Which realm really is *the casting realm*

Corran

Part of the furniture
Boggy said:
5) I've never met an Albion who tried to shake my hand or talk peace before he blew me to pieces.

Obviously you never met me on my sorc when solo. Often would just mezz people and unless they had previously attacked me or purged and tried attack me would run up to them, hug them, then run off again :D

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think if it is about evil or good. Albion has the most defensive classes, is it evil? Doubt it. It is about offering something most players know, and comfortable with. A "default" realm who has no real experience with fantasy from before, and don't have ties for other realms. All realms benefit from "bring a friend" invites by experienced players, but most new players would go for Albion, if people wouldn't have some special interests. I think the mids are good for some metal addicts, etc. the hibs are for people who love high fantasy and experienced with roleplaying, etc.Hibs are underpopulated for this reason.

Both other realms have some standards, different from what you expect as normal human standards, as result you can call midgard amoral, and hibernia good (except for some RvR related situations, the ones who climb up in DF to other sides just to kill the young, etc), but albion isn't about evil, it is about being default. Not lovechild of Mythic, but has to be appealing for most newbies, and playing and numbers are counted in when the realms got their abilities.

Think Albion should have many good people, many bad people, and being default, it lacks a lot of shared interest, etc. that helps other realms to make a community, this is one of the problem albs face.

Boggy said:
5) I've never met an Albion who tried to shake my hand or talk peace before he blew me to pieces.
Because you don't let it happen. But seriously, what you meet in RvR? Zergs (no time for trying to chat) gank groups (don't want to chat) or Stealthers or targets you can kill easily. The talk peace has some problems with language barriers (except on gaheris US edition, where the paladins tend to guard animists nicely).

But I yet to see a hib, who doesn't AE stun and kill with PBAOE without saying anything. When Epic quests were done often, even if most people haven't used epic armor because SC was better, you had a chance to meet people from other realms who pulled agro away and helped with quests, but how can you expect to have friendly meeting now?

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I think you misunderstood the spirit in which the post you replied to was intended. :)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Don't try to justify your evil ways to me! I'll not be swayed by that forked tongue of yours.

Don't you find it even a little incriminating that "The slab of evil" is an anagram of "The evil of Albs"? What more do you need?

(Hibs don't have aoestun)

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
only animals would steep to such low levels as to use AoE Stun!

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Come duel with me sometimes and I'll show u how much I hit for with and without debuff :flame:

It's a bit more than u say xD

Arthemis

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
But I yet to see a hib, who doesn't AE stun and kill with PBAOE without saying anything. When Epic quests were done often, even if most people haven't used epic armor because SC was better, you had a chance to meet people from other realms who pulled agro away and helped with quests, but how can you expect to have friendly meeting now?

Can hibs AE stun ?? I Didnt know... :S

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
Nilmeia said:
Come duel with me sometimes and I'll show u how much I hit for with and without debuff :flame:

It's a bit more than u say xD

my guess is u hit for far less then before NF xD
around 150?

Eleanora

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
enchanter standard spec: after debuff hits for maybe 500-600 before debuff, 250-300 is lucky
mana ment 400s
light ment: 400-500s
light chanter: 400-500s(if no debuff)
elds: 20 second recast bolts: 500+
Scary DoTs hitting for 400-ish, eh?;)

sneakies said:
enchanter standard spec: after debuff hits for maybe 250/300 before debuff, 170 is lucky
mana ment ^^ same
He was probably referring to the fact that both enchanters and mana mentalists use baseline nuke.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh All you need to think about is that the game is called Camelot therefore albion is the starring realm, and it's also called dark ages, not because we're evil, but because these are troubled times, what with all the pesky hibs and mids trying to take over our land ;) :touch: It's like Aliens. We're the good ol' marines, you guys are the ugly-spit drooling aliens :D And oh yeah I vote Hib as caster realm. Have to turn FX off whenever we run into them at keeps so my framerate doesnt turn into a slide-show :p

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Balance aint all that bad really, except for one thing, mids lack of pet classes. Fix that and I'm sure we'll do fine. We just need the same possibilities as albs and hibs to keep enemy casters/seers interrupted.

Besides that it's just the hib baseline stun and albs insane mezz range that's annoying. I'd also like some of the more group friendly mid classes to be able to pick banelord.
And as usual Mid got the shaft when it comes to class specific RA:s, but thats the way it's always been, so quite used to it.

Albs and hibs often complain about AE stun, but havent really been in the receiving end of it, except for when we played a tank grp on hib, and well.. with det5 you hardly notice AE stun. It feels like HDD lag or something.
So I can't really say I have any experience of it. Is it really all that bad?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Eleanora said:
Scary DoTs hitting for 400-ish, eh?;)

He was probably referring to the fact that both enchanters and mana mentalists use baseline nuke.

Pfft i was refering to mentalist baseline nuke :p , mana mentalist/chanter using baseline nuke with 10% piercing probably hit near 400 or so without debuffs.With debuff 500-600.(providing they got decent int and +11 light)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
sneakies said:
discuss, flame, and result in more whine than a wineyard.

my view:

hibs:

enchanter standard spec: after debuff hits for maybe 250/300 before debuff, 170 is lucky
mana ment ^^ same
light ment: 250 - 350
light chanter: 250-300
elds: 20 second recast nukes: 500+

albs:

i dunno, but the lowest an alb caster has ever hit me for is 400 averaging about 600/700 and they do tend to run with twice as many casters as the rest of us.

mids:

frequently been hit for 1000+ by mids :)

// i have capped resists and this is all on my shade :p

so... feel free to flame away for point out the obvious, but i fail to see how hibs can be classed as the caster realm when we blatently aren't

albs have the range, on the whole their classes out damage ours. mids out damage us by 2 fold

so please *prove me wrong*
hehehe, what a great post, hope you dont belive that

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
Tbh All you need to think about is that the game is called Camelot therefore albion is the starring realm, and it's also called dark ages, not because we're evil, but because these are troubled times, what with all the pesky hibs and mids trying to take over our land ;) :touch: It's like Aliens. We're the good ol' marines, you guys are the ugly-spit drooling aliens

Yet more lies from the monstrous Albion propoganda machine.

The dark ages started when Rome withdrew, plunging Albion into chaos and conflict, where villainy prospers and no light shines. Indeed you are the starring realm. You are the worm-eaten heart of the darkness.

More proof:

Saracens were slave-taking barbarians, whereas Elves peace-loving forest dwellers who invariably fight on the side of light.

Don't push me any further. I don't want to have to mention the highlanders cross-dressing and drinking habits.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
And I dont wanna remind you that its kinda pointless comparing anything this game has with the stories and folklore most of us know ;) . Coz I dont recall reading about Arthur's knights roaming around Atlantis, and visiting the pyramid :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
And I dont wanna remind you that its kinda pointless comparing anything this game has with the stories and folklore most of us know ;) . Coz I dont recall reading about Arthur's knights roaming around Atlantis, and visiting the pyramid :p
Just another proof that Albion is the evil kingdom. Everyone knows that evil have no humour, imagination or sense of sarcasm. :)

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:

Well.

This all goes back to Cleopatra keeping some Arthurian lovers, thereby angering Rome. Of course you haven't heard any stories about big zergs at the pyramids - she let them ehm.. use the back entrance.

And yes, Cleopatra's offspring from these chance encounters are of course the exotic Saracen. Whereas the inbred Romans spawned Inconnu.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:

It breaks my heart to see this kinda thing.

Arthur and his knights actually went on their summer holidays to Atlantis every year. Gawaine was quoted as saying "Wohhh, dude this place is one big beach" when he first arrived in Stygia.

The sad truth is that the glory days of Arthur are long gone and when the current evil hegemony bullied their way to power of course the first thing they did was destroy all the histories of the realm. Your current histories are built on lies. Makes little birds cry to see you fallen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom