Which do you use? Browser poll

What is your main browser?

• Total voters

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So Chrome's fairly established now, and we've had more updates from FF.

Which are you using as you main browser now?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Until a week or so ago it was Firefox but now I am back on IE. Firefox has developed a horrible habit of locking up, the refresh circle goes black and stops loading the page then you need to kill Firefox to get it working

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Order of preference: Firefox > Chrome > Safari > IE

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Until a week or so ago it was Firefox but now I am back on IE. Firefox has developed a horrible habit of locking up, the refresh circle goes black and stops loading the page then you need to kill Firefox to get it working

Yep, FF is just anus scabs.

Gonna give Chrome a look.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Opera user here. I've been using it since version 6.4, which was a very long time ago.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So are you going to change your vote then G?

old.user4556

I will.... once I've had a few days of Chrome slickness.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Firefox. Chrome is just a webkit variant that leverage's googles server farm.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Firefox. Chrome is just a webkit variant that leverage's googles server farm.
Only if you don't turn off some settings "Under the bonnet".

Chrome here since Firefox updated to v4. FF4 broke a number of things for me, mainly involving Flash image viewers showing black windows. Once I knew Chrome had equivalent plugins for AdBlock, ForecastFox, Xmarks/Lastpass and mouse gestures, I switched. I've not looked back since. Before the tinfoil hat brigade get upset, I trade off G getting some stats in exchange for an auto-updating browser with integrated Flash and PDF viewer.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just started using Chrome and I much prefer it over Firefox

FF locks up for no apparent reasons and Chrome doesn't. I still always stream in FF tho

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not talking about stats, etc. I'm simply pointing out that that Mozilla can't compete with things like Sync speed because they don't have googles infrastructure.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I have used a mix of Chrome and IE, although voted IE since I'm on it again after I hit a small snag on chrome.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Firefox and Opera. Actually prefer Opera, but just not used to it and not sure if it's got the same options/addons.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
But which do you use the most, which is your first choice when browsing at home?

Seriously, all of them. I probably use FF most by default, but that's because I'm too lazy to switch over to one of the others full time, and they all have little niggles; Chrome is great but I don't like the lack of drop down URL history; I use IE when I want to watch Sky Go for the footie etc because Silverlight is wonky on FF, and I use Opera when I'm looking for torrents because it has native torrent handling. If anything FF is probably the one I should abandon because its definitely the least reliable.

TBH I've been in the habit of switching between browsers for years just to check work, and its crossed over into my personal browsing; I even do it on my Tab, sometimes I'll use the native browser, sometimes I'll use Dolphin or Opera mini.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Chrome.

Works nicely with Keychain on OS X, built in developer tools are great, and it's consistently fast without locking up which Firefox occasionally suffers from.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Like Zenith, Chrome since FF4. Really couldn't get on with it, I found it far too much of a CPU hog and it locked up too much.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It was Firefox until a couple of days ago, gave that shit the boot cause I'm sick to death of it locking up for seemingly no reason what so ever. Trying Chrome out, and it's a tonne faster so far.

Will

/bin/su
Real men use a text-based browser like w3m, and craft their replies in vi.

Though when I'm not flagellating myself with ancient technology, I use Iceweasel, which is the Debian version of Firefox. Like DaGaffer, I'm pretty browser-neutral nowadays. I do tend towards opensource browsers where available.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
IE & FF, but mainly IE 9 atm

Syri

FH is my second home
Currently Firefox. Not had any major issues with it, and when I've tried Chrome, I just couldn't get used to the layout, especially it's lack of any kind of bookmarks menu. I might give it another look some time, but likely only if I encounter any problems with firefox.

old.user4556

Chrome is working out very nicely for me. Simple and uncluttered.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Only if you don't turn off some settings "Under the bonnet".

Chrome here since Firefox updated to v4. FF4 broke a number of things for me, mainly involving Flash image viewers showing black windows. Once I knew Chrome had equivalent plugins for AdBlock, ForecastFox, Xmarks/Lastpass and mouse gestures, I switched. I've not looked back since.

Before the tinfoil hat brigade get upset, I trade off G getting some stats in exchange for an auto-updating browser with integrated Flash and PDF viewer.

This, pretty much.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Use other.

Cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom