr 1 will draw those away again ...

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
playing late is the best thing to do if you need to group

all the kids are asleep then :p

I've done all instances and most quests with my guild, but I've grouped with a few people around 3am and it's been good so far. always get decent groups and people when it's late tbh. not that everything sucks during daytime, but in FB i've met retards who never spoke in group chat and rolled for all the loot, eventually he said "need money" and that's when he got booted :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Abel said:
I suppose the WoW normal servers must have a really nice community (anyone can fill me in on that :) ?)
Very nice so far, one of the bonuses of the Normal servers is all the l33t twats tend to dash off to PvP.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Very nice so far, one of the bonuses of the Normal servers is all the l33t twats tend to dash off to PvP.

I'll have you know that some of us not-very-leet-twats do that aswell, thank you very much :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, I didn't say PvP was all l33t twats, just that pretty much all l33t twats go PvP (cos it's for people with 'skillz' or something).

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Edaemos said:
I think quite alot of players will return for catacombs personally, once their free month is up. WoW is new so everyone is excited and saying "WoW rox, DAOC sux", but boredom will set in for alot of people and once the l33+ boi's start chain killing with their lv60 characters it will head down the same road DAOC did unfortunately.

I agree. DAoC has been gr8 the last few days, now that all the l33t fanbois have gone. Just a shame most of them will be back.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Old.Ilum said:
Ok now I'm tired of all the whinethreads etc ppl saying WoW wont survive launch of Catacombs, but imo its a strong game and ppl will stay so big up to all those staying and lets have lots of fun :D

Don't you find it sad that you have to whip up a frenzy to keep a player base.

It's a shame that you feel the necessity to start one of these threads less than 2 weeks into your shiny new game. Is it really that bad?

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Elbeek, if you actually had taken the effort to read this thread you would 've noticed most people just laughed at what he said.

It's a preposterous statement and that's what it is. Don't use it to feed your WoW-hatred and your flawed logic that DAoC beats WoW hands down, 'cause the reality is that it doesn't.

BTW if I jump over at the DAoC forums I stumble over all the threads about the sad state of affairs nowadays in that game. Draw your own conclusions ...

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Abel said:
Elbeek, if you actually had taken the effort to read this thread you would 've noticed most people just laughed at what he said.

It's a preposterous statement and that's what it is. Don't use it to feed your WoW-hatred and your flawed logic that DAoC beats WoW hands down, 'cause the reality is that it doesn't.

BTW if I jump over at the DAoC forums I stumble over all the threads about the sad state of affairs nowadays in that game. Draw your own conclusions ...

Where have I stated I hate WoB? Where have I stated that DAoC is any better than WoB? I merely suggest that the original poster seems to feel a little insecure, so please do not read any more into it. Thanx.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Kari said:
I'll have you know that some of us not-very-leet-twats do that aswell, thank you very much :p

Youre l33t Kari ;) In ze pub :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
Where have I stated I hate WoB? Where have I stated that DAoC is any better than WoB? I merely suggest that the original poster seems to feel a little insecure, so please do not read any more into it. Thanx.
The original poster plays DAoC not WoW (at least so far as I can tell). :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:

spamin useless replies are teh ultra 1337 nowdays.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Abel said:

I didn't see Elbeek state this anywhere, DAOC of course will have took a big hit at the moment, like all other mmorpg's as WoW is the most hyped/advertised online game ever. But im quite sure after experiencing WoW myself that after the free month many will return, of course ALOT of people will stay but then that is expected from a "new" game.

Btw the second sentence is your opinion only :) not the general thought :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'm playing on a roleplay server. I'm not the best roleplayer out there, in fact I only tend to do it when everybody else does and even then only on a superficial level. But I've not met any idiots yet, no 1337 types, just people who are enjoying the game and - from what I can tell - of more mature years.

I would tend to agree with Danny Boy, the kiddies, dickheads and elitists have gone to PvP servers. Good for them! :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
I would tend to agree with Danny Boy, the kiddies, dickheads and elitists have gone to PvP servers. Good for them! :)

at least we can kill em :-o :fluffle:

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Where have I stated I hate WoB? Where have I stated that DAoC is any better than WoB?

So you use WoB (World of Borecraft, as you have used it on another thread) because you love that game so much ?

Don't you find it sad that you have to whip up a frenzy to keep a player base. [...] Is it really that bad?

The original poster is just feeling a little insecure ?

You have both explicit and implicit statements. You didn't explicitly state those things, however I think you implicitly did so.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Abel said:
The original poster is just feeling a little insecure ?

You have both explicit and implicit statements. You didn't explicitly state those things, however I think you implicitly did so.

Oh joy, another educated twat.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
elbeek said:
Oh joy, another educated twat.
By the looks of it, you prefer to leave out the educated part.

If you enjoy Daoc, good for you! Most of us here however, do not.

If you can't find it in you to respect other peoples opinions, you really can't expect for them to respect your opinion.

Bellona

Banned
Evergrey said:
me!
better graphics!

thats a laugh, everything in wow is so low pylogon models it makes me puke irl, compared to catacombs, wow is nothing but daoc for kids and people that want to play mmorpgs but dont have the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom