Who is right and who is wrong here?

A

arm_of_tda

Firstly, I agree with the general opinion, the crafter was wrong here and has reneged on a verbal agreement. When a price is agreed then there is no reason whatsoever that the buyer should pay more (except of course for a tip, which is entirely voluntary ofc)

But I think that there is another side that is often ignored here. As an Armourcrafter of Hibernia I have often recieved requests for armour (sometimes when I have replied to a /b ask) only to be told that the buyer "no longer needs the item(s)" once I have made it. I could put a long list here but that is hardly fair.

What she should have done is offered the 99% at a premium price, but maybe have another suit to give you should you rightly not want to pay the additional cost.

However, I must admit that had I been in her position then the quality would be a moot issue, except I loathe giving out anything below 97% generally and 98% to <lvl 30, but thats cos I'm a softy :)

A

Ala

Agree on a deal, stick to the deal.

Good on you for turning down the armor, shame on them for hassling you about it.

Name and shame imo.

D

drummer

I felt like a jerk when i didn't tip my Acer ( Hi Lekkus) cause i had like 3 gold left when i payed set price.....:(
(Totally off-topic)

C

cattebrie

yeah you were right crafter was wrong

if i make someone a staff/bow and they ask for 99% and they get an mp i dont charge extra at all.
i too hate giving out low quality stuff if i am asked for a first try bow and its <97% i always make 1 more just to see if its better but always charge the set original price

R

Racketeer

Greetings

Well if you agreed on a rice beforehand, that price should stand. Thats the normal procedure in business IRL and its practical to use it in game aswell. The probability of getting all 99q's on a random set is so small that its more likely the crafter allready had a pre-made set that he/she couldnt sell and wanted the vaultspace back.

Generally when you buy armor there are the following common ways of agreeing on a price:

Pay-per-try: The crafter notes how many tries it takes to make a certain item and charges the final amount based on that. This makes the price vary from either very cheap on 1 try to expensive if it takes many tries, this approach is safe for the crafter and the buyer takes the risk/chance of either a good or a bad price.

Fixed price: The crafter is willing to risk abit of own capital for the chance of making a good profit, also safe for the buyer since said price will stand even if the crafter is unlucky. If the crafter gets the required item on few tries his profit will be good, but if he is unlucky he/she might also make a loss.

As you can see the 2 approaches are really only the two sides of the same coin.

If you are buying a set of equipment allways ask what pricing stategy the crafter uses beforehand so no missunderstandings occur. Another tip for new players who wants 99q items is to go to the main crafting city (Hagall in Midgard SI) and ask there. Usually the talented crafers who make MP orders save some 99q items and are willing to sell them much cheaper than normal price for such equipment.

with regards
Rage - Legends of Midgard

O

oblivion_6

tbh cant see why she didnt keep th 99% set and make u another

if it was me buyin the goods i would defo give her a decent sized tip coz of the 99%

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom