Who ever played legend of mir?

O

old.Xanthian

My Minstrel alt is in TDS and I remember a few ppl :)
But only 1 springs to mind atm :p
ChoppyCC

S

squalion

hmm, should i say who i was from mir :p lol

left when i lost 200mil+ :-/

34 Tao, game was crap compared to this :/

K

Keri

Originally posted by darbey
Hehe Lord Nikon lives only couple of miles away from me in rl , hes a club dj , Still plays mir i think under various aliases.

OMG Eranu!! I didn't know you were from that area too! I grew up in the NE. Knew you on Phoenix too ... Runesol.

O

old.acoan

hehe,1st time ive read daoc forums for ages and my past mpg life comes back to haunt me ( i was guinty1 btw),as for mir dont even bother ..its finished coz of cheaters (and toobad,cubass and me ect didnt cheat we sort of borrowed a gm for a week *cough* ),anyway !! is daoc worth coming back for in S.I. ? coz ive been away for ages...well ty and *waves*

O

old.Xanthian

O M G

Guinty!!!!
Yes, SI is very good, get it and come back :D

Roll a char on Excal/Hib :D

P

-primax-

I played LoM from way back in Beta

Had 2 lvl 29 chars on Dragon DannyC/Warrior and PrinceOfDeath/Tao. Both in TheBrotherhood.

Had some real good times on LoM but had a load of bad ones.

The best, was the "Mother of All Patches" due to be released Dec 2001, that got blown out alltogether cos the made Myth of Soma instead.

DAoC is by far better in every way.

M

Masumori

Played Myth of Soma which is made by Games Network as well, it was alright, i'm waiting for my copy of DAoC, i'm really looking forward to it!

A

Arakasi01

played it for about 10 seconds, then i threw up and did something else ;)

S

Spudgie

Played for a year + half on Dragon, Level 31 Warrior "Spudgie" in The Dark Messiahs

A

Arwen

Yup was the worst spent years of my life. Took me about 18 months playing 8 hours a day to make level 40, woohoo, it did however have the best community ever and the crappest staff all in one bundle =)

D

darbey

Originally posted by Keri
OMG Eranu!! I didn't know you were from that area too! I grew up in the NE. Knew you on Phoenix too ... Runesol.

Hehe small world 8)

G

Graknak

LoM=Camlann but even worse.
Game was fun until there where several guilds "claiming" all the good spots and if you disagreed, well you had 4 knifes in yer back before you knew it. And the usual "i'm 1337 so i kill lowbies ppl", you couldn't get out of town without going out as a zerg of newbs hoping 1 or 2 would make it.. only real safe place was Bichon Wall, but thats about it.

B

Bleri McThrust

LOM had great chat system :)

It also had awesome Customer Service :puke: which is the reason Ive never complained about GoA's service or patch delays.

S

Solarius

Hehe i remember LOM - some good moments, some bad :(

Was a 27th mage called (surprise) Solarius, The guild I'm in on DAoC was originally made up of the players of LOM from Divinity.

Guess the worst part of Mir was the grind - 360xp for a BEB, and they took like 8+ lightning bolts to kill :puke:

Finally left lom for DAoC open beta when Laoman pk'ed Chalice, causing her to lose two spiritrings that the guild had sold an mc0-2 luck +1 Dragonsword for (amongst other things, ofc). Pissed the whole guild off, so many of us decided to leave the game, and my bro (Dreamshadow in LOM) told me about DAoC.

W

What HingeMaker

Its like being at a Support Group..

I played Mir, I couldnt help it :D

My character was Harrypotter (before the first film) member of The Dragon Senate

Anyone remember the 24 hours queue we used to have to go through to get into the Zuma Warriors room. Guild had to take 2 - 4 shifts queueing.

Its still going, still laggy, some of the people who where there before DAOC beta are still there.

Toobad and Cubass getting the GM account details, well she did give her details to them. How lame. Could you imagine Kemore doing the same, but then, Kemore is a GOA employee and not a volunteer from the game.

A

Azal

Got a Wiz to lvl 36..it was fun to start with but damn did it get tiresome. Same name as here

C

Cstasy

Rofl any1 remember that new dungeon which tried to get the game back on track .. something like Secret Caves, was in the lover levels of bug caves and it would only be open on Weekends or something .. and only let a certain number of ppl in at one time, Lame.

Got a wiz to level 32 then asked myself why i was playing the sodding game. Then after i got PK'd by some twat in Mud Wall called LaO_MaN or something, i dropped my ruby ring and my mage staff and i said fk it and left. \o/

A

Azal

Mystery Cave Lucias, heh that was fun sometimes in there

S

SevenSins

Everyone here basically says LoM sucks, but that's not it.

The game was fucking ace, the devs sucked cock.

Patches that were supposed to fix everything got pushed back, rather kicked back since I still don't think they patched it for almost what, 2 years now? =/

Corrupt GM's, Marelin (sp?) handing her pass to Brdude or whatever, then they no longer allowed the GM's to spawn mobs on request, which was a big fun part of the game.

The game rocks, the devs fucked it up. Sure leveling became hard as hell, but that was the only way to draw some respect of people, or the 1st person with the judgement mace you went like, *WOW*.

But now with the new glitches, and eternal waiting for a patch, mir has died.

It could be revived if the project was handed over, expanded, with maybe a total new charbase, but I won't trust WeMade with LoM, nor LoM2. fuck them.

But if seriously some well trusted company would work on this game, basically revive it, or buy it, or whatever (hell even GOA could do a good job here), I would go back to mir.

Just my 2 cents really, it was a class game, just fucked over by the company that ran it.

J

Jupitus

Best thing about Mir?

Godfather and David Bowie.

Class guys, both of them.

Bowie's here in DAOC somewhere, so say hi from me if you see him. As for Godfather, who knows?

From the Mir boards, Archeon and Kristel leap to mind. Hey Arch - remember how Kristel's Taoist thread haunted you?

<sighs>

Happy days.

M

M® Zîllâ

hehe good old mir spent many a night in serpent vally mines bashing the crap out of zombies and killing the odd brave pker
that wanted to try his/her luck

Bactus lvl3X warrior Retierd
Shotgun lvl27 wiz Retierd

D

dracus

Ahhhhhh....those were the days...well not really >_< it sucked in a big way ;) Had a L31 warrior(Poseidon) in HoG(Hands of God).

But left almost immediately DAoC became open beta :)

/Dracus

[edit] i remember the good ol days, when tselakus was the only one killin ET's(evil tongs) in...umm forgot the name of the dungeon. Anyone remember?[edit]

M

M® Zîllâ

i think it was called bug cave lol the spawns in there where a wizs worst nightmare + loads of pkers like z3ro/laoman/queenuk or something + loads more.
God mir sucked but it was just so damn adictive 4 some unexplainable reason :)

D

Demolay

What about Lord Iron Fist and his legendary mines carnage??

Lotsa peeps I know here from MIR - Axiom Knights guild (Malok Elia Doozer Kurg) Dazzler (Vulcan) Seerkind Goldgenie Cyberlord (Barakus) etc etc

Most were in HOG b4 they started Axiom Knights

P.S. got a LOM server hiding around sumwhere if any1 wants a revisited lol

R

Riddler

Originally posted by Demolay
P.S. got a LOM server hiding around sumwhere if any1 wants a revisited lol

lol yeah giv giv, please :D

best moments in mir must have been the big wars against the koreans in beta

was like, u fucked with one of em inside a shop, full scale war!

the originaly ZT room was nice, mystery cave was fun (watch out for the deer!!!11), ZT maze was a cunt until the route was learned lol

got my tao Oizon to 27 and warr Dominius to 25 before i gave up, spent most my time in mud wall/bichon wall chatting so :p

btw, anyone know where Joshua from The Undecided went? (mr item-whore), was a funny guy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom