Which realm really is *the casting realm*

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
discuss, flame, and result in more whine than a wineyard.

my view:

hibs:

enchanter standard spec: after debuff hits for maybe 250/300 before debuff, 170 is lucky
mana ment ^^ same
light ment: 250 - 350
light chanter: 250-300
elds: 20 second recast nukes: 500+

albs:

i dunno, but the lowest an alb caster has ever hit me for is 400 averaging about 600/700 and they do tend to run with twice as many casters as the rest of us.

mids:

frequently been hit for 1000+ by mids :)

// i have capped resists and this is all on my shade :p

so... feel free to flame away for point out the obvious, but i fail to see how hibs can be classed as the caster realm when we blatently aren't

albs have the range, on the whole their classes out damage ours. mids out damage us by 2 fold

so please *prove me wrong*

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
sneakies said:

my view:

hibs:

enchanter standard spec: after debuff hits for maybe 250/300 before debuff, 170 is lucky

You play in Thidranki *please prove me wrong*

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
look...the damage difference is very small between the realms if the classes have similar equipment.

either the caster has a 179 baseline DD (most casters) or they have a 209 spec dd (most casters have this in 1 specline), or they have a 219 spec dd (runemaster and wizard)

aside from that, the notion that 1 realm should be a caster realm is long gone I think. DaoC is more or less a caster game at the moment - so basically the "caster realm" would be the best realm...the only thing you have tanks for these days is interrupting casters or bodyguarding casters :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
sneakies said:

my view:

hibs:

mana ment ^^ same

Have never been hit for that low from hib casters.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
you said:

"my view:

hibs:

<a load of bullcrap>

albs:

i dunno"

you dunno? shut up then

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Hibernia is the 'magic' realm. Meaning, that their lore feels influenced by magical stuff. This reflects in the game by pure melee classes having magical abilities like the Hero stag form, the Nightshades shouts ... and so on.

Midgard is the 'melee' realm. Similiar, there is more of a close combat taint in the lore. Gamewise it reflects in more melee classes and forinstance the song class being a hybrid tank/support, compared to the hybrid stealther/support and healer/support in Albion and Hibernia respectively.

Albion is the 'lovechild' realm. This means that the realm gets the best abilities of them all. Longest range. Best stealthers and usually the best attention of Mythic. This is also reflected in the population across the servers, where a majority of the players are attracted to the 'easy mode' realm.

DISCLAIMER: One of these descriptions is slightly biased. :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
To Thread poster-
An okay question but your 'Proof' is laughable.

a Realy Answer for you-
All realms are able to do the same sort of damage

Albion has 5 Caster class's (if you include necro as a caster) with Spread Utility. (i would say bad utility for Wizards but sorcs and cabbies more than make up for that)

Hibernia Has 4 Caster class's with greater Utility than that of albion

Midgard has 3 caster class's with Spread Utility.

All 3 realms have Debuff Nukers,and specline nukers (tho Hibernia's max is 209DD delv)

Soo my answer would be Albion, with hibernia not for off second.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
aside from that, the notion that 1 realm should be a caster realm is long gone I think. DaoC is more or less a caster game at the moment - so basically the "caster realm" would be the best realm...the only thing you have tanks for these days is interrupting casters or bodyguarding casters :p

u obvioulsy dont play very often atm, best hib group atm has 2 banelord bm's, slam hero & light eld set-up and is very effective

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
i think albion is superior, not that i know much about casterclasses in other realms, but in my best recollection albs have longest range, and range is what makes casters so great (imo) so... albs :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Albion is the 'lovechild' realm. This means that the realm gets the best abilities of them all. Longest range. Best stealthers and usually the best attention of Mythic. This is also reflected in the population across the servers, where a majority of the players are attracted to the 'easy mode' realm.

well it IS called dark age of CAMELOT not jordheim or dark age of TNN! :p

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Mordur said:
i think albion is superior, not that i know much about casterclasses in other realms, but in my best recollection albs have longest range, and range is what makes casters so great (imo) so... albs :)
Most spells have the same range on each realm.

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, as a previous post says, Hibernia is the magical realm, and it's reflected in the extra abilities of their various classes. Alb is the "tech" realm supposedly with their plate, longbows and other stuff that's better than everyone else's stuff - somehow I'd rather see their number of classes decrease so their current ones get a bit more UV personally. Mid is the melee realm.

However, with the advent of the "let's go stand in towers all day guys!" type warfare that NF has promoted most people want to play a ranged something. Albion, having the most number of classes with ranged stuff (necro (it counts!) / cabby / sorc / wizzie / theurg / scout (ok so scout doesn't really count for the purposes of this thread but someone will include it anyway) / some stuff I prolly missed) you're most likely going to see more of them than you would casters from midgard or hibernia. You also have to factor in the population numbers, Albion has over 1k more active accounts than Hib I believe - will go check Chronicles and update this later if I'm wrong - so you're bound to see the extra numbers reflected in stuff that nukes.

Finally, the numbers posted for nukes after a debuff are a bit on the low side. I'm pretty sure I used to get much larger figures with a rr3 chanter (thank you Mirgo for letting me use her to PL stuff!) when nuking stuff. Also you should factor in realm rank, a high realm rank spec nuker hurts. Lots. My blademaster can usually soak up a lot of damage from a body sorc or dark sm, but high realm rank ones seem to hurt a great deal more - Pbuck has nuked me for a steady 400+ per nuke before, can't remember if I had resists up or not. Also "pure" nukers (light eld/menty, wizzies, runies) seem to hurt a lot more than "utility" casters. No idea why, they just do.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:
u obvioulsy dont play very often atm, best hib group atm has 2 banelord bm's, slam hero & light eld set-up and is very effective

aye and remove the banelord on bm's and see how fun it is :p thats my point, bm = interrupt, hero=bodyguard

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:

my view:

hibs:
mana ment ^^ same

So, you're arguing with a secondary spec in light, a 50% debuff to their own damage, and +11 + RR spec in light, a enchanter hits for 250 damage. Cap damage on the nuke is 477 (without MoM), and with anything without cap resists and heat resists buffs you'll probably get pretty close.

My fire wizard (who needs ToA items mind you) can frequently get something like 249(-249) on most hib groups, with ok bolts on some casters. Lots of good groups often have friars for 24% heat buff, so that could be your problem :p

Not to mention, Hibernia is supposed to be the casting realm in backstory, as Midgard is the melee realm in its backstory. Just because you're the magic realm doesn't mean that your casters get to wtfpwn everyone, otherwise no one from Mid and Alb would ever play casters. Similarly with tanks and Midgard, and so on.

So, just because your light elds/chanters/mentalists are stuck in the same boat as non-self-debuffing chars from other realms doesn't mean you're not the "Magic realm".

Oki? :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
well it IS called dark age of CAMELOT not jordheim or dark age of TNN! :p

but it IS called the DARK AGE of Camelot not Jordheim or Tir Na Nog.

So Mids and Hibs should be in their happy days with the Tincans being in their dark times ... unless those times are dark for the albsies, but then I don't want to know what the Golden Age of Camelot was like.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
To Thread poster-
An okay question but your 'Proof' is laughable.

a Realy Answer for you-
All realms are able to do the same sort of damage

Albion has 5 Caster class's (if you include necro as a caster) with Spread Utility. (i would say bad utility for Wizards but sorcs and cabbies more than make up for that)

Hibernia Has 4 Caster class's with greater Utility than that of albion

Midgard has 3 caster class's with Spread Utility.

All 3 realms have Debuff Nukers,and specline nukers (tho Hibernia's max is 209DD delv)

Soo my answer would be Albion, with hibernia not for off second.

225dd on Animist and a 178aoe dd on Animist. And we can debuff our own Body nuke.

The problem is that they can be outrun. :p

Arboreal controlled turret has 204dd on it and Creeping fnf turrets has a 178dd on them.

We dont lose many duels. Only against Bards. :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
sneakies said:
hibs:

enchanter standard spec: after debuff hits for maybe 500-600 before debuff, 250-300 is lucky
mana ment 400s
light ment: 400-500s
light chanter: 400-500s(if no debuff)
elds: 20 second recast bolts: 500+

albs:

i dunno, but the lowest an alb caster has ever hit me for is 300s averaging about 400-600 without crits like the hib casters above and they do tend to run with twice as many casters as the rest of us: being biggest realm on server and having decent casters why wouldn't we?
mids:

frequently been hit for 1000+ by mids :) : i find this complete bullshit, mid casters do around the same damage as alb ones.

// i have capped resists and this is all on my shade :p : you can have 26% resists vs a darkness runie/fire wiz and they can still nuke you 500+ without crits and a debuff nuker slightly more maybe or around the same.

so... feel free to flame away for point out the obvious, but i fail to see how hibs can be classed as the caster realm when we blatently aren't: all casters in all realms are very equal overall.

albs have the range, on the whole their classes out damage ours. mids out damage us by 2 fold: only on sorc mezz and theurg pets, rest is the same

so please *prove me wrong*

Looks a bit more realistic now.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to hear from some of the hib pure casters ie: eldies chanters light ments before i post what my Ani's lifetap hits for (only worth while dd on Ani imo). ;)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
mids got Remiskemon of r0x , so id say mid is magic realm

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
as a body spec sorc my spec nuke (209) usually does about 300-500, this obviously depends on targets resists, i've mom3, 10% resist peircing and 5% spell dmg bonus if i have traldors on (9% when i get Nailah's xp'd :(), also the 10% from relics. I dont consider this all that good rly, i often get outdamaged in nukes by chanters/runies. If target gets body debuffed tho, i hit 678 all the time :p but that doesn't happen often. oh, i cast at 1.2 secs :clap:

obviously will hit higher with crits, get 700 ish sometimes

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:

Tbh, go back to vnboards.

-------------------------------

Edit: As for the topic, sneakies, read the list of spells on the herald, that will prove you wrong, there's no major difference in nuking between the three realms. Or more like, stop testing 'hib damage' duelling unbuffed lvl 45 casters :)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
It's not about magic and melee.

Hibernia is the good realm, where people play fair and everyone has a pure heart and heroic spirit.

Midgard is the ammoral realm. They are more or less animals and don't realise that what they do is wrong. They rarely wash.

Albion is the evil realm. People there are corrupt and hate sunlight. People move there because they don't have the spirit for Hib and are too scared of the animals of Mid.

As the name of the game says, it's "Dark Age of Camelot" and it's down to Hibernia to hold back the twisted masses spewing from the dark twisted heart that is Arthur's once fair city.

Proof (as if you needed any):

1) Albion has hordes. It's a well-known fantasy tradition that the good guys have to hold back the ugly hordes of the bad guys.

2) Albion has pre-technological versions of Daleks - half-men who encase themselves in weird metallic suits and go rampaging around shouting "Exterminate!"

3) All the Heroes live in Hibernia.

4) Albion has the most rogue classes and most people playing those classes. Rogue is just a euphemism for criminal scumbucket.

5) I've never met an Albion who tried to shake my hand or talk peace before he blew me to pieces.

6) Albion has Theurgists who summon elemental demons from the nether regions of Hell. Hibernia has Animists who summon lovable mushrooms from my garden.

7) Albion has weird, bug-eyed Inconnu, who are clearly an evil race. Hibernia has fun-loving little Luris who enhance our lives with the joy that they bring.

For further proof, I direct you to the vitriollic, hate-filled barrage penned by the Albion maniacs on this very forum.

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
albion is the caster realm cause it has the most power relics period.

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
It's not about magic and melee.

Hibernia is the good realm, where people play fair and everyone has a pure heart and heroic spirit.

Midgard is the ammoral realm. They are more or less animals and don't realise that what they do is wrong. They rarely wash.

Albion is the evil realm. People there are corrupt and hate sunlight. People move there because they don't have the spirit for Hib and are too scared of the animals of Mid.

As the name of the game says, it's "Dark Age of Camelot" and it's down to Hibernia to hold back the twisted masses spewing from the dark twisted heart that is Arthur's once fair city.

Proof (as if you needed any):

1) Albion has hordes. It's a well-known fantasy tradition that the good guys have to hold back the ugly hordes of the bad guys.

2) Albion has pre-technological versions of Daleks - half-men who encase themselves in weird metallic suits and go rampaging around shouting "Exterminate!"

3) All the Heroes live in Hibernia.

4) Albion has the most rogue classes and most people playing those classes. Rogue is just a euphemism for criminal scumbucket.

5) I've never met an Albion who tried to shake my hand or talk peace before he blew me to pieces.

6) Albion has Theurgists who summon elemental demons from the nether regions of Hell. Hibernia has Animists who summon lovable mushrooms from my garden.

7) Albion has weird, bug-eyed Inconnu, who are clearly an evil race. Hibernia has fun-loving little Luris who enhance our lives with the joy that they bring.

For further proof, I direct you to the vitriollic, hate-filled barrage penned by the Albion maniacs on this very forum.

Hehe that will teach em :)

The funny thing is there is a lot of truth in it realy... :cheers:

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
"Hibernia has fun-loving little Luris who enhance our lives with the joy that they bring."

Yes, when they turn those disco lights of doom on right where I am I laugh myself to death every time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom