censi

Can't get enough of FH
Hib Hero
Alb Armsman
Mid Warrior

Discuss reasons

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
warrior in mid group has a healer with insta heals and zephyr and sorc cannot help a defenceless armsman that much :(

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts with MoB2 :D

ok, serious now ...

autotrained Half-Ogre Armsman with +10str/con/dex from creation.

specced :
50 Pole, 50 Shield, 29 Slash, 11 Parry and 4 Crossbow for Jimmy-wannabe
EWUL dmg !

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I am sure we all agree arms is the worst... :(

Greenfingers said:
Scouts with MoB2 :D

ok, serious now ...

autotrained Half-Ogre Armsman with +10str/con/dex from creation.

specced :
50 Pole, 50 Shield, 29 Slash, 11 Parry and 4 Crossbow for Jimmy-wannabe
EWUL dmg !

try first. When you will be evaded by a bard you are going to really cry irl!!

And why 50 shield 29slash? reduce shield (42prolly) and give more to slash to increase average pole damage and ws when 1h...

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well its Warrior>hero>arms without a doubt if ur just counting them on their own.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Warrior (higher ws and no double speccing) > Hero (no double speccing and moose) > Armsman (SoB and plate) - though in truth not much in it.

Main problem is not so much in comparing across the realms, but the competition within the realm. All realms have better offensive options, but warriors and Heros have no competition for the defensive tank role, while armsmen are up against pallies...

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
warrior IMO although hero is not far behind, armsman is far and away the worst - primarily due to the double speccing issue

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
FEAR MY SNAPSHOT

Armsman isn't extremely bad, but is totally nerfed by mythic. I was specced s/s and won most of my honest solo fights vs other tanks. although, it was hard to find honest solo tankfights, cause u don't find many unbuffed tanks solo.
I once fought with a warrior, i was rr5, he rr3 and i ended the fight with 95% HP. Winning vs hero was always close, i won, i lost, because the shapeshift gave always extra hp and all.
I won most of my fights vs skalds, only lost vs rr8+.
Was able to kill a rr4 savage, but that was extremely close.
Although, i always got p-owned by blademasters.
Fighting vs casters wasn't easy, but doable cause of my slam, only really hards were sm's, cause of intercepting pet, and chanter, cause of stun+healing pet.
But still i wouldn't anyone advise rolling an armsman, cause it's hard to get groups.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Greatest problem with armsmen are paladins and mercs tbh. Going shield specc as arms you got paladin offering more. Going 2h or pole you got mercs offering better and more stable damage. If armsman had the warrior flexibility of 1 specc 1h and 2h together it might have had a chance but still slim.

With NF coming, and SoB given to heros and warriors too and when warriors and heros get so useful new class RAs and armsman gets shafted once more with Snapshot the gap increases even more...:(

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
If armsman had the warrior flexibility of 1 specc 1h and 2h together it might have had a chance but still slim.

Armsman effectively can - and you're right, it don't make any difference ;)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
What about Paladin?

aren't they considered as a heavy tank?

No, they are hybrids.

Bracken said:
Armsman effectively can - and you're right, it don't make any difference ;)

Well, arms could try hybrid but it won't even close to warrior.
Just compare the classic warrior setup of 50 weapon, 50 shield rest parry with the regular 50 2h or pole, 42 shield and 39 weapon. Not even close in result and if you then add the increased weaponskill warriors have along with the fact they had trolls from start and we got troll like race with TOA you can see some not satisfying result.

In the end, tbh, just combine armsmen and paladins and make 1 class and be over with it. Will lower our class number by 1 and lower the idea that we got more classes...

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
hero > warrior imo, cause of 9sec back pos stun style with same growth rate as ragnarok (and 1h specc doesnt really matter in rvr imo)

Jimmeh

Fledgling Freddie
warrior > hero .... dont even bother with armsmen.
if you must stun just use a small shield + slam , annhilation is hard to use when people face you or strafe etc...

Arlone

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmeh said:
warrior > hero .... dont even bother with armsmen.
if you must stun just use a small shield + slam , annhilation is hard to use when people face you or strafe etc...
well how often do people /face heroes in RvR? =) Unless you're talking about 1on1s Annihilation is just as easy to land as slam. People tend to do their thing and not worry to much about what the little luri is doing behind them with an LW loaded ;)

On excal ... warrior > hero tho (probably cause of relics tho). Having slash-weak armour kinda sucks too :\

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Just get Kagato to your group and he'll tell you that with a bit behind class you can still do great things ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
warrior hero kinda equal imo, arms is sadly negated by paladin and doublespecing.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
omg what was i thinking

xbow armsman > warrior > hero > normal arms

Tribone

Fledgling Freddie
hero imo with IP, Moose, etc etc

Not saying that just cuz im a hero :drink:

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
isnt a single reason to include an armsman in a grp... utterly useless class tbh

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well hero and warrior are about equal becausue they're both a good addition to any group, armsman just doesn't have any bonuses over pally/friar (bg) or merc (offensive tank)

solo heavy tank it's probably warrior > hero > armsman

group utility it's warrior & hero > armsman

weapon styles hero > armsman/warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom