Who do you support?

M

mank!

Dunno how many of us here are footy fans but anyway, what team do you support and why?

I support Swindon Town, despite the fact I live slap bang in the middle of Oxfordshire. My Dad has been a fan for 40 odd years and he started taking me along to matches as soon as I was old enough. He also attended every match of our infamous Premiership season where he was in the directors box for all of the matches, home and away. The benefits of knowing the chairman of the club at the time :)

I stopped going for a few seasons, after 97/98 but I started going again towards the end of last season and have now been to practically every home game, I missed one because I was so ill after being out the night before.

I also named my cat Digby after former Town keeper Fraser Digby who is now playing at Kidderminster Harriers after leaving QPR earlier this season. The man is a legend and I have met him on many occasions, each time reminding him I have a cat named after him :)

I don't really support any other teams as such, but I tend to keep an eye on Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

The teams I hate.. well. Oxford are probably number one :)

Anyway, who do you support if anyone? And please, don't ruin the thread with "FOOTBALL SI GHEY!!!!1" posts ta.

X

xane

West Ham, next seasons first division champions :(

S

S-Gray

Everton.

Started out as a young blue, Uncle took me to some matches, liked em ever since.

I went to Liverpool during their FA Cup win in 1995 when they Toured the city, i went to most of the places to follow em.

Also, i live on the same road as the Widnes Vikings Rugby Stadium, every few weeks Everton Reserves play there, last time i went tho was sometime last year, i even got a glimpse of the very young Wayne Rooney when he was playing in the Reserves whoo! :clap:

M

mank!

Originally posted by xane
West Ham, next seasons first division champions :(

I like West Ham, personally I hope they don't go down. I think it's looking more and more inveitable though :/

Originally posted by the-frizz
Southampton.

Playing as them on Champ Man atm, just won the Premiership :p

S

(Shovel)

Nottingham Forest.

Kinda lost interest of late, I'm aware that we're doing alright atm, but I haven't looked at the league table for weeks.

D

doh_boy

Manchester United.

Due to being half-irish and my dad bringing me to a match and buying the shirts at a young age.

:)

M

mank!

I'm half Irish and don't support Man Utd :/

S

Scouse

Due to being half-irish and my dad bringing me to a match and buying the shirts at a young age.

You'd HAVE to be half-something to support the scum. :mgwhore:

Myself? The mighty LIVERPOOL :bazbeer: :great:

[who else?!]

O

old.?

I live in Manchesyer but I surprisingly don't support City or United.

I support Aberdeen and the only reason I can think of is that my brother bought me an Aberdeen shirt when I was a baby. I go to about 5 matches every season as it's a 9 hour drive away from Manchester.

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by Scouse

You'd HAVE to be half-something to support the scum. :mgwhore:

Myself? The mighty LIVERPOOL :bazbeer: :great:

[who else?!]

Tranmere ;)

S

Scouse

I kinda secondarily support Tranmere - I always like to see them doing well.... 'cept when they play us :)

J

Johnny Bravo

<--- Tottenham Supporter :D

When I was a nipper they were my local *big* team (well leyton Orient were slightly closer), and my old man supprted them too.

As a teenager I went reguarly, and even worked over there for a few seasons. Been to Wembley 3 times to see em win the FA cup and spent one season going to every single game.

Unfortunately I grew up and have now got grown up debts, so with them being a premiership team and charging premiership prices I only get to go a few times a year :(

A sleeping giant waiting for giant sized alarm clock to ring and see us back near the top where we belong.......We do play pretty football though :D :D

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by mank!
I'm half Irish and don't support Man Utd :/

I'm from manchester...which I assumed you'd know from the thingy under my avatar.

In manchester most irish(and decendants) support united. In liverpool most support liverpool. I have no idea why but they just seem to. (Also in scotland pretty much every irishman supports celtic,)

M

mank!

Spurs are managed by the mighty Glenn Hoddle, so that's ok by me!

K

Kempo

i suppose it would be aberdeen as i have lived there all my life (until i left for uni in the summer :)) also like to watch man utd when they are on the telly coz they play great football :)

J

Johnny Bravo

Originally posted by mank!
Spurs are managed by the mighty Glenn Hoddle, so that's ok by me!

Or GOD as we call him :D

I grew up watching him play and its a tragedy he didn't get to do more for England. I went to Keith Burkinshaws Testimonial (showing my age now) and both Hoddle and Maradonna were in the same team. Its was amazing watching the two of them work their magic on the ball :D

IMHO he got anhiliated as England manager and wasnt really given a proper chance.....I would love to see him backed by some money at Tottenham and allow him to rebuild a complete team of his own :D

M

mank!

I think any Swindon fan would tell you that Hoddle did wonders at the club, it's such a pity he left for Chelsea just before the season started. Gorman didn't do too badly, considering. We played good football, and managed to hold our own against teams like Man Utd.

Still, Chelsea getting Hoddle for a tribunal fee of £50,000 is a crime :|

Y

~YuckFou~

I think I will need a support soon, does that count?

X

xane

Originally posted by doh_boy
(Also in scotland pretty much every irishman supports celtic,)

Depends on religion doesn't it ? From what I know there are quite a number of Northern Irish in scotland, after all, that is where they originally came from.

L

Lester

Originally posted by Tremor.
Live nowhere near but I support Leeds:(

We are the leeds
we are the leeds
we are
we are
we are the leeds

shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

You're getting sold in the mornin.

yeah me too :(

S

Scouse

In manchester most irish(and decendants) support united. In liverpool most support liverpool. I have no idea why but they just seem to.

It's called supporting your local team.

Plus - you're talking crap about Man U - most of their supporters come from London.... :p

M

Munkey-

England - Manchester United
Wales - Wrexham A.F.C.
Scotland - Aberdeen F.C.

all local teams for me

C

caLLous

You live in the middle east. :/

And if I supported any team (which I don't really) it would be WBA. :)

Users who are viewing this thread