which curry to pick

S

Suckerpunch

Deepest darkest Staffordshire. But we're all men round here and drink Yards of Vindaloo sauce for breakfast.

Or Something.

X

xane

Chicken Korma, Sag Aloo, Plain/Garlic Naan - yummy :)

M

mank!

Originally posted by xane
Chicken Korma, Sag Aloo, Plain/Garlic Naan - yummy :)

korma sauce + naan = mop-up job. win win win!

W

Wij

Originally posted by Suckerpunch
Deepest darkest Staffordshire. But we're all men round here and drink Yards of Vindaloo sauce for breakfast.

Or Something.

Do they actually have asians in staffs ?

T

Testin da Cable

I like tandori(sp?) lamb and the tikka masala types. plenty of rice and some garlic naans. I don't like the vindaloo style stuff, but I can eat (and enjoy) a hefty spiced curry every now and then

M

moomin

popadoms

2 or 3?

and what else can you get besides the mango, the mint and the salsa spicy biatch.

list please and best

T

Trebz

Chicken Tikka Makhani and a Garlic Naan. Dreamy.

Never actually managed to find this anywhere other than sainsburies. Once ordered a Makhari and it was some creamy korma style crap, ugh!

K

kameleon

If you want hot to see how hard you are drink chilli sauce out of the bottle, if you want a spicy meal so that you can actually taste and identify what it is you are eating go for a Bhuna or a madras.

Edit: If you authentic indian cooking come to the curry mile in Manchester , where they will cook meals that will make your tastebuds cry with delight

U

-Ultimate

This Saturday night i will mostly be eating.....

chicken Tikka Balti
mushroom pilau rice
2 popadoms

mmm mmmmmmmmm:D

M

mank!

The Indian near me is really quite nice, dunno what it's called actually :/

W

Wij

You really need to know what area of India/Pakistan/Bangladesh the chef is from as they will probably cook quite differently. In Halifax they are mainly from one area of Pakistan whose name I've forgotten :) They taste very different to the Bangladeshi-run one I go to in Selby.

Y

Yoni

Originally posted by Trebz
Chicken Tikka Makhani and a Garlic Naan. Dreamy.

I get this from my local indian and it isnt creamey shite it is teh yummeh

I would add tho

mushroom fried rice
mushroom bhaji
bombay aloo
popadoms with hot lime pickle :D and other assorted goodies

S

stu

Vindaloo tastes like shit, and the only people that eat it are people who think it is hard to. Coincidentally, these people have never tried Mad Dog.

Chicken madras = cuz of champions. Nice flavour, nice ingredients, nice heat. Nice.

L

Lester

Malaysian.....

Filla Bohgoop,
Witrohnicaak
and
Pyukup Akidnee

= Win

Or King Prawn Dansak.

A

Ash!

And what the hell is wrong with a Chicken Tikka Madras, Pilau Rice, Bindhi Bhaji and Peshwari & Garlic Naan.

M

moomin

FInally went for a hot chicken tika, and it was GOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, just hot enough , I think the vindaloo needs be be reserved for special occasions.

Cheers for the suggestions though, I may try a korma soon.

N

nath

I'm cooking a lamb curry today with a Lloyd Grossman Rogan Josh sauce. Seriously win.

T

Trancor

You are all evil, I can hear a curry calling me right now. But which one? I personally like to try something different each time, One day I'll find something that I really like. Possibly a Phall, I've already lost half my taste buds so I should be okay :D

N

nath

Just finished a Lloyd Grossman Rogan Josh curry with some coriander & garlic naan's and mango chutney.

Fucking win :D

M

mank!

Someone tell me what Peshwai and Keema Naan's are please.

C

.Cask

Originally posted by nath
Just finished a Lloyd Grossman Rogan Josh curry with some coriander & garlic naan's and mango chutney.

Bought that sauce on your recommendation today. It better be nice or there's gonna be trouble :)

N

nath

It's great, of course if you cook it wrong I can't take responsibility :D

T

throdgrain

Tonight I had chicken vindy, Mushroom rice some bombay potatoes, aloo tuk and some keema naan.
'Twas all joly nice, though together with th rest of my family's bill it came to £31 for a takeway, which is a bit excessive imo :(

M

mank!

I spent £15 on a curry for myself tonight?

Chicken Tikka Massala
Special Pullao Rice
Bombay Aloo
Onion Bhaji
Chapati
Keema Naan (WTF is it?)

£14.35 or something. I've got half of it left for lunch tomorrow (forward planning see)

A

Ash!

Originally posted by mank!

Keema Naan (WTF is it?)

£14.35 or something. I've got half of it left for lunch tomorrow (forward planning see)
Its Minced Lamb in a Naan Bread.

W

Wij

Originally posted by mank!
I spent £15 on a curry for myself tonight?

Chicken Tikka Massala
Special Pullao Rice
Bombay Aloo
Onion Bhaji
Chapati
Keema Naan (WTF is it?)

You fat bastard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom