Misc Which of the following do you trust the least?

Which of the following do you trust the least?

• Bankers

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Politicians

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Police

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Journalists / Media

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Estate Agents

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Lawyers

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I for one do not mistrust the legal profession. They are governed by strict rules of conduct and practice (at least here in the UK). Yes, there are a number of rotten apples, but there are in every profession. I don't wholly approve of the morality of the ambulance chasers, but they're a damn sight more trustworty than their US counterparts.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol that's harsh Deebs, I'd say the big Chill is more diplodocus than apatosaurus size, and your enhanced nasal volume would never fit in him a 100 times! 50 maybe. on a good day ;)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
LOL lamp, strict rules of conduct, it's just a money making machine based on the monopolising argument to the nth degree of lunacy, they argue amongst themselves, then spend all our cash in the bar together laughing it up.
There's a bar in Liverpool that's covered in famous quotes deriding the profession, it covers about 1000 years of people being fucked over by fucking-fucking lawyers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Finland politics seems fine at the moment. I heard it stands between "gay pekka haavisto" and sauli niinistö who is totally from right wing.

True, it's either a gay president or a "ladyman" president ala Clinton. Interesting times :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the scandinavian countries are theoretically very free from "corruption" personally i just think they have found legal ways to screw the system or they havent been caught yet :p

At least bankers are honest "we want your money, and we dont want to help you"

politicians are lying scumbags "we want your money and we want to help you, but when push comes to shove, we wont help you, but will vote for a payrise for ourselves, i mean COME ON the gravy boat is running low!"

police tend to be underfunded, underpaid, undertrained and overworked, so i have some sympathy for them

a lot of the media and lawyers are just a bunch of blood sucking parasites that along with bankers seem to be a "neccesary" evil at the moment

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There's an old saying that anyone who wants to go into politics should be immediately banned from doing so. The Romans knew that; when they first started out politics was something you did as a civic duty and for a limited time; it was when they started to get "professional" politicians like Julius Ceasar that it all started to go wrong.

Funnily enough the politicians I tend to believe are honest are usually the ones I disagree with the most politically. I loathe Dennis Skinner and Tony Benn's politics, but I actually think the pair of them are as honest as the day is long, whereas I can't think of a single Tory I'd trust as far as I could throw them, despite my generally right leaning stance.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was going to put politicians but having had personal experience of brit journo's I would trust them the least. Journo's > Politicians > Estate Agents. Never had issues with Lawyers.

georgie

FH is my second home
True, it's either a gay president or a "ladyman" president ala Clinton. Interesting times :p

Are you insinuating that Bill's got an eye for the women or that Hillary is packing between her legs?;)

Himse

FH is my second home
Politicians, they cannot answer a question properly, just evading and dancing around the question.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I suppose you could say this with a lot of the professions above....but do you know why Journalism and Journalists in the Sun/Daily Fail/Darth Murdoch exist?

Because idiots pay for them to do so.

If people took the time to find good journalism and ignore the bad stuff then it would go away.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is not a single paper in the UK that is not written by utter plankton. Maybe the Telegraph at times but that is it.

The Guardian, chock full of left wing paranoia and bullshit
Daily Mail, chock full of lunacy, sprinkled with bullshit
The Sun, chock full of bullshit, dressed as trivia
The Star, poor mans Sun, bullshit
The Times, chock full of bullshit
The Express, chock full right wing bullshit

etc

The TV news isn't much better, desperately chasing a disaster to unfold and hoping it does so, so they can shout at the screen about peoples misery

As for the websites, they are so badly written half the time because they want to "post first" that they aren't worth bothering with at all.

Just for once I would like them to print the facts, not the facts twisted to suit their political leaning or to please their owners.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
There is not a single paper in the UK that is not written by utter plankton. Maybe the Telegraph at times but that is it.

The Guardian, chock full of left wing paranoia and bullshit
Daily Mail, chock full of lunacy, sprinkled with bullshit
The Sun, chock full of bullshit, dressed as trivia
The Star, poor mans Sun, bullshit
The Times, chock full of bullshit
The Express, chock full right wing bullshit

etc

The TV news isn't much better, desperately chasing a disaster to unfold and hoping it does so, so they can shout at the screen about peoples misery

As for the websites, they are so badly written half the time because they want to "post first" that they aren't worth bothering with at all.

Just for once I would like them to print the facts, not the facts twisted to suit their political leaning or to please their owners.

Frankly even the Telegraph can be full of crap sometimes too, I find the most interesting parts the comments section, always nice to see a newspaper that allows their writers to express their own opinions (even if they disagree with each other or the papers own view)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom