Whine thread

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
stop crying you mids!

instead of blaming albs that you can't assault an enemy frontier somehow, you should grab yourselfs up and do something...
I mean, hibs are like outnumberd 10>1 vs albs.. yet we aren't crying...
You mids should do very good in keep fights imo..

AE stun + pbaoe's... what more do u want..?

Your numbers are far more then hibernian.

(ps dont w8 for albs to leave your frontier, but search for theirs.. :> they will go dfend then instead of attackig yours)

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
you know why we moan.... cause evryone from our realm is leaving and we DO LACK NUMBERS albs with there opted groups fucking 1 reaver takes out FG's and this is fucking possible you say what we have.... we dont have pet spamming class where as alb/hib does

so why dont you styop whineing about mids whineing cause you just make it worse

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
wont be a reaver problem in a few days so :p well theres still a reaver problem but not as much uc

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
1: our numbers are not far more then hib nowadays. Have checked multiple times and it has mostly been hib = mid and alb with 100 more ppl
(checked by doing /who all and shared with ppl on IRC)

2: We have started getting out.

3: we need all former pl bots and retired BDs to be active again to be able to use pbae and TWF. 95% of SMs are dark nowadays

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
So many threads about it, and there is still people not understanding why mids aren't in frontier anymore. Feel free to pick a random answer from other threads, directly from enemy realms wisdom:

- mids cba;
- mids are fotm players used to overpowerdness;
- alb/hibs are far better players;
- mids rerolled to wow/alb/hib;
- mids like QQing more than RVRing;
- mids suck.

Or, quite simply: we play for fun like you, and NF keep based RVR, for our open field specialized realm isn't fun, so we do something else (which explain why only 50 mids cba defending relics, little detail that even Requiel missed). Surely, many of us will return if 1.71 will be more fun, no worries, we've not given up - just doing what albs did in the last OF days, or hibs did for a year or so before getting welfared like today.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Our pets dont block attacks, our pets dont heal, you have aoe stun we dont, you have aoe confuse we dont. Stop moaning and show urselfs middies! Or ill be having Valkyn for breakfast :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Yes, yes, we certainly needed another thread like this. :rolleyes: Then again, it was posted by AngelHeal, someone not exactly known for his insightful contributions to DAoC forums everywhere, so what can you expect?
Penlid said:
our pets dont heal
I was under the distinct impression that one of the Enchanter pets did heal; in fact, unlike BD pets, Enchanter pets will heal anyone in the group and not just the pet caster (yeah, yeah, I do know it only heals once in a blue moon, but the fact still stands).

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
Our pets dont block attacks, our pets dont heal, you have aoe stun we dont, you have aoe confuse we dont. Stop moaning and show urselfs middies! Or ill be having Valkyn for breakfast :)

1. That pet doesn't block magic damage. Useful tool in 1on1 fight's but who cares? stealthers?
2.You do have a heal pet. I guess you are refering to a BD's healer? Superb in 1on1 fight's but who cares? stealthers?
3. Superb tool in a openfield battle but who cares? NF is pretty much about keeps.
4. Who has AOE Confuse? Or are you talking about AOE Amnesia? If that is the case. Then yeah it's a great tool to use.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I guess Albs are just still in the mentality of avoid emain at all costs.

Also in OF mids were the main enemy and I think on the whole Alb haven't moved with the times.

Also can't forget on the whole the Mids are lazy, they want easy RP's to farm and if they can't get them they won't RvR at all, like now where Alb is very organised with multiple decent setup groups running.

1.71 might help a little though with reduction in boiling oil damage it makes doors to keeps effectively assaultable again, ATM any attack ona Hib door is suicide with multiple shrooms and oil doing upto 2000 damage at times.

Regards the sorceror whine, Sorc's are a good class yes, however they're just 1 class of which most groups have 1 if they're lucky.

Mids have access to:
Healers: best CC class by far, ae insta stun/mez, single insta stun/mez, case version of both.
Savage: best light tank, highest damage output
Darkcarver: best bolter/nuker by far, speed, 50% debuff of own level 50 nuke and 2 bolts plus GTAOE.
BD: played well no single enemy can really compete against these.
SM: along with chanter easily superior to ice wizard by a million miles.

Albs have:
Sorc: Bolt range mez, giving them a 375 range advantage over insta mez, (thats about 5 milliseconds moving at mach5)
Cabby: very good pet, nearsight, 50% debuff nukes if spirit spec
Reaver: RR5 ability combined with ml8 banelord overpowered but nerfed very soon. Damage output is good when using positionals average the rest of the time

Hibs have:
Chanter: base line stun :eek:
Animist: king of keep defence and attack
+Millions of insta interupts

In terms of stand out classes Hibs have it the worst with albs second and mids way ahead with the best in many fields, CC, nuking and melee tanks.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
I seriously dont understand what is so hard to understand about sorc mez

sure, running face on at each other, a healer would prob win the cc fight with insta
when in the hell do you ever run at someone face on when your stood inside a keep? stop living in the past and think about current rvr
stood in a keep, a sorc with 360 dex, ae root, ae mez and dd damage is >>>> healer with instas
and guess what! stood in a keep is what NF is all about.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just close this pointless thread tbh.

All all know mids can't stop bitching and are usually a bunch of lazy gimps.
[YES, I am a Mid too - But I actually get into groups and attempt to help in keep takes/realm defense]

As I posted in WoVs forum.

"Mids are a group of lazy twats who only go to RvR for their own personal gain and don't give a 8888 about their own realm" - Live with it, get a guild group and roam. Plenty of n00b FOTM groups running now.

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
I guess Albs are just still in the mentality of avoid emain at all costs.

Mids have access to:
Healers: best CC class by far, ae insta stun/mez, single insta stun/mez, case version of both.
Albs have:
Sorc: Bolt range mez, giving them a 375 range advantage over insta mez, (thats about 5 milliseconds moving at mach5)

Sigh. I would like to see a keep that moves in mach 5.

Yes healer is a good CC class. But cannot compete with it's range and radius.

The silly casting speed and damage done by casters making it almost impossible to specc high in Pac to reach that mez radius. You need to be albe to heal aswell.

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
AngelHeal said:
stop crying you mids!

instead of blaming albs that you can't assault an enemy frontier somehow, you should grab yourselfs up and do something...
I mean, hibs are like outnumberd 10>1 vs albs.. yet we aren't crying...
You mids should do very good in keep fights imo..

AE stun + pbaoe's... what more do u want..?

Your numbers are far more then hibernian.

(ps dont w8 for albs to leave your frontier, but search for theirs.. :> they will go dfend then instead of attackig yours)

Some of the stuff u mentioned there are ture, insta stun and pbaoe is uber like ultrakill.

But for it to work u need to be in open field, n that hardly is the case now in nf or? :p

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
Maddude said:
Some of the stuff u mentioned there are ture, insta stun and pbaoe is uber like ultrakill.

But for it to work u need to be in open field, n that hardly is the case now in nf or? :p

Not sure if you saw the alaron spam in towers last night he respecced to ice to try out pbae in NF - it was impressive - and thats without ae stun.

Also its common practice to group in a huddle under the bments of a tower so you cant be nuked.. 2 sms drop off the bment and a healer insta stuns = dead huddle, need another healer inside to repair the fall damage too ofc :p

Just some ideas :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:
Mids have access to:
Savage: best light tank, highest damage output
Darkcarver: best bolter/nuker by far, speed, 50% debuff of own level 50 nuke and 2 bolts plus GTAOE.
BD: played well no single enemy can really compete against these.
SM: along with chanter easily superior to ice wizard by a million miles.
Healers: The best CC class? I can agree that healer is probably the best healer class in the game since it's very nice combined with healing and CC but to claim it's the best CC class when sorcs have bolt range mezz is silly.

Savage: best light tank? do you still play SI or what? Berserker > Savage any day, and Reaver ain't too chabby either.

Darkcarver: Best bolter? Check fire wizards and you will notice they have a lvl 50 spec bolt when darkcarvers only have a lvl 47 spec bolt with slightly lower dmg. Best nuker? omg, can you be more wrong? Dark RM / Fire Wiz out dmg darkcarvers xD

BD: no enemy can compete against these? BD's may win against most in 1v1 but hardly all and in fg it's very good but and maybe even OP but a skilled enemy can take a BD down with ease.

SM: Yeah keep comparing pet classes with non pet classes cuz' they happen to share one ability xD

Lcea

Fledgling Freddie
Voltage said:
Not sure if you saw the alaron spam in towers last night he respecced to ice to try out pbae in NF - it was impressive - and thats without ae stun.

Also its common practice to group in a huddle under the bments of a tower so you cant be nuked.. 2 sms drop off the bment and a healer insta stuns = dead huddle, need another healer inside to repair the fall damage too ofc :p

Just some ideas :)

Alaron was in a race with the reavers to kill everyone first and he won :(

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
SM: Yeah keep comparing pet classes with non pet classes cuz' they happen to share one ability xD

He actually compared to ice spec wizard... and yeah they happen to share one ability but for ice wiz thats their only ability ><

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Ice wizard has always been the weakest of the pbaoe classes, fine in keeps etc but never had the natural support and group balance for it to be properly effective in the open field against the best groups.

Closest comparison to ice wizard is the mana eld and its depressing :p

Surprised there hasn't been more mid pbaoe groups out recently, combination of aoe stun, twf and pbaoe would have a good farming session at one of these keeps

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Just close this pointless thread tbh.

All all know mids can't stop bitching and are usually a bunch of lazy gimps.
[YES, I am a Mid too - But I actually get into groups and attempt to help in keep takes/realm defense]

As I posted in WoVs forum.

"Mids are a group of lazy twats who only go to RvR for their own personal gain and don't give a 8888 about their own realm" - Live with it, get a guild group and roam. Plenty of n00b FOTM groups running now.

I think thats going abit over the top to be honest mids think whats the point when there just going to get whiped anyway as evry Alb group is a opted and main high rr group they can bairly win.... we take a few out but then they come back its all about number in the end we dont have enough to stand up to them

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Savage: best light tank? do you still play SI or what? Berserker > Savage any day, and Reaver ain't too chabby either.

i Really dont agree with that i have beaten alot of zerkas evan higher RR's and with more artis than me.... if you can get all the zerkas to duel aginst a experncied savage and the zerka wins 100% i will eat my shoes.... and im quite fond of my new shoes

Now im 50 i must Duel Maddude only thing is that he is high RR but i will try

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Gotrag said:
i Really dont agree with that i have beaten alot of zerkas evan higher RR's and with more artis than me.... if you can get all the zerkas to duel aginst a experncied savage and the zerka wins 100% i will eat my shoes.... and im quite fond of my new shoes

Now im 50 i must Duel Maddude only thing is that he is high RR but i will try
Woah!
Bring it on ;)

and my opinnion: Zerk > Sava normally.

Sava relies on getting quads to do their dmg while zerk only needs to get their styles in.

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
today mids cry for silly reasons (sorry but still aoe insta stun is the best CC for me), tomorrow albs will for warlocks .. :m00:

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Please dont make me eat my shoes Mad :p

i dont require quad hits to win...... i killed Nelax... Zerka higher RR than me and i didnt get 1 quad hit at all :O

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gotrag said:
Please say after me: DUELS MEAN NOTHING! You'd think everyone would have got this by now, but evidently not. :rolleyes:

Savages are clearly inferior to all other light tanks in RvR simply because of their selection of RAs and ML paths. Or, put more simply: Charge and Banelord is what defines a light tank in DAoC today. Savages have neither.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Please say after me: DUELS MEAN NOTHING! You'd think everyone would have got this by now, but evidently not. :rolleyes:

Savages are clearly inferior to all other light tanks in RvR simply because of their selection of RAs and ML paths. Or, put more simply: Charge and Banelord is what defines a light tank in DAoC today.

Belomar is right.
I've basically retired Timmae due to the gimp arse RA selection available to him.
If we had charge OR banelord, at least one of the two, it might be worth playing him, as it is.. it's pointless, zerkers get both and are superior for that reason alone.
You'll find few savages left.. with battlemaster as the only sane choice, there's no point playing a savage as BG bot when a warrior can do the same job but with guard (for all the scouts) and a nice any time stun for the casters.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Berserker and savage aren't in the same league as reaver tho, as they are more equal to thane / champ. Still not too chabby tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom