Who ever played legend of mir?

T

trailblazer

I played it for a while. It was ok, but the lag got too much for me to take. In terms of lag, DAOC wins hands down, at least from when I played it.
Mir doesnt have the sense of community DAOC has, nor does it have the graphics to support it. Although, the graphics of Mir were better than other games in that genre. It's a nice change of pace for a couple of weeks, but I doubt most would play it longer than that. DAOC has many more things going for it.

K

kain_pravus

If you’ve played DAoC, you’re not going to be able to play this… I started with Mir when it was in beta (and not too bad). It’s basically a chat room with added mini game.

It’s very simplistic, has extremely limited content, repetitive like you wouldn’t believe… And it’s also on the verge of dying. The game designer are suing the people running it, seems they kind of haven’t paid yet lol.

Stay well clear!

O

old.Xanthian

I played for about a year, got to lvl 31 :)
Was in The Inner Circle, TheUndecided & True Family :p

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Xanthian

... Abraham? Is it you??:)

T

tris-

played mir in beta and took me a fucking age to make even level 20. if you like things to last a very long time and dont mind people stealing all your stuff when your dead and dont mind random PKs from 10 people then its a great game.

O

old.Xanthian

Nope not Abe ;)

was called Xanneh, Warrior ;)

O

old.Psi

I had a lvl 30 in Elite on Phoenix.

Mir is nothing compared to DAOC though :p

D

deffy

It would have been an amazing game....if it was released 20 years ago ;)
It looked (and played) dated when it came out in beta and frankly I have no idea what sort of person actually paid money to play it when there were far superiour games out at the time, even diablo 1 is better than this and thats free to play. I've played almost every mmorpg out there and they all fall a long way short of daoc mainly on the following points:
A) daoc has very low downtime and xp-to-lastlvl time compared to these other games (I've seen some of you complaining about xp time on here, go play everquest for a bit and you'll never say a bad word about daoc xp again ;)) of course this is mainly due to RVR being the endgame which brings me to my next point...
b) RVR, it's not perfect by any means but having 3 sides agianst each other makes battles much more intresting than one other side or no other side at all, theres nothing like trying to take a mid keep whilst fighting the hibs off from behind :)
c) Styles, more intresting for some classes than others(ie some just use taunt all the time), but much better than just turning on attack and sitting back to watch you or the mob die.
d) fast battles, some other mmorpg's seem like there designed for old age pensioners, don't get me wrong I don't think this is quake but I'm not supposed to fall asleep while playing a game, it's ment to be engaging ;)

G

-gama-

I played it from a bit after beta started, til the whole 'actualy you wont be getting the december patch this december (or next december either) fiasco....

I wonder what bacame of Lord Cummings :p

L

Lafala Arifel

Hehe, Lord Cummings! The lamest of board trolls :D. Managed to wind up a lot of people though... I'm not sure he even played the game (so perhaps he did a small amount of sense after all).

But yeah, Mir was a bit of a laugh, though as already stated, it was really nothing more than a chat room with (bad) graphics :)

I had a level 28 taoist in House of Keylah *ducks the rotten vegetables thrown at her* and later Ascendant Angels...

G

-gama-

oooh ooh, more public enemies come to mind... cavalarie emplar (sp) and mapo (NO ENGLISH!!!1) :)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Lafala Arifel
Hehe, Lord Cummings! The lamest of board trolls :D. Managed to wind up a lot of people though... I'm not sure he even played the game (so perhaps he did a small amount of sense after all).

WHAT! LORD CUMMINGS WAS THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO MIR, HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!

D

darbey

I pld Mir also , Name was Eranu, Sil and Killjuminati. Guilded with The Inner Circle, Kindred Spirits.
Was fun at the start if visually a little bland but i shudder to think what its like now.

B

Bigade

played it too,had a lvl 31 warrior and was in guild The Undecided. Quit the stupid game when my GuildMaster got caught cheating(hacking items, spawning bossmobs in newbie towns etc).

My advice- stay away from the game

O

old.Xanthian

Toobad and Cubass never "hacked items" :p

Benin, gained access to Malerin's (GM) account and they used it for a while.
And killed lots of bosses and got loads of drops.

Cubass plays DAoC too ;) lvl 50 SM on Mid/Excal

O

old.Elfslayer

Ahhhh mir.......... I was in The Inner Circle too, same name character lvl 32 Toe, also Treebeard in Daoc was Gandalf, Therg also and many more. The main thing I remember about that game was the stupid lag. Was fun tho....

K

Keri

I had a 26 Wiz on Phoenix. Whatever happened to LordNikoN?

O

old.Xanthian

Archeon :
Wasnt you a mod on the foums at some point , then u spammed them because you couldnt get your own way with something ? And subsequently got banned from them ?

O

Oldbone O

Toobad, remember he had a neet axe.

Didnt have a high lvl there 24-25 warr, most of the time I spend in the mines singing with my friend and farming gold.

I played in Titans and The Forgotten on Pheonix.

V

vladamyr

I remember so much from Mir :D
At the time it was good but after constant delays with patches, people cheating hacking everythign thats bad it just became a bore.

I was in Mir from Day1 and got my warrior to lv 36 in the end. I left just after the whole Toobad and Cubass thing happend. To clear it up this is the story. They got a GMs account and spawned aload of strong monsters with well cool drops they then used the drops for themselves and the guild and finnally got caught and chars deleted. I know they get alot of stick BUT if u had access to a GM account i bet you would try something to ake advantage of it.. Its human nature :p

Compared with DAoC mir is nothing. Bad graphics bad community bad support and its on the verge of dying. Most old people either went to DAoC beta and made a guild called Strength and Honour (remember Archy?) then when DAoC went release people went there seperate ways. If ure looking for something like mir and dont wana play DAoC i suggest u try The Myth of Soma which is basicly a 'good' mir copy (www.mythofsoma.net).

But i still think DAoC is far far superior to both of them.

My in game name in Mir was ShadowKnight. I was in alot of guilds including the first ever guild Digital Devil. I do have alot of good memories of that game but there are more bad memories thn
good ones.

PS
I remember that incident with Archeon. Back on the Mir forums he had liek a post count of 3000+. Then they pissed him of and he left a huge mess on there forums spamming topics etc.

So just a warning BW dont piss Archeon off :p

A

Archeon

Archeon :
Wasnt you a mod on the foums at some point , then u spammed them because you couldnt get your own way with something ? And subsequently got banned from them ?

Not quite the way i remeber it, i wasn't a mod but i did spam the forum out of protest as Wemade constantly fucking arround with people in regards to SI (Still feeling bad about that, poor Legz had to delete each post individually :( )

D

darbey

Originally posted by Keri
I had a 26 Wiz on Phoenix. Whatever happened to LordNikoN?

Hehe Lord Nikon lives only couple of miles away from me in rl , hes a club dj , Still plays mir i think under various aliases.

O

old.Kladen

i played it too. my name was charnira was head of "realm of chaos" then when that disbanded when prices came in, i wandered from guild to guild and then settled into sentinals. had a level 26 taoist,

game sucked ass, was basically a chatroom with pretty graphics, nothing to do in the game sep go solo in ST,BC OR Zuma. exping was really slow, pking wasnt too bad coz you could just run away.

it was just daoc in 2D and much more limiting and exping was 10 times as hard.

i remember toobad for his big trunk.....

O

old.Kladen

Originally posted by fuse_alb
Toobad, remember he had a neet axe.

Didnt have a high lvl there 24-25 warr, most of the time I spend in the mines singing with my friend and farming gold.

I played in Titans and The Forgotten on Pheonix.

did the forgotten start on a forum? and was teh guild leader baggins?

O

old.Garax

I played Mir on Dragon sever since beta until i quit, had a 37 warrior in the end called Eazy who was pretty well kitted out :p

Was a member of TheInnerCircle, then Heavens Guardians, then TheUndecided and final ended up as one of the guild masters of TrueFamily with BoomBoom (who also plays DAoC now sometimes).

All i can say is thank fuck i started DAoC... Mir is a crap excuse for a chat program with shitty 2d graphics :D

O

omi

The Dragon Senate guild as it is now in DAoC was founded in LoM on the Dragon Server!

A few of us played DAoC beta and then founded TDS there.

I decided to take a break from MMORPGs after DAoC Beta and have only been back in TDS since Dec 02.

I wont name names just in case they want to remain anonymous but you'll find a fair few ex-LoM players in TDS ;)

O

old.Kladen

Originally posted by old.Garax
I played Mir on Dragon sever since beta until i quit, had a 37 warrior in the end called Eazy who was pretty well kitted out :p

Was a member of TheInnerCircle, then Heavens Guardians, then TheUndecided and final ended up as one of the guild masters of TrueFamily with BoomBoom (who also plays DAoC now sometimes).

All i can say is thank fuck i started DAoC... Mir is a crap excuse for a chat program with shitty 2d graphics :D

agh i remember you i think, the first person to get a fireball ring and you started firing level 1 fireballs at people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom