Who is right and who is wrong here?

E

elewyth

Today i ordered a full set of RANDOM Quality Studded Armor for my new Druid..so i spammed WTB Full Set Random Quality Studded Armor AFxx...(i forget the AF factor!!)

A crafter pm's me to say she can do the work (im not naming her)
I pm back asking for a fixed price (seeing as it was Random Qual)
she VERY KINDLY offers to do it a cost price..i.e only the materials..
so 3 mins passes and she pm's me and says its ready to pick up.. i happily skip along to collect my goodies,turns out i got HYPER lucky and it was all 99% qual gear.. she places the items in trade and i add the money...i wait...and wait..i pm thinking she went AFK..i said;

"i put the money in? u ready to trade?"
she says,
"ummm thats a full 99% set...it costs more.."
so i think what?? i asked for Random Quality and i got lucky... you didnt have to retry any piece..surely our original price stands...
so i pm back,
"ummm we agreed a price..i asked for a random qual set...i admit i got lucky with the quality but an agreement is an agreement?"
she then pm's back,
"yes but 99% is worth more, you need to pay xxx amount"
so i send,
"so you wont hold to our original price?"
she says, "no, please add xxx amount"
i send, "forget it...we agreed price for random qual set..i wont pay more than we agreed.."
she then sets about calling me a timewaster and a fucking retard and that she will shit list me with all the crafters in her alliance.. and that ill never get anything crafted again...

Umm please help me out here..am i being unreasonable? i asked for Random we agreed price...i admit i got HYPEr lucky...i was going to add a small tip even before i knew about the quality.. i always tip well to crafters that do cost price..but this i feel was down right nasty and greedy...i understand it takes time to craft and a lot of money to get high..but surely a deal is a deal..there were no retries needed..? so whos right here?

N

nume

believe you were in the right for what its worth

Originally posted by elewyth
she then sets about calling me a timewaster and a fucking retard and that she will shit list me with all the crafters in her alliance.. and that ill never get anything crafted again...]

well if they talk and behave like that hopefully the other crafters in whichever alliance it is won't give her rants much credence.
Just ignore it, the crafter should learn it is possible to have an argument without resorting to abuse & threats, it's all part of growing out of the playground

anyway i digress :rolleyes: :)

S

Silenzio

so u think
so she did

so, buy it somwhere else :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Aoami
You were right, she was wrong.

She cant name a price then up it simply because the final result was better than expected.

Disgrace to crafters everywhere, name-and-shame imo, players have a right to know about sheister's like this person.

R

Ravenbourne

Reminds me of a crafter that made my ranger a set of level 40 armour but for different reasons, i asked for a full set of 99% qual, when the crafter put it in the trade window there was 2 MP parts, i said 2 of these are MP, the crafter said "You got Lucky, price stands"

B

bob007

Originally posted by Aoami
You were right, she was wrong.

/b What, We agreed on a fixed price for random qual and when it comes out 99% you want to whack that price up <crafters name>

/b Oops mt :)

D

dracus

Lousy attitude tbh...u were right etc...

she should have had ½ a brain and just made u a new set if she wanted to keep/get more for the 99% stuff...

/Dracus

P

pitspawn

Agreed.

He/she quoted you a price before building, that price should stay no matter what the circumstances. When you pay for MP/99% you pay for the potential time expenses rather than the cost it took to make them. They took no retries to get it right so why up the price?

Personally i think he/she is very lucky that your such a nice guy and havent mentioned their name. It is him/her that is out of order not you.

D

deerstalker

She was definatly wrong..

The retries is what costs money.

When ever I do an order I ask for Minimum % and maximum cost.

So first thing to do is make a full set.

Chest 99%
Legs 94%
Arms 95%
Gloves 97%
Hat 100%
Boots 99%

If the customer wants. 99% ( or better ) and is willing to pay up to 500g

I remake the lowest % till I get better than the next lowest.

If I Fail to make the suit within the customers price range they get it at cost price.

If I manage to make the % then I add my 10% / 20% mark up to the material costs.

if you get 6mp's first try.. you still pay costprice + markup :D

DS

A

asorek

i aint gonna add no-ones name, but i will mention it on the sly to her guildmaster... i didnt think i was being unreasonable.. still made me take up AC myself...meh i know not all crafters are bad..but this left a sour taste.

K

kirennia

She was in the wrong. I still remember making a suit for a friend of mine, was random quality but ended up with 3 MP pieces and 3 99% pieces. I kept to the original deal, as would any other half decent person.

G

greenfingers

what was the crafter's name?

I´ll make sure I don't order anything from her !

W

Whisperess

If she wanted a higher price - then she could've kept that set and made new ones for you.

Then it's not 'random' qua, but she can be greedy without you knowing about it ;)

You were right, she was wrong. A deal is a deal.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by bob007
/b What, We agreed on a fixed price for random qual and when it comes out 99% you want to whack that price up <crafters name>

/b Oops mt :)

what he said

K

Kallio

It would´ve been different ofc if you had ORDERED a 99% qual armor. And one of the items turns out to be MP, so in that situation I think the crater can:

1) Make a new 99% piece (Without telling the customer, and since the customer doesnt know a problem like this cant exist)

2) Say that:"One of em Turned out to be MP, could you pay a bit more since a MP is much more valuable than a 99%"

But yes, you were right and she was wrong. :)

N

nerve

While I think the crafter handled this very poorly, I'd like to say the following in her defense: did it ever occur to you to tip her ? No, what you did is put the EXACT amount of money in the trade window, even when you know she did it at COSTprice without markup. What do you do when this favour turns out to be an extra special one by being all 99%: being cheap. I've run into similar situations in the past (customers asking for 99% and getting MP at 99% price, without them tipping) and tbh, this kind of cheap behaviour may help you to become an asshole as a crafter.

2 sides to every story methinks (btw, I don't know who you're talking about, and I don't need to know either).

Bye.

A

asorek

Originally posted by elewyth
...i was going to add a small tip even before i knew about the quality.. i always tip well to crafters that do cost price..

perhaps you didnt read my orignal post so ill quote it for you.....

im not a tightfist,,i ALWAYS add extra for cost makers!!

L

lekkus

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
Reminds me of a crafter that made my ranger a set of level 40 armour but for different reasons, i asked for a full set of 99% qual, when the crafter put it in the trade window there was 2 MP parts, i said 2 of these are MP, the crafter said "You got Lucky, price stands"

:D that was me and if I wouldnt have retired that would have been a customer who would happily order with me again at 50, I guess :)...you can pay him the same curtsey and tell your guild what happened and they won't order from that person again :) .

And about tips...tips arent a must...it doesnt make you an *ssh*le either if you don't give any. Just don't craft for costprice if you get upset about getting a tip or not.

R

rayzor_e_w

Originally posted by Demolay
U ever go clubbing down the Bomb Rayzor? :)

no time!
got too many things to slay, chain to make, suits to spellcraft! ;)

bit old for that these days :(

N

nerve

Re: Re: Who is right and who is wrong here?

Originally posted by asorek
perhaps you didnt read my orignal post so ill quote it for you.....

im not a tightfist,,i ALWAYS add extra for cost makers!!

Hmm ok soz then, although that wasn't quite clear to me as first you said 'I put in the money' and at the end something like 'I was going to put in an extra tip'. That sounded like an intention you didn't follow suit upon, hence my confusion.

Oh well, bygones I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom