Who will make the seemingly right choice ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Will probably try both games, tho, i'll most likelt end up with the new WoW expansion when that hits, having too much fun in WoW atm even tho all i do is pve. :(

Uhm ... brb in 2 months ^^

Septina

Part of the furniture
Uhm ... brb in 2 months ^^

? :D been playing wow now for almost 5 months so.... dont have any plans on quitting, got a good guild, raiding high end instances and it's actually alot of fun. :)
Since i got a new ISP i cant play daoc anymore atleast not on the german servers and thats where my guild is, kinda sux not to be able to daoc, it's still the best game out there for me but wont really be bothered to play with 5k ping. :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
? :D been playing wow now for almost 5 months so.... dont have any plans on quitting, got a good guild, raiding high end instances and it's actually alot of fun. :)
Since i got a new ISP i cant play daoc anymore atleast not on the german servers and thats where my guild is, kinda sux not to be able to daoc, it's still the best game out there for me but wont really be bothered to play with 5k ping. :(

I mean, i had same taste of fresh air as you when i reopened my WoW account. But it can't last that much for my personal liking, i can take just as much instances as one normal person can.
It gets boring after a while, for me at least :eek:

Kinag

Part of the furniture

Need a resto druid in a month? :p

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Of AoC instead of WAR.

I would respect your opinion, only if you actually played both games when they are ready.
Ι did read the opinion of some journalists in PC Master who played war and aoc beta.
They were very pleased with war while they were very hesitant wit aoc.
but knowing you are gonna play aoc, its another reason not to play aoc at all
:drink:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
"Gaming magazine" and "journalist" doesn't fit. Most are simply bought/paid.

My sympathies lie with Funcom and not EA. I find the Conan setting more interesting too than once again Elves and Dwarfs. I like the fact that the game is 18+. Sadly, as Septina has already proven by just mentioning WoW in an AoC/Warhammer-thread, there will be people comparing that game to WoW, because they think (unlike Septina) that WoW is the mother of all games.

My buddy was very sceptical, especially after we played Tabula Rasa together and watched NCsoft fail the game, but it seems Funcom got their stuff together and that the game is worth buying.

We'll start in FH's noob guild I think and form our guild for end game PvP from there, interested players can stay in touch via here or visit us at Cry More - Index - aika promised to roll some OP 6-button class.

I've met some of the Funcom guys at the GC 2007 in Leipzig and they seemed very enthusiastic about their game - without talking crap like that one EA guy in all the Warhammer videos.

It seems that initial success is pre-programmed, from what I have been told, the pre-orders are in top 10 selling charts already in Germany (big gaming market) - let's see what will happen in the first 3 months of the game being live.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Need a resto druid in a month? :p

Actually in need of a balance druid right now for raiding.
Just move your ass over to Outland and apply to mah guild, in worst case you get invited on a 'friends' rank and if you're active enough you'll be promoted to member after a little while. :)

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
actually manisch, you can call the magazine subjective if you like, but they are certainly not paid.

low fantasy games have their toll after a while.

the game is might be adult rated, but even kids can order guns.

any new mmo game should be compared to wow, cause its the most successful atm.

you ppl to play with and against. and wow has the biggest player base to lure.

the big german gaming market actually gave dyvet a mighty blow.

i was in berlin for a few months and i saw the piles of aoc from april on the selves and they all were still there when i left before may.

and lastly, when it comes to business and making a mmogame , blizzard showed that money talks and bullshit walks

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
I would respect your opinion, only if you actually played both games when they are ready.
Ι did read the opinion of some journalists in PC Master who played war and aoc beta.
They were very pleased with war while they were very hesitant wit aoc.
but knowing you are gonna play aoc, its another reason not to play aoc at all

If u really like to play a bad WoW clone ( with WoW being a bad game to start with) ... be my guest.

Seems Mythic and GOA dont have trouble making a particular kind of peeps keep paying them, after all the fantastic game develepment and caddling support they have offered through the years.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
If u really like to play a bad WoW clone ( with WoW being a bad game to start with) ... be my guest.

Seems Mythic and GOA dont have trouble making a particular kind of peeps keep paying them, after all the fantastic game develepment and caddling support they have offered through the years.

Have to agree. If you read through posts at FH's DAoC RvR section, over 4 years, you will realize that Mythic/GoA haven't fixed any of the major issues the players have been "whining" about through all the years. They fixed ToA, but way too late.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
WoW was ok for a time not exactly challenging though and when you have done it once then its boring, virtually no end game :(

The pvp is pointless and dull and the pve is now far to easy and meaningless. any solo or small scale pve is totally unrewarding, nothing of value drops and its just a grind to be rewarded by more grind.

My WoW sub runs out on 17th (AoC live date) bloody good timing if you ask me :p

Won't be coming back to DAOC either, gave it the benefit of the doubt and resubbed for a month but its just one big add fest, even people who pretend to solo on one realm will quite happily add or zerg on you when playing another. fuck'um

AoC in a week, I hope that the idiots on dyvet (you know who you are) enjoy the next few months when the population drops to less than 20 :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Have to agree. If you read through posts at FH's DAoC RvR section, over 4 years, you will realize that Mythic/GoA haven't fixed any of the major issues the players have been "whining" about through all the years. They fixed ToA, but way too late.

Am afraid that's a bad habit of all developers, can't say that Blizzard fixed anything of the most game breaking issued they have also.
Can be that FunCom will show another approach on the matter ofc.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Will probably try both games, tho, i'll most likelt end up with the new WoW expansion when that hits, having too much fun in WoW atm even tho all i do is pve. :(

Shame on you and your blasphemy!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Can't believe this thread hasn't been moved or locked.. Has nothing to do with RvR nor daoc

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
actually manisch, you can call the magazine subjective if you like, but they are certainly not paid.

low fantasy games have their toll after a while.

the game is might be adult rated, but even kids can order guns.

any new mmo game should be compared to wow, cause its the most successful atm.

you ppl to play with and against. and wow has the biggest player base to lure.

the big german gaming market actually gave dyvet a mighty blow.

i was in berlin for a few months and i saw the piles of aoc from april on the selves and they all were still there when i left before may.

and lastly, when it comes to business and making a mmogame , blizzard showed that money talks and bullshit walks

Shit is successful too, millions of flies eat it, they can't be mistaken.

Don't assume everyone has your taste or wants to compete for shit with you please.

The Blizzard arugment is so dead, they're part of a big company now, last good game they did in my books was Diablo 2 and I doubt that any of the original developers is still around.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree. If you read through posts at FH's DAoC RvR section, over 4 years, you will realize that a small company like Mythic/GoA haven't fixed any of the major issues the players have been "whining" about through all the years. They fixed ToA, but way too late.

i don't think funcon is much bigger and they will struggle to finish the game, fix bugs, balance classes and other stuff while they try to offer more.

lotro was another big disappointment from a relative bigger company with many successes in gaming

i tend to agree with raven, but i think blizzard has more resources to lead the market.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Shit is successful too, millions of flies eat it, they can't be mistaken.

Don't assume everyone has your taste or wants to compete for shit with you please.

The Blizzard arugment is so dead, they're part of a big company now, last good game they did in my books was Diablo 2 and I doubt that any of the original developers is still around.

i know only germans compete for shit, cause they think it brings good luck
and when you were talking about big gaming market in germany, did your mean big shit market?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
i don't think funcon is much bigger and they will struggle to finish the game, fix bugs, balance classes and other stuff while they try to offer more.

lotro was another big disappointment from a relative bigger company with many successes in gaming

i tend to agree with raven, but i think blizzard has more resources to lead the market.

Aeh? I don't care it it's a 10 men studio or 300 people behind a game, I care about the product. And lots of developers or a much money doesn't make automaticly a good product.

First you fubar my quote by inserting random stuff in there and then you use it for comparisons, why don't you just start a dialogue with yourself? :p

Mythic utterly failed at addressing common issues, I don't have any experience with Funcom so I am inclined to try a Funcom release. I'll rather make a bad experience with yet another company then the 2nd bad experience with Mythic. Being EA now and still sticking with GoA isn't exactly a plus either.

You know, GoA is that kind of company that will force you to get in line at a booth even though there is no one there to get in line but you. They don't give a shit about what customers think about their product and their service.

I only briefly tried LotRO, for me it looked like a good game, but I think that the market is saturated with with similar type games, AoC is advertised as the most brutal and sexy MMO ever, it aims for a different market segment than your Blizzard is leading.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
i know only germans compete for shit, cause they think it brings good luck
and when you were talking about big gaming market in germany, did your mean big shit market?

Not sure what you're trying to bring across, Germany is the biggest European market for video games, being there in top 10 charts for sales is a good indication for the success of a game, though it's no indication about the quality of the game and the long term success. At least you can find the boxes there, I think you will have a hard time finding DAoC :p.

I stopped reading gaming magazines good 10 years ago, I don't know what they're needed for beside of hyping shit prodcuts or doing some theorycraft about best CPU fan where about almost every type will do it. I can download betas or trial versions of most games myself and try them out.

I don't know why you started even the competition argument in context with WoW, it has to be some bad joke.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Of AoC instead of WAR.

no war for me for sure, dont like graph and it has no stealthers.

as for conan...we'll see. alot of old BC go there - will listen to what ppl say.

RL>all, i've become a casual gamer now hehe :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
well, I preordered AoC, gonna play some easymode 6 button char thats insanely OP prolly :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yep, early access on Saturday...though can only get your rhino or mammoth mount on the all access day

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Of AoC instead of WAR.

Will give AoC a try definitly - the game intrigues me a lot more than WAR, which to be honest i got bored of in beta...

Still trying to save money for new comp 1st though so won't be trying it at release...more like couple of months down the line - gives time to read some of the feedback on the game that way too :)

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
I like the fact that the game is 18+. Sadly, as Septina has already proven by just mentioning WoW in an AoC/Warhammer-thread, there will be people comparing that game to WoW, because they think (unlike Septina) that WoW is the mother of all games.

Very true mate, i know many people who have jumped on the WoW band wagon never having played an MmO in the past and they thought it was the be all and end all of online gaming, to the point that they wouldn't even watch me play other games, stating they are 'old' and 'outdated' and 'couldn't possibly match up to WoW'.

Personally i found WoW interesting for a short while, managed to get a stealther in the BG's and did fairly well, got a lok to 50 and just simply got bored, i like to have options when leveling, sometimes i like to grind in groups, sometimes i like to just take time out alone and grind by myself, and sometimes i like to quest.

I most certainly don't want to do constant quest after quest after quest, especially since a majority of them are 'go here, kill X amount of X' quests. Then there's very little character customization in what equipment you use, if you want to be competitive on any level then there are certain armors and weapons everyone gets, you end up feeling like just one more clone.

I'm going to give both a try when they come out and see how it goes, WaR seems to be winning for me atm though because despite me not being that great a PvP'er i do enjoy it from time to time and the PvP in WaR seems to be closer to how DAoC is.

Neither of them could compare to my feelings about DAoC though.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Btw... maybe the peeps that are gonna try AoC ... we can maybe talk to go on the same server.

My m8 that preordered is DLing atm... Saturday we log on on his account.. if it seems decent and good through personal xp playing... the friends and I will buy online lincences and start the rampage.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Btw... maybe the peeps that are gonna try AoC ... we can maybe talk to go on the same server.

My m8 that preordered is DLing atm... Saturday we log on on his account.. if it seems decent and good through personal xp playing... the friends and I will buy online lincences and start the rampage.

You should check the AoC forum on FH, over 40 people already want to start in the same noob guild on the same server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom