Whine at GoA

Cyfr

Banned
Subject
Shrouded Isles CD-key

Discussion Thread
Response (CS) 01/14/2004 10:51 AM
Hello,

we’ve checked your CD- Key’s numbers in our data base and we can confirm you that effectively, it's already used by someone else. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Sometimes, it occurs that during the printing makes some mistakes in the CD key's numbers' distribution and so, creates some double CD key.

The only one solution that we can give you is to return the complete box of the game to the shop where you've purchased it in order to exchange it or to make a refund.

Really sorry

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Customer (x) 01/07/2004 09:05 PM
Hello, I bought shrouded isles from GAME when it came out, I got an
error saying the cdkey was already in use..
I managed to get hold of one, and used that for the time being but I would like to use this one now.

The cdkey is (removed)

Could you please sort this out for me? Im sure it must have been a
printing error as this was a brand new game...

Im sure GAME shouldn't be held up for a printing error? Why can't goa just give me a new one and save all the hasstle :( It's not like I have the recept.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Because CDKEY's are not handled by GOA, they are handled by retailers.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
You can't return online only games back to game, tried they refused even with receipt

Cyfr

Banned
GoA still suck. So who do I contact because I can't take the game back

Teknoid

Fledgling Freddie
actaully the retailer has nothing to do with the CDkeys, where ever u got that idea from i dont know.

The reason GOA can not just email you a key, is how do they know that you actaully brought the product? how do they know you dont work at a retail store and just stole the key. The easest solution for all, is for you to go back to you retailer customer service, and inform them they have sold you a product which is faulty/fraudlent, and you will find, Internet based or otherwise, they will have to solve the problem.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Cyfr said:
Im sure GAME shouldn't be held up for a printing error? Why can't goa just give me a new one and save all the hasstle :( It's not like I have the recept.

Your contract is with GAME as its them who have given you a 'faulty' product (a CD key not working). GOA are unable to genuinely tell if you've bought the expansion anyway, unless you go and scan your receipt or something.

Make sure you explain to GAME, and don't take any crap from them - your product is unusable.

Cyfr

Banned
I bought the product when SI came out .. :p
Can I not show them a funky picture with me and the box? :( and the cdkey on manual

Teknoid

Fledgling Freddie
get your bank statement for that month u brought it, and use that as proof if u dont have have the receipt, it will show a transaction to that store/company.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna be bloody tricky trying to get them to refund the game after all this time. Save yourself the trouble and just buy a new copy. :/

Cyfr

Banned
Teknoid said:
get your bank statement for that month u brought it, and use that as proof if u dont have have the receipt, it will show a transaction to that store/company.
I paid cash..

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Cyfr said:
I bought the product when SI came out .. :p
Can I not show them a funky picture with me and the box? :( and the cdkey on manual

Far too late then. Considering SI was launched 19 February 2003, nearly 11 months ago - you've got no chance.

Possibly beg at GOA explaining the situation, but don't count on it.

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
You should have taken it back as soon as you found that the CD key did not work, its hard to get them to change it as it is an online game (addon).

Why can you not just carry on using the one that you have now? It cant be used by anyone else as you have used it so why waste it :eek:

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Cyfr said:

Actuly, the shop is forced my law to take back the game, and gice you a new one, IF you have the recept. and you can prove that the game CD-key was already in use.

One thing you could do, if you ever find the recept is take a print of the mail you recived from goa, or forward it to the store.

This happend to me with my first copy of the original DaoC, and i went back to the store the day after. i was lucky, becouse the stores manager/boss is the father of one of my best friends, and he trusted me, but would probly have taken the game in anyways. They took the game back, sendt it to god knows where, and aboute a week later, i got a new copy of the game.

They way i think they do it, is they chek the date the CD-key was activated, and compare it to the date you purchased the game. That way, they can chek that it was not you that activated the CD-key.

Monkee

Fledgling Freddie
why have u waited so long to do something about it!?

plus with no receipt, u have no chance! :(

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
even if you did have the recepit, I doubt they'd do anything about it... been far too long. If you don't have it AND you paid cash, then sorry but you've got no chance :(

Cyfr

Banned
I waited long because I live nowhere near the shops so managed to get hold of a cdkey by other means. It just sprung to mind that I need SI :)
GoA failed to reply to my 4 emails when I first got the cdkey anyway so.. :(

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Teknoid said:
actaully the retailer has nothing to do with the CDkeys, where ever u got that idea from i dont know.

The reason GOA can not just email you a key, is how do they know that you actaully brought the product? how do they know you dont work at a retail store and just stole the key. The easest solution for all, is for you to go back to you retailer customer service, and inform them they have sold you a product which is faulty/fraudlent, and you will find, Internet based or otherwise, they will have to solve the problem.

*Shrug* In many occasions (Ie Tribes 2) the retailers have distirbuted the CDKeys, thought it was same with DAOC.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
The retailers have nothing to do with any part of the game apart from selling it. If your CD-Key never worked because of it being used by someone else or for other reasons you should take the game back the same day you bought the game, but because you took so long to react you don't have any chance to get a refund or replacement for the game.

Just buy another copy of the game if you want to play it so badly.

Monkee

Fledgling Freddie
u can pick both up pretty cheap nowadays anyway! So save urself the hassle and just order a new copy, www.play.com is a cheap-ish place to by from online especially if u dont live near any shops! :)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Monkee said:
u can pick both up pretty cheap nowadays anyway! So save urself the hassle and just order a new copy, www.play.com is a cheap-ish place to by from online especially if u dont live near any shops! :)

Im sure there is a law for this.
I think your solution is to bug GOA ALOT untill they bring you a good answer to how you can play the game you paid for.

On the other hand, I would never bother, and just buy a new acc. Its not like its expensive :)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Shan said:
*Shrug* In many occasions (Ie Tribes 2) the retailers have distirbuted the CDKeys, thought it was same with DAOC.
When I bought mine from Game, the box was empty and the guy behind the counter reached under the till to get a manual (with CD key on it) from a big pile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom