Whine thread

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
the part of the mid 'defence' whine i liked best is the part about only '50' mids bothering to do keep and relic defenses :)

the _most_ ive ever seen of hibs on a defense is around the 40 mark, but in the first days of NF i heard rumours of 70 rvr'ing hibs!

Nowadays we are lucky to get 30 ppl defend against a 70+ player alb zerg attempting to take our keeps.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
sneakies said:
the part of the mid 'defence' whine i liked best is the part about only '50' mids bothering to do keep and relic defenses :)

the _most_ ive ever seen of hibs on a defense is around the 40 mark, but in the first days of NF i heard rumours of 70 rvr'ing hibs!

Nowadays we are lucky to get 30 ppl defend against a 70+ player alb zerg attempting to take our keeps.

and u have shrooms which u cannot kill because u get los issues all the time.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
and how would a little *ill camp bled bridge but go no further* be able to come to a conclusion such as that ?

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
Not that you really need more - or you'd lag with all those shrooms ;)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Maddude said:
Some of the stuff u mentioned there are ture, insta stun and pbaoe is uber like ultrakill.

But for it to work u need to be in open field, n that hardly is the case now in nf or? :p

well they work pretty good vs campnig hibs in tower u know:>>>

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Give aoe confuse! strong for making theurgists very redundant :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Gotrag said:
i Really dont agree with that i have beaten alot of zerkas evan higher RR's and with more artis than me.... if you can get all the zerkas to duel aginst a experncied savage and the zerka wins 100% i will eat my shoes.... and im quite fond of my new shoes

Now im 50 i must Duel Maddude only thing is that he is high RR but i will try
Don't forget that zerker can be banelord and savages can't.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Voltage said:
He actually compared to ice spec wizard... and yeah they happen to share one ability but for ice wiz thats their only ability ><
It's called sarcasm? xD

remi

Fledgling Freddie
savages became obsolete when they didnt get banelord.

(Mythic: hmmm, savages got this insta interupt, lets remove it and give all the "real" light tanks it instead)

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Eroda said:
Ice wizard has always been the weakest of the pbaoe classes, fine in keeps etc but never had the natural support and group balance for it to be properly effective in the open field against the best groups.

Closest comparison to ice wizard is the mana eld and its depressing :p

Surprised there hasn't been more mid pbaoe groups out recently, combination of aoe stun, twf and pbaoe would have a good farming session at one of these keeps
Mids dont have reavers whit Instant pbae dotts intrupt my ass to the moon etc. :] need high moc as supp Sm these days and not many high rr mids left in the realmssadly :C

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
savages became obsolete when they didnt get banelord.

(Mythic: hmmm, savages got this insta interupt, lets remove it and give all the "real" light tanks it instead)

I dont wanna be hit by you with thrust claws+relics+Banespike ^^

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
Mids have access to:
Healers: best CC class by far, ae insta stun/mez, single insta stun/mez, case version of both.

You forget they are our primary healers.

Savage: best light tank, highest damage output

*hrm* merc? I doubt melee classes is worth bringing up in this caster era.

Darkcarver: best bolter/nuker by far, speed, 50% debuff of own level 50 nuke and 2 bolts plus GTAOE.

Sure a normal caster =)

BD: played well no single enemy can really compete against these.

Mythic dosn't make classes for soloing. If you think BD is good 1on1 wait til you face a warlock. ><

SM: along with chanter easily superior to ice wizard by a million miles.

Perhaps I guess you are right. The problem is none specs supp. Most spec dark instead which is kinda similar to cabalist apart from their debuff and what seems to be a chainstunning pet.

Albs have:
Sorc: Bolt range mez, giving them a 375 range advantage over insta mez, (thats about 5 milliseconds moving at mach5)

You goto keep in mind they also have qc plus that silly RR5 RA not to forget the abillity to nuke on a primary mezzer witch make it so alot more damage than other realms main mezzers do I even have to mention the abillity to charm for example stunning pets. Even if they have cloth... I would pick a sorc over a healer any day.

And how offen would you chose insta mezz infront of ranged mezz in a siege?

Cabby: very good pet, nearsight, 50% debuff nukes if spirit spec

Nothing to say about these apart from the chainstunning pet. Havn't seen an sm pet chain stun anyone ever. Perhaps its just me?

Reaver: RR5 ability combined with ml8 banelord overpowered but nerfed very soon. Damage output is good when using positionals average the rest of the time.

Err, you forgot TWF3. positional style procs should proc every hit 450 damage at capped swing speed per attack, how does that sound? Well mid got thanes... oh and hybrid with large shield?

Hibs have:
Chanter: base line stun :eek:

Like all hib casters then. Will never get used to it. Basicly an iwinbutton when they qc and you don't have purge up.

Animist: king of keep defence and attack
+Millions of insta interupts

As people said aoe shrooms and it aint that hard. The problem is to get people to udnerstand why and how to do it.

In terms of stand out classes Hibs have it the worst with albs second and mids way ahead with the best in many fields, CC, nuking and melee tanks.

MY 2 cents.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:
Mids have access to:
Healers: best CC class by far, ae insta stun/mez, single insta stun/mez, case version of both.
Darkcarver: best bolter/nuker by far, speed, 50% debuff of own level 50 nuke and 2 bolts plus GTAOE.

O,o best light tank? Savages aren't light tanks.. we don't get charge, our miss rate is higher than any zerk/merc/BM, our dmg output MAY be highest, but it also very well may be the lowest by far, last I heard, even Mythic called Savages hybrids. Quad hit rate is at 0-2%, tripple hit rate a bit higher, and dual hit a bit higher yet, but still laughable compared to BM/merc/zerk. If you want highest dmg output, roll a merc or BM, if you want a TINY SMALL chance of highest dmg output being a bit better than the light tanks, but also the highest hp loss in the game when someone isn't even hitting you, roll a savage. But don't call savage the best light tank :)

Of course these are just my own observations from playing the class for almost 2 years now lvl 1-50 duo'ing and grouping, and from other people's posts here on FH and VN boards.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Straef.. what's your highest hit with Merc before crit? :)

Straef doesn't get to hit anything, he just dies and whines on guild chat :D

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Nausilus^^ said:

With full ToA SC a Merc will cap around ~~500 on dual shadows i think with quickness and melee speed and such capped. Offhand will be around 250 or so I think.

So you can say noncrit they can hit for 750 maybe :) Banelord = +25% methinks, so...~~ 937. Pefect crit and that's 1406 damage.
Factor in damage add from Theurgist (~~100 more), dmg add from anger of the gods 3 (~~200 more) and they can I guess hit for ~~1700 dmg :p

(and they might also be lucky enough to have Paladin dmg add, land con debuff with malice or ~~)

Enough to 1shot most casters ^^

Every light is basically the same...except Zerkers are quite insane cause they could hit for more than 2k dmg with vendo :D

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I guess I just suck something awful then. I think the best quad hit I remember was once I failed a clan's call (back positional stun) and hit for 4x 250dmg+90dmg crit on main hit. Other than that my top hit since I respecced 2h and then back to h2h was around 450dmg in main hand.. wasn't a dual/tripple or quad tho. And that's with cap qui, str and dex + 25 dex/str cap increase in template. While delivering that punch I also lost 10% hp from haste and dps shout :)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Savage could hit for 1500 pre-toa so I bet they can hit 2k + easy with banespike, toa bonuses, salamander claw and cap increases :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Nausilus^^ said:
Mainhand or? :|
4xx most dmg mainhand without crit, hit osril before for 630 without crits with offhand aswell.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
With full ToA SC a Merc will cap around ~~500 on dual shadows i think with quickness and melee speed and such capped. Offhand will be around 250 or so I think.

So you can say noncrit they can hit for 750 maybe :) Banelord = +25% methinks, so...~~ 937. Pefect crit and that's 1406 damage.
Factor in damage add from Theurgist (~~100 more), dmg add from anger of the gods 3 (~~200 more) and they can I guess hit for ~~1700 dmg :p

(and they might also be lucky enough to have Paladin dmg add, land con debuff with malice or ~~)

Enough to 1shot most casters ^^

Every light is basically the same...except Zerkers are quite insane cause they could hit for more than 2k dmg with vendo :D
Dunno what you based that on but I'm happy when I do over 600 dmg, then again I am gimped -.-

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
just the hardest a mercenary could potentially hit :p relies on a lot of things tho :p the caps might not be completely accurate tho, those are just educated guesses

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Yes, yes, we certainly needed another thread like this. :rolleyes: Then again, it was posted by AngelHeal, someone not exactly known for his insightful contributions to DAoC forums everywhere, so what can you expect?I was under the distinct impression that one of the Enchanter pets did heal; in fact, unlike BD pets, Enchanter pets will heal anyone in the group and not just the pet caster (yeah, yeah, I do know it only heals once in a blue moon, but the fact still stands).

actacully underhill ally heals more than nick did on druid when we pve:ed on pryd :D underhill ftw

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Case said:
I guess Albs are just still in the mentality of avoid emain at all costs.

Also in OF mids were the main enemy and I think on the whole Alb haven't moved with the times.

Also can't forget on the whole the Mids are lazy, they want easy RP's to farm and if they can't get them they won't RvR at all, like now where Alb is very organised with multiple decent setup groups running.

1.71 might help a little though with reduction in boiling oil damage it makes doors to keeps effectively assaultable again, ATM any attack ona Hib door is suicide with multiple shrooms and oil doing upto 2000 damage at times.

Regards the sorceror whine, Sorc's are a good class yes, however they're just 1 class of which most groups have 1 if they're lucky.

Mids have access to:

Albs have:
Sorc: Bolt range mez, giving them a 375 range advantage over insta mez, (thats about 5 milliseconds moving at mach5)
Cabby: very good pet, nearsight, 50% debuff nukes if spirit spec
Reaver: RR5 ability combined with ml8 banelord overpowered but nerfed very soon. Damage output is good when using positionals average the rest of the time

Hibs have:
Chanter: base line stun :eek:
Animist: king of keep defence and attack
+Millions of insta interupts

In terms of stand out classes Hibs have it the worst with albs second and mids way ahead with the best in many fields, CC, nuking and melee tanks.

savages ar FAR from the best light tanks now with NF, a tank with charge and banelord > savage anyday.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Savage could hit for 1500 pre-toa so I bet they can hit 2k + easy with banespike, toa bonuses, salamander claw and cap increases :p

yes they _could_ but odds are very very small :) My max hit was with sally tail and 25 str/dex cap increase.. haven't tried with banespike because I've never grouped with a banelord in RvR before, and I'm warlord myself (can chose warlord or battlemaster)

Still looking forward to the day I hit for 1500+ tho..

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Nausilus^^ said:
yes they _could_ but odds are very very small :) My max hit was with sally tail and 25 str/dex cap increase.. haven't tried with banespike because I've never grouped with a banelord in RvR before, and I'm warlord myself (can chose warlord or battlemaster)

Still looking forward to the day I hit for 1500+ tho..

Do you have 10/10/9 bonuses or sthin? And whats your caps? And qui?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom