Whine.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
bashir said:
You Albs are such pussies :p

90% of all mids have spent (spend? too tired :() at least one level in Malmo, and alot of people I know did 6 hours in a row with only small breaks during "Dragontime" (12.00-14.00 ingame time, as the dragon makes a trip around Malmoholus). Me for myself did ALOT of Malmo time with all my 5 chars, Bashir, Rood, Bashira, Handen and now Packet... Last weekend I was there from 8.30 AM till 8.30 PM... I can tell you, that's a REAL torture, even more then FFA TG Raids that take at least 6 hours...
The constant whining, LDing, balancing of groups/xp (or just not ) etc... really brings the worst out of people.... I always eager for some Albcrushing (or hib) after a day malmo

So 3 hours Avalon City? Peanuts imo :) :kissit:

/hug

PS: damned, my savage does malmo now, lvl 43 only ... and then I got a 36 SB upcomming and same lvl Warrior... NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

As you well know I've done malmo asmuch if not more, AC is no fun m8, so many clueless albs, who have no clue how to xp tbh, and 3hours in ac? took ME 12 days to get 46>50 with random groups including quests, I was actualy playing every day too, the quality of groups is that bad you really need to experience it for yourself, atm I'm trying to finish off my cleric, looks as if I'm gona be waiting for a guild pbaoe group, since I'm totally sick of wipeouts :/.

Malmo sucks, but you can always sneak in an afk, cos theres 2fgs to deal with shit, unless your main healer ofc, which admittedly sucks. Good thing is tho, you always know everyones gona be reasonably clued up with the job on hand, albion... isnt, only few. I got theurgist, paladin and mincer coming up too, which I basically dont think I can be assed to lvl.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, before SI we used to do rigante shredder groups. all day spent exping at hibby/middy shredders - that is pain

I can't stand the sight of them any more :/

Though it did get serb to 50 :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Pudzy said:
Malmo sucks, but you can always sneak in an afk, cos theres 2fgs to deal with shit, unless your main healer ofc, which admittedly sucks

Or if you've got someone who's shit hot and isn't afraid to die bodyguarding your ass ;)

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Roo Stercogburn said:
Or if you've got someone who's shit hot and isn't afraid to die bodyguarding your ass ;)

Yea like me! I'm a hero :(

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
Malmo sucks, but you can always sneak in an afk, cos theres 2fgs to deal with shit, unless your main healer ofc, which admittedly sucks.
Hehe lets see about afk-ing there...
- Bashir (Thane) was MA back when it was CC'd style, can't afk there..
- Rood (Healer) was main healer, like you said, no AFKing there..
- Bashira (Shaman) could afk now and then if I wanted, but most of the time it was "rebuff m8!!" or "gimme end reg/dmg add", not to mention saving the healer's ass with a gimpheal :), so I didn't afk that much (also liked AE DoT and Disease tbh)
- Handen (Hunter) was puller, not much afk-ing neither ("PULL FASTER FFS","HOLD PULLS",....)
- Packet (Supp SM) was one of the 2 PBAoE sm's, and since the group XP depended on us Supp SM's, there was no way to sneaky afk (was mostly "G2",even when I dinged 49 :eek:)

So far no such luck for me... my 43 savage _could_ do abit afking, tho when the mobs get through to the support/magics, we will be blaimed ("FFS GIVE TANKORDER AGAIN!!","Mob x CAME THROUGH !!1")... my 36 Warrior same shit and MUHAHAHHA my SB Bashine can actually stealth away and remain hidden ^^

Most looking forward = my 31 supp RM, hit pbt and stand back Zzzzz-afk-zzzzz :m00:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The term community in DAoC is dying, why, two things, SCing and PLing.

Before we all got along epxing in groups, rvring as groups, now its all FotM and whos got the best gear.

If you dont have it all, then theres a whine started, if you do have it all, then youll whine no one else has....

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
*waves to Pudz and Damon*

ello gimps long time no speak :).

I dont know why but recently I have been thinking about starting up playing daoc yet AGAIN. Still got my US account but was toying with idea of starting yet another EU one (my eigth, yes thats eigth) lol.

Doubt it will be middie, might go hib or alb on pryd, good to read this thread and catch up with things.

Take it easy and if I do sign up again (been hmm what a year or something since I stopped?) I'll let you know.

ttfn :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Xtro said:

I dont know why but recently I have been thinking about starting up playing daoc yet AGAIN. Still got my US account but was toying with idea of starting yet another EU one (my eigth, yes thats eigth) lol.

Doubt it will be middie, might go hib or alb on pryd, good to read this thread and catch up with things.

Take it easy and if I do sign up again (been hmm what a year or something since I stopped?) I'll let you know.

OMFG ITS ALIVE, HIDE THE CHILDREN. :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Pudzy said:
Roo, do one about Damon please :p make sure hes really moody and abrupt, with the intention of being nice but always seeming to crack skulls ;)

Job done :D

<--- Deader than a very dead thing :D

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Before we all got along epxing in groups, rvring as groups, now its all FotM and whos got the best gear.

If you dont have it all, then theres a whine started, if you do have it all, then youll whine no one else has....

I'd have to disagree there tbh...

IRC is great if you stay away from the retard hotspots such as #daoc.prydwen. Although if you make proper use of the ignore function #daoc.prydwen is still a pleasant room to be in...

There are some other really nice guild rooms to be in, yea there are still arguments and whine in those rooms but that's to be expected ANYWHERE you go.

Having said that however, I do agree with your point that the community ingame has deteriorated due to PLing etc (yes, I'm guilty of that too) but there are some exceptions to that too. The Eclipse Alliance being one of those, best alliance I've ever been in tbh, nice little community forming there.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, the situation with the community isn't as dire as people think it is, it's just changing and people need to adapt to that change. :)

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Xtro said:

Come to Hib! Alot of oldschool Middies are over here now and the atmosphere is really laid back, kinda suits the Xtro I remember tbh ;>

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Xtro said:

/Waves back flailling both arm's like the mad troll he is

Oi oi Gimp nice to see your alive :D

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:

Tbh i gotta agree.

Part of the of the trouble with the game is the lack of things to do after 50.
Only the Epic dungons (Sidi Tg etc)offer anything actualy worth getting yet they take 6 hours and are over cause of many an argument about who "ever" has rights to the dungeon.
Hopefully ToA will address some of these issues by makeing it worth while to get a group a go hunt for Drops that can be better than Crafted Sc'd equipment.
The other problem is that Mythic seem to have no idea how to fix the problems that have appeared in RvR over time with certain group set ups being so much more viable. They are too secretive about changes they are gonna make and the players who's classes do not fall into optimon RvR group set up's and players of low RR get no enjoyment out of being Farm'd by Guild RvR groups. This frustration boils out over time in various /As /gu chat rooms etc. You can ignore it for the most part butafter a while it gets to us all.

But for the most part its the People that make DAOc fun .. not the game its self.

For me DAOc is beyond repair or beyond any help Mythic can come up with... roll on WoW....

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
As you well know I've done malmo asmuch if not more, AC is no fun m8, so many clueless albs, who have no clue how to xp tbh, and 3hours in ac? took ME 12 days to get 46>50 with random groups including quests, I was actualy playing every day too, the quality of groups is that bad you really need to experience it for yourself, atm I'm trying to finish off my cleric, looks as if I'm gona be waiting for a guild pbaoe group, since I'm totally sick of wipeouts :/.

You gotta agree with this :p , I had to setup a guild (TLW) pbae group (leech group) to get alts lvled for myself and the guild, AC is no run, drops are few and far betwen, worth crappy salvage compaired to rest of the realm, can get better cash lvling else where, and overcamped so very little to pull alot of the time + as pudz said, alot of albs are clueless (PBAE earily/late, afk clerics, tanks that dont guard/run around madly etc).

Pudz gotta lvl his own cleric now thou :p

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
X looong time no see ya little stranger :), come on irc :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom