Whine.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
For a change I'm not whining about daoc, just the players, tbh, I used to whine like a right ass, I've been reminded plenty of times, but since I've gotten to know people on prydwen, I don't bother, I've realised Mythic are the ones who imbalance the game. Basically we got a pretty decent community on prydwen, after playing Exc for a bit, I've realised that our smaller, more close population is alot better, only problem is the fucking whine being generated, through elitist rvr pricks. Reading these forums since they were made, I've seen nothing on them but utter whine, even old mid friends. Not worth me naming names as I still have those friendships and have some value for them, always will. Everyones entitled to little bitch at someone, even I do it, but when it go's on to the extent other players are getting pissed off with hearing about it, it makes you wana leave the game, and shut yaself off from what used to be a great place to be. This entire post is 100% directed at #daoc.prydwen irc channel, and these forums. Every time someone loses a fight because of a realm ability, or dies because of dragon fang, dont blame the fucking players, blame mythic, its totally pointless logging into irc and saying shit like 'sos ftw' or 'died to another newbie df inf' - Mythic didnt balance RA's they went about it completely wrong, but they are being redone, about time imo - I've died in groups to all the main RA's I know how frustrating it is. The game is also about teaming, so a 'zerg' is gona happen, doesnt require being told about it, nobody gives a fucking shit about who wins a fight and why, why bother telling people? And another thing, I have respect for 3 players in this game I've seen as a 'good' players thats Azal, Loch(word) and Niar - this part of this post is directed at 2 people, I hope they dont miss it, and its not the names mentioned.

Biggest whine atm seems to be the amount of stealthers from albion grouping, gota agree myself its totally excessive, but not as if mids dont do it, I've been in the mid stealther groups fgs :p, totally pointless whining, what do you think your whine is gona do? Make them stop? cos they wont, or make them look stupid? no, because nobody cares -that- much, it makes you look a prick for whining like a ****.

Anyways basically, can we have the 'good' chats we once had in daoc.prydwen? used to be a laugh, and all the realms were pretty close at one point and the channel was pretty friendly. Basically, if you play the game, and hate it that much you HAVE to whine, then cancel your account, the games bringing you no happiness or amusement.

p.s sorry for the swearing, just frustration at the whining.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Derric has mad skillz also :eek:

Think hes gona kill someone.

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
S'what I missed the most tbh, the community.

Totally agree, it's just the few whiney lamers who spoil it. Unfortunately they spoil it to such a degree you sometimes forget about the nicer parts of the community.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I am sooooooo watching your posts Dook for Support Call fodder. :flame:

Already got Pudz.

MUHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

:D

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Roo I dont know what that means :p lol, PM please :*(

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
I am sooooooo watching your posts Dook for Support Call fodder. :flame:

Already got Pudz.

MUHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

:D

Awww...

Does this mean I have to be nice until you forget about me? ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
You know that bit in The Colour of Magic where a wizard realises he can only die if Death can get to him, so he surrounds himself with magical wards and protective spells, then locks himself inside a box thats supposed to be impenetrable by Death.

Then the next thing he hears is "DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?"

;)

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
You know that bit in The Colour of Magic where a wizard realises he can only die if Death can get to him, so he surrounds himself with magical wards and protective spells, then locks himself inside a box thats supposed to be impenetrable by Death.

Then the next thing he hears is "DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?"

;)

Been sitting here ages trying to think of an intelligent reply to that one to no avail...

So um... POKE!

:touch:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
hehe

Actually that Pratchett sequence always bugged me. Its a total rip-off of Chun the Unavoidable from Jack Vance's Dying Earth stories, even if he does tell it slightly better ;)

Anyway. Keep looking over your shoulder.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA(TM) :D

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Dont have IRC installed so couldnt care less what some twats say on it...

Umilard

Loyal Freddie
I have to agree, even tho i can whine at times aswell.. seriously, how fun is it to read a new thread about the same bitching between Maelstrom and Public enemies every day? :p

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Roo, do one about Damon please :p make sure hes really moody and abrupt, with the intention of being nice but always seeming to crack skulls ;)

also Umi ya hit the nail on the head, thats whats got me into thinking about all this, but I'd rather that the whole issue on irc would stop 100% its relaly annoying :l.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Damon_D said:
Dont have IRC installed so couldnt care less what some twats say on it...

Agreed xD

Fuck em tbh damon eh? :clap:

Good post pudz too by the way.

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho keeps sending messages through people on MSN and making them call me a nutter :<

And nobody respects me, im hurt :<

100% hurt!

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
<cough> Pudz made thread mate. Not like you to get it wrong, you must be tired :D

3 hours in Avalon city, yeah I'm tired.
Ok nice post whoever wrote this thing then!

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
Roo, do one about Damon please :p make sure hes really moody and abrupt, with the intention of being nice but always seeming to crack skulls ;)

also Umi ya hit the nail on the head, thats whats got me into thinking about all this, but I'd rather that the whole issue on irc would stop 100% its relaly annoying :l.

Bring it on , I can take it ;) , and Pudzy you gimp you know I'm a nice guy you cant deny it, but for gods sake dont let the others know ok...

Sycho ffs you cant post that you agree with me , how does that make me look or you for that matter , agreeing with the rambling moody and insanely violent silly git shaman ;) But you right feek em all

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
The Last Watch - Albion Prydwen
50Warrior
50Spiritmaster
50Runemaster
50Shadowblade
50Savage
50Healer
50Shaman
50Infiltator
50Sorcerer
50Scout
50 Merc
50Eldritch
48+Cleric

:eek2:

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
The Last Watch - Albion Prydwen
50Warrior
50Spiritmaster
50Runemaster
50Shadowblade
50Savage
50Healer
50Shaman
50Infiltator
50Sorcerer
50Scout
50 Merc
50Eldritch
48+Cleric

:eek2:

Pudz is Korean IRL.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
hehe

Actually that Pratchett sequence always bugged me. Its a total rip-off of Chun the Unavoidable from Jack Vance's Dying Earth stories, even if he does tell it slightly better ;)

It's deliberate. Practically all of The Colour of Magic is a rip-off/piss-take on other fantasy novels (I mean, check out the dragon rider sequence). He just got more into his stride as the series moved on.

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
3 hours in Avalon city, yeah I'm tired.
Ok nice post whoever wrote this thing then!
You Albs are such pussies :p

90% of all mids have spent (spend? too tired :() at least one level in Malmo, and alot of people I know did 6 hours in a row with only small breaks during "Dragontime" (12.00-14.00 ingame time, as the dragon makes a trip around Malmoholus). Me for myself did ALOT of Malmo time with all my 5 chars, Bashir, Rood, Bashira, Handen and now Packet... Last weekend I was there from 8.30 AM till 8.30 PM... I can tell you, that's a REAL torture, even more then FFA TG Raids that take at least 6 hours...
The constant whining, LDing, balancing of groups/xp (or just not ) etc... really brings the worst out of people.... I always eager for some Albcrushing (or hib) after a day malmo

So 3 hours Avalon City? Peanuts imo :) :kissit:

/hug

PS: damned, my savage does malmo now, lvl 43 only ... and then I got a 36 SB upcomming and same lvl Warrior... NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Could not agree more to Pudzy and if you don't have fun when you play.....why bother to continue playing? I hope you alla have fun I have played DAoC since beta and I think it's still fun. I don't bother to whine about the changes (or not changes)

At one time I have thougth about quitting the game, but that's was mainly due to bad things happening in my favorite guild :) Svea Ulvar :) .... but after a short break I came back becouse I missed the damn game :) I still miss the people who left...but I can manage...

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with the first post wholeheartedly. I don't use IRC but if it's even worse than these forums then I won't be going anywhere near it. I've even had enough of these forums, near enough every post gets turned into a whine or a flame by the same old people using the same tired old arguments.

Take for instance this thread about bonedancer pets (touchy subject I know). The guy who replied first is obviously a complete cock (as are most of the people who replied after him) and the thread just descended into a 'my dad's car is faster than your dad's car' argument from that point. I really thought that FH would be a lot better than Barrysworld but in reality it's about ten times worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom