which curry to pick

M

moomin

Nipping out for a curry and beer, but not sure what curry to pick, I like my curries spicey, but not fahl. Anyone got good suggestions. Oh and larger which is the best (none inidan largers that is, bog standard english largers apply only :p)

T

throdgrain

No question.
Chichen Vindaloo
Mushroom Rice
Cauliflower Bhajee
Keema Naan

Lager is all crap so whatever :)

Damn Im hungry now :(

M

mank!

am I the only person who can eat spicy currys but prefers mild ones? I prefer creamy mild ones like Tikka Masala :|

T

throdgrain

I do know people who like Tikka massala m8 :)

They're all girls though ... :)

M

mank!

Whose the bitch here? I keep getting confused

My curry:

Chicken Tikka Masala
Bombay Aloo (Potato)
Shish Kebab
Special Pilau Rice
Normal Naan

And if I feel like being a fat bastard, I'll get another curry to go with it and save some for the next day. yum.

This saturday = curry night tbh.

T

throdgrain

The thing about a vindy, its nice and hot , but not so that it takes the piss like Phall's do.
I used to eat Phalls all the time, till one time I could feel it burning as I digested it :/
I decided then to leave it alone :)

M

mank!

The vindaloo I had I couldn't taste it because it was too spicy. It was just "help, my mouth is on fire" :/

M

moomin

I edging towards a vindalo, I just hope it doesn't rape my arse when I visit the toilet tomorrow

L

leggy

Vindaloo is the typical englishman's curry.

Tasteless.

M

moomin

So whats a good tasting curry that has a bit of an edge?????

T

throdgrain

Wrong , it's all a matter of what you get used to :)

W

whipped

I'm a big girl.

Korma
Saga Loo
Pilau Rice
Peswana (sp?) nann

Hmm, got 2 tikka's at home. May have to pick up some chicken on the return journey.

M

moomin

Bhuna hmmmmmmmmmmmm, is that sorta mid point between weak as piss korma and arh it burns fahl?

S

Sar

This Friday & Saturday in NI is a national holiday period for us Prods/Brits, so it'll be beer, beer and more beer.

With maybe some food in there too...

:D

M

Meatballs

I love korma, but I prefer the Tesco's stuff than a proper place, they seem to make them hellova sweet. Probably how it's meant to be :eek:

S

Sharma

Chicken Phall + Beer = say hi to the pot daddeh the next day :D

W

Wij

Originally posted by mank!
Jalzfrezi? Bhuna?

Agreed. In most places those are your best bets. However some places have more varieties that are better. For instance in Kamran in Halifax try asking for a Chicken Fish style with a couple of chappatis. \o/

Vindaloo is dogshit. The chefs will be laughing as they cook it.

D

dysfunction

Chicken Dansak(sp?)

Is very nice and is spicey. But not so much that you cant taste anything!!

H

hoggsboss

saag gosht - lamb and spinach with green chilli
bombay aloo
mushroom rice
keema naan

my idea of heaven :)

S

Suckerpunch

Bhuna is piss mild. It's what people who don't like Curry eat.

Best curries =

Dupiaza - tastes great, medium hot, lots of onions, so expect lots of farting afterwards. Not a curry to eat on a date.

Vindalooo - if you can get a place that does Lamb Tikka Vindaloo, it is lovely. The tikka adds enough taste to make a cracking, if a bit hot curry.

Ceylon - hot and tasty. Looks like liquid poo tho :/

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by hoggsboss
saag gosht - lamb and spinach with green chilli
bombay aloo
mushroom rice
keema naan

my idea of heaven :)

For a minute there i thought that said "saag goatshit" :p

W

Wij

Originally posted by Suckerpunch
Bhuna is piss mild. It's what people who don't like Curry eat.

Dupiaza - tastes great, medium hot, lots of onions, so expect lots of farting afterwards. Not a curry to eat on a date.

Bhuna is generally a medium dish. Sure you're not confusing it with Korma ?

Dupiaza (or however they choose to spell it in English) means 2 onions. It's a usually standard curry base with an extra onion or so added. Stupid dish unless you are mad keen on onions.

S

Suckerpunch

Originally posted by Wij
Bhuna is generally a medium dish. Sure you're not confusing it with Korma ?

No, Bhuna is mild. I even went and checked on a jar of Chicken Tonight Bhuna sauce. And the Crown of India menu.

W

Wij

Originally posted by mank!
That's the one I meant and not Bhuna, doh.

Trust me. My asian friends laugh at Dupiaza. Don't be fools. Most places will do a 'Masala asian-style' if you want a curry with flavour as opposed to just hot filth.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Suckerpunch
No, Bhuna is mild. I even went and checked on a jar of Chicken Tonight Bhuna sauce. And the Crown of India menu.

Chicken Tonight :D The finest asian cooks the world has to offer :D

All the curry-houses round our way list Bhuna as medium. Where is this Crown of India of which you speak ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom