Which realm has the best Hybrid?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
lol

paladins are best - because they are only ones who can get in regular groups - they are needed in their realm, unlike thanes and champions - who can be replaced easily, and bring very little to a group which cannot be done better

Himse

FH is my second home
why does all slate thanes? any good thane can pwn a champ :p

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Would vote on champ myself, but Thanes can wreck just as much havoc if played right. Most Champs seems to be LW, and nearly all Thanes are S/S. 42 shield and hammer specced, and you can use shit loads of Provokes. If your allowed to slam a champ, you can severly hurt em.

Utility based, then pallies come into the better view. Solo i still vote Champ/Thane ^^

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
People always overlook thanes :(

I never had problems with other classes 1v1.. then again, that's a rarity.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
btw: i'm currently RR6L1, shield champ, BM ML8.

yes peeps like me in groups :)
yes i'm hard to kill :)
and yes.. i have debuffs and enough ra's to grind any other hybrid into dust if i meet them. not to mention certain other classes.

i look forward to a fight with a thane solo... set time and place, will invite my family round to laugh :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
etcetra said:
And I find Mincers easy, simple as that. Aslong as they don't stun me twice and zephyr me. Then I might have some problems killing them. :eek: Atleast with RA's down.

lol try to fight mincers who is higher then RR3 then :p

I haven't lost to a Thane yet on my mincer :p

just purge the slam and they can't really do much to u :)

bjorne

Fledgling Freddie
I can´t remember ever beeing beaten by a solo champ... not even close.. and im just a skald. My vote goes to Thane or reaver. I would like to see Pin(Whyp) vs Ilaya ... Whos betting on champ ???

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
Champs beat all in a 1 on 1. Debuffs are the best thing ever. It's not what damage you do with the weapon, but the debuffs and dd's that kill your enemy.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
VWs (with ml8 battlemaster) can be quite a useful addition to a group, reasnoble melee damage with several insta interrupts and the same LT as animists. Scythe growth rates are some of the largest out there, there's also the lvl 25 style thing for pissing off archers.

Reavers next patch will be rather godly every 15 mins or so provided they are ml8 banelords and rr5, although the patch after that puts soul quench on the spirit resist table and twf gets (rightly) nerfed.

Champs next patch will be able to hit for sick damage, provided they are ml10 banelords and rr5, so far that combo hasn't been nerfed.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Khefru said:
Champs beat all in a 1 on 1. Debuffs are the best thing ever. It's not what damage you do with the weapon, but the debuffs and dd's that kill your enemy.

well i've fought a fair few champs in my time with my Friar. all have been LW spec'd.

I've won more than i've lost. Thanes have just been easy ( my first ever solo lvl 50 kill too). Vw's are strange, sometimes i'll own them soo easy, others they will Wtfpwn me with them it's more 50 -50.

worst drawback as a friar is not haveing dex as a primary - secondary - thrid stat that raises :( .. stupid mythic.

but as for who i'd go for , it would prob be a reaver.
I have a champ on pry ( only lvl 41) but still does decent dmg. Once Det becomes available to all classes we will see how they fair =)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Khefru said:

Hmmm. You forgetting something.

A Reaver will debuff your dps to that of a green con, whilst putting you in cloth armour. He will then proceed to smack the living shite out of you. That's why Reavers don't lose to champs. I can dish out far more damage, both melee and magic than a champ ever will. ;)

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, reavers are rock hard, and shield>LW, especially with the poo WS champs have. That said a dex/qui debuff works wonders on someones ability to block, still I'd say reaver>champ>thane, at least Whyp>me every time I met him (tho that's a long long time ago :) )

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Paladins are hell to meet in my experience, wether grouped or solo. If they know their stuff of course.
As for the thanes they beat me silly solo, but then again I'm a skald so pets can usually wtfpwn me. And the mental aspect of Mjollnering 1+ fg is highly underestimated :)

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:
a SB cant beat a pally, unless hes utterly retarded, and got no RAs what so ever.
agree
i was playing my lvl 24ish pally on andred, just finished fighting a fiend in df was on 50% hp I was sat resting. A red con SB attacked me so that would make him lvl 28+?, I sent him back to his bindstone in a bodybag. He must of missed his style attacks or was useless.

One of my best moments in daoc, unfortunately he came back and felt the need to attack me when i was in combat with a lillispawn, oh well

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
There are a lot of retarded, high rr pallys who dont know how to buy ra's then :)

Seriously, they are tough fights with long dance but you do beat some, not all as sb. Unless your evade is on holiday.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i aint LW spec though Eredrin.. and thats why i beat the living shit outta Whyp last time i saw him... with 2 more albs on my back at same time..

didnt u read my earlier post? i PLAY reaver on pryd.. CHAMPS > REAVERS

damage output means NOTHING to me with wpn.. AC means NOTHING to me with parry and block.. MY debuffs and dd.. different matter.

i have so many bastard reactives i wish peeps WOULD hit me from time to time just to make my job easier.

come fight me. bet i'll be the only one solo and without buffs though. wimps.

CHAMPS >> all. dont make me prove it.. it'll hurt.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing except a BD/SM/NS have killed my Paladin so far.

Must be doing something wrong if Paladins are so gimped and supposed to die :(

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
i aint LW spec though Eredrin.. and thats why i beat the living shit outta Whyp last time i saw him... with 2 more albs on my back at same time..

damage output means NOTHING to me with wpn.. AC means NOTHING to me with parry and block.. MY debuffs and dd.. different matter.

i have so many bastard reactives i wish peeps WOULD hit me from time to time just to make my job easier.

Ilaya.. my guess (as a former lurichamp of Hibernia) is you are around 2000ish hp buffed?.. 1 zephyr 2dds and a few ragnaroks later your hp should be sub-zero.

pre FZ id say champ>skald.. but now its the other way around imo.

For lw champs bd's and necros are very tough..pallys aswell. Minstrels and other stealthers are usually easy to kill even when you are unbuffed and they are buffed (alpha being the exception here :p)

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:

Sounds like we are abit self-confident. Maybe in 1v1 unbuffed champ kills everything, buth with buffbot buffs i doubt it. Also maybe in a pure "stick, meleemode, afk" duel, but if the attacker knows what strafeing/running thru is champ would prolly go down to fast to have good use of the dds

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
i aint dueled many reavers lately but i aint lost to a reaver in a duel yet (whenreaver aint buffed that is) they would kick my ass if fulyl buffed tho. as do all fully buffed hybrid tanks. thanes shield is a bastard to get past for me.... champs debuffs hurt me like fook also..

if your talking self buffed only and no BB buffs then IMO friar all the way!

if u consider them all fully bb buffed then i reckon reaver > thane > champ chuck skalds .valewalkers . friar in in any order after them. altho most skalds are easy rp's for a friar. but the likes of zioa is a bitch n hits hard :)

just because they spec high shield and biatch to get past and slam and there rear styles hurt (been hit by zioa for 800'ish in the past :( ) n yes i got max melee resists.

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
If you've been slammed by a skald.. we are not playing the same game :p

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Yaemon said:
If you've been slammed by a skald.. we are not playing the same game :p
zioa always mezz's and then goes for rear style :)

i actually like it when a thane / warrior slams me ealry cos then i can graple him if im not dead before it wears off and heal myself :) hence his slam not much sue till immunity has gone.pain in the ass if they slam later in the fight tho. most the good shield classes save slam for later in fight. the noobs slam straight away in a 1v1

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
if u consider them all fully bb buffed then i reckon reaver > thane > champ chuck skalds .valewalkers . friar in in any order after them.

Fully buffed and same RR I would put my money on a Valewalker. Most underrated toon out there. Certainly the only 2-handed user I know that can reliably beat a DW/CD char.

VW vs Reaver would be a close call for the top spot imo. With equal buffs and RA's the VW shaves it...just ;)

Kpax

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
zioa always mezz's and then goes for rear style :)

i actually like it when a thane / warrior slams me ealry cos then i can graple him if im not dead before it wears off and heal myself :) hence his slam not much sue till immunity has gone.pain in the ass if they slam later in the fight tho. most the good shield classes save slam for later in fight. the noobs slam straight away in a 1v1
I dont recommend you to grapple thane in this situation, you are still will not be able to heal yourself because thane will interupt you with his instas or even castable dd :)

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Kpax said:
I dont recommend you to grapple thane in this situation, you are still will not be able to heal yourself because thane will interupt you with his instas or even castable dd :)

you'd be suprised how many people dont realise they can cast when grappled :) most stand there like monkeys waiting to be killed.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
i dueld a rr8 champion once with my reaver when i was rr6-7, was a damn close fight, he was LW i think, but i won, and never had any problems vs a champion at all

fiontan

Fledgling Freddie
Can't talk for this patch, but before toa, good wellspecced/equipped and high RR champs beat everything 1 on 1 - not only hybrids, but also heavy tanks, savages and everything. They were not given determination which was why they left the rvr scene more or less. Cuthervaen and Lofff(wnkr!) made process short with any duel opponent (cuther won the duel tournament if u remember :p). I duelled lofff many times with bm and hero and got completely humiliated every time. How some friar here claim he kill all champs is really weird, both champs above normally 2-3shotted friars, even quicksilver and other high rr ones :p. A champ assist train completely instakilled 1st opponent with debuff+DDs+hit but as said....no determination. If euro NF doesnt become keep-only like in us, high rr champs gonna be very viable again now that they get a big RA boost (unfortunately for us, they been gimped so long that almost no high rr ones gonna be available :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom