Which duo?

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
I am thinking again about using the two US accounts I've bought, but cannot decide which two characters to go with. At the moment I am thinking about either:

Hibernia - Enchantments Enchanter & Nurt/Reg Druid

or

Albion - Spirit Cabalist & Enh/Rej Cleric

Starting from Lvl 1, which duo would be the best to PVE to Lvl 50 with, and once there, which would enable me to get them both kitted out the easiest?

I have my own ideas but would welcome your views.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
mana chanter + nurt/reg druid imo would be the fastest and easiest to kit out.

enchantments/mana hybrid chanter+bard would possibly be slightly faster though.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Matter cabby/cleric
Mana chanter/druid

Both will level very fast. I'd say the chanter would be slightly easier to kit out simply because you'll be able to get the PB spot in groups.
Depends which realm you want to play on most I guess.

As an example both these duo's at 20 in the /level gear should be able to chain 3/4 reds at a time.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
a buffed chanter r0x a cabby 10x times.

pbae combines with focus(dmg) shiled in the same specc line.
target stun and debuff+single nuke.

compared to a caba that just has a pet with focus and some single nukes.

with tinder boxes and eventually fop u will be able to farm most stuff you need exept the stuff you will need 1fg+ for (mls a few of the artis and higher cl lvls).

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
SM would twat both of them to be honest when hooked up with a shaman (buffs and frigs)..

Out of those two I'd go for chanter, I have both a Chanter and a Cabalist and although I prefer playing my cabalist I think the chanter was far, far easier to level mostly down to stun and PB for groups.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah if I was going that route I'd go chanter/shaman. Shaman has disease and HOT which are both bloody handy!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
So on a PvE or PvP server, enchanter + shaman ?

Darzil

Summoning SM + friar on a PvE/PvP server.

Base buffs from friar, spec pet buffs from the SM and a heal proc that goes off one in 4 hits!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Cabby has pet recycle which would make it faster(alot less downtime) than both Chanter and SM if you don't have access to FoP or Tinders (and even then it's faster).
Ofc if you are grouping alot the SM/Chanter would be better with PBAE but duo with a Buffbot deffo a Cabby.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I know this isnt one of the options but never the less, what do you guys thinks about this duo:

Aug shaman with red end reg and Valk speced 39 sword 42 shield 50 Mending? Healing from bot will never be needed, especialy not with Dex, D/Q from the BB, the Block rate will be rather good. The Red end reg will see to it that you can non-stop pull.

I had some plans to make a valks with that spec.. Im not totaly sure it was 50 mending right now, have to check the spell liberary to be sure.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Summoning SM + friar on a PvE/PvP server.

Base buffs from friar, spec pet buffs from the SM and a heal proc that goes off one in 4 hits!

If I was REALLy pushed into a pet class duo I'd probably go SM/Cleric or Necro/Cleric. Cabalist pet recycling would get old fast, rebuffing a pet every 5 mins is hardly fun. A SM/Friar duo would probably be the most "fun" as you have two very good level 50 chars and can rvr with either..

I do love the Cabalists utility once 50 though, currently doing CLs on mine on Prydwen :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Cabby has pet recycle which would make it faster(alot less downtime) than both Chanter and SM if you don't have access to FoP or Tinders (and even then it's faster).

With current power regen rates you'd be able to get the power back faster by simply sitting down than you would recycling the pet then having to buff it up again. The number of mobs that drop tinders these days, there's pretty much zero reason not to have them.

Death

Fledgling Freddie
necro/cleric would be the fastest no down time, and a necro, necro can do alot of artis and with a good template are really affective in rvr.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Just tested playing necro in RvR a couple of times and it was pure pain. Range is counted from your pet, so do you move forward to get into casting range, you will have to move a bit more to "drag" the pet in aswell. If you are used to casters, you will find that irritating as it screws up your feeling for range and you find your self lose opotuneties of first strike. I think I red somewhere that the necros insta cast LT will have enlarged range, that is realy needed.. The "melee" range LT is good help to interupt a caster standing next to you, but makes you dead meat on longer range as your pet is a blue con and will go down fast against a caster (realy loved fighting necros with my RM, especialy as they never came running to hit me and just staning still when the pet got interupted).

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
When I was playing my enchanter on Hib/Excal I lvl'ed up 1-50 together with a Nurture Druid and it was amazing fast + lots of fun. It's awesome to pull 10+ yellow/oj's and watch them drop all together. I wouldn't wait for the focus to drop them, when the mobs were below 40% I would just go and pbaoe. 1 or 2 casts would do the job and it's a lot more fun and power effecient than just waiting till the focus drops the mobs.

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
we level from 4 toons from lvl 1 in 1 day and 13 hours played to 50 and some artis setup whas mana menta + druid +chanter+bard

whas awsome pulling 10+ mobs all red+purp

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah if I was going that route I'd go chanter/shaman. Shaman has disease and HOT which are both bloody handy!

Its a Frigg isn't it?

Ultimate farm technique is a Mana Mentalist for HoT's, Necro for dmg shield, Verd Animist for 20 Second abs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom