Which realm has the best Heavy Tank?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
my armsman is going 50xbow so he can be a crap scout instead of a crap warrior/hero ;) (ooh bitter!)

that and he looks funny.

OK ok they're not bad if played well, just nothing special :( poor armsmen.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If your going to ask who has the best heavy tank, you need to at least say for what job?

Tanks are flexible and either have to kill or defend or do a bit of both, some are better at each job then the other.

You want a bodyguard/guard/slam bot? then defensive hero with hit points up to the eyeballs is best.

Offensive killers? Then mercs/pure polers will do most damage.

Bit of both? Warriors can easily perform both tasks without losing anything to either.

So it depends what you want to which answer applies.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Kalba said:
Just get Kagato to your group and he'll tell you that with a bit behind class you can still do great things ;)

Its not a BIT behind class, its a FAAAAAR behind class....

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
You want a bodyguard/guard/slam bot? then defensive hero with hit points up to the eyeballs is best.

I have yet to see who kills the bodyguarder instead of picking another support class (druid, healers,...). So dont think hps is rly important for a defensive tank.

OH well, cept were talking about 2 savages assist train with fast F8 target skills :p

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
warriors and Heros have no competition for the defensive tank role, while armsmen are up against pallies...

This is so madly fecked up, really I have no idea what was mythic thinking.

Well, if they were thinking at all when making the class roles.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
On a 1v1 Basis Warrior > Hero > Arms

Group basis Warrior - Hero > Arms

Styles Hero > Warrior - Arms

As mentioned before, its not Double speccing which is the Problem. It's the lack of reward for double speccing which Hurts Armsmen. If they were simply rewarded for each point spent in a base weapon damage then the Armsman class it's self could hold its own again and wouldnt matter if it was Pure s/s - hybrid - Full 2h / Pole.

Such Bonus's would be as follows for ever point spend in Base weapon until 50:

1 Base weapon Points adds
- .5% to by pass Shield
- .5% To Penetrate BT
- .25% Chance To Crit < Like a Base Mop that stacks with Mop>
- .25% Chance to Increase Swing speed on each consecutive Hit < a haste effect but you must hit to build up speed until 20% Haste>
- .25% Chance to Snare Enemy no matter Position < A base but not as effective PF ^^>
- .25% increase in parry Skill meaing 12.5% more chance to parry to off set Hybrid or Full offense lack of Defence.

For Example if an Armsman was to spec 50 2h 50 Slash he would automatically get

25% base chance to penetrate bt
25% base chance to by pass block
12.5% base Mop for Crits
Possible 20% haste on Consecutive swings
12.5% Chance to Snare enemy whether its to peel a tank off support or slow the MA's Target
12.5% + 5% base chance to parry on top of his spec giving him better defence.

While I dont think all of these would / Should be implemented < Oh would I love that xD> But If even some of these were brought in it would Make the Armsman a Very Viable Class, Whether they wer a Full s/s As they get things like + to crit dmg , a any position PF , self haste + Defence etc or for the Hybrid who would take advantage to a certain Degree with all the abilities as he should or the Fully Offensive Arms gets Full dmg Potential and increased groupability.

So Really the problem with Armsmen is not Double speccing, in fact it should be our salvation. It's the Lack of Reward for double speccing that is the problem ^^

Oh and a .75% Chance to 1 shot with Xbow for ever point spend in xbow xD

-Just for Jimmy mate \o/

< Yes I know some mercs and other ppl will prob cry about it making ther class shit or how overpowered it would be but I did say some not all and its only a suggestion after all and Armsen really do need a boost of some kind ^^>

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
On the basis of individual merits (which has the best way of speccing):
Warrior > Hero > Arms

Over the course of the game (which I would mst liked to have rolled at release):
Hero > Arms > Warrior

Warrior's are the most rounded class imo, but have been screwed by the number of awesome classes mids have to fit into a grp.
Hero's have a better way of speccing than arms but worse than warrior's, however, have always had a slot in a decent hib set up.
Armsman were for a long time the best offensive (pole) and defensive (s/s) tank in albion, but mercs got fixed and pally's got end. They have the worst way of speccing.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Jimmeh said:
warrior > hero .... dont even bother with armsmen.
if you must stun just use a small shield + slam , annhilation is hard to use when people face you or strafe etc...
i dont agree, back pos is easy to pull of even if ppl face/stick whatever :p

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
and @ the styles id rather have polearm/alb 2h/hibb lw styles over hammer or sword or axe :p

armsman 2h:

snare #1 back pos.
7sec stun #2 back pos.
snare #1 side pos.
9sec stun #2 side pos.

also with soldiers barricade i wouldnt say armsmen are that bad as you try to make them :p (now with a nice race aswell - halfogre - ).

However, most group setups in albion dont "need" an heavy tank, and as they are competeing against paladins aswell....

**** also annih > slam, extremely high tohit, never seems to "miss" either :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
and @ the styles id rather have polearm/alb 2h/hibb lw styles over hammer or sword or axe :p

armsman 2h:

snare #1 back pos.
7sec stun #2 back pos.
snare #1 side pos.
9sec stun #2 side pos.

also with soldiers barricade i wouldnt say armsmen are that bad as you try to make them :p (now with a nice race aswell - halfogre - ).

However, most group setups in albion dont "need" an heavy tank, and as they are competeing against paladins aswell....

**** also annih > slam, extremely high tohit, never seems to "miss" either :)

Thats fine till all realms get access to soldiers barricade, and then what does an armsman offer ? nothing unique at all, and in NF SB does not stack with any other absorb buff either if im not mistaken.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
1.72 Armsmen get stealth so that we can't be targetted for /laugh spam :D

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
In RvR, the heavy tank is almost never required to deal damage now, so as far as I can see, the only thing needed is 50 blades/swords/slash, 50 sheild and 28 parry. All 3 have det 5, MoBlock, FA, Grapple and BG. Take that into account and when you realise that a warrior does about 3 X the damage a hero does with a 1 hand weapon, you see warriors are the best tank. Hero has the worst armour, arms has the best.

If you want a heavy tank for damage as well as guard duties, the warrior starts to leap miles into the front. 50 swords and 50 sheild still where as the Hero has to go 50 LW, 50 sheild loosing lost of weapon skill when equiped with a sheild. Moose is so over rated too. The times its saved me in RvR over the last 2 years I can count on 1 hand. As for armsman hybryd speccing, I just don't like the look of it.

IMO Warrior>>>>>>by a looooooooong way>>>>>>>Hero>>>>>>Armsman.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Karam tbh - he used to one-shot zergs with one swing of his polearm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom