Where was everyone weds night?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
yes gerina strafed and thats against their rules, i've told everyone in grp again to stop strafing (gerina is a bit slow u c!) and they should stop adding then, simple? and it wasnt actually an add, we were resting in fop and they killed us, happened once, probably to prove a point?

mids had 3 pow relics for quite a long time, the whole time we've played on avalon, sure didnt help us getting started ;>, rr11 sm's moccing on inc and doing 600 dmg ;D they only had 2 str relics for a short perioid and now they are down to 1 extra power "only" since a couple of days, thats hardly something the grps can be blamed for. i know vf well enough that he'd prolly use /norelics command to remove the help if there was such an option to get fairer fights :D

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Eleasias said:
yes gerina strafed and thats against their rules, i've told everyone in grp again to stop strafing (gerina is a bit slow u c!) and they should stop adding then, simple? and it wasnt actually an add, we were resting in fop and they killed us, happened once, probably to prove a point?

mids had 3 pow relics for quite a long time, the whole time we've played on avalon, sure didnt help us getting started ;>, rr11 sm's moccing on inc and doing 600 dmg ;D they only had 2 str relics for a short perioid and now they are down to 1 extra power "only" since a couple of days, thats hardly something the grps can be blamed for. i know vf well enough that he'd prolly use /norelics command to remove the help if there was such an option to get fairer fights :D

fo frs !!111, im trying to flamebait vf, i succeed, and you ruin it , damn you !

<3 :p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
as for getting rp's on avalon, its easy if you have the time to do some dayfarming, you can play proper zerg warfare without being marked a lamer in fg community and get some basic ra's quite fast.

This is one of the first things that did strike me as great...

They have a much more wholesome attitude towards eachother at Avalon...

If you are in a zerg area, its zerg thats the game...

If you are in a fg area, its no adding, fg plain decent behaviour...

If you are in a solo area, (well only hearsay so far, but what I hear is...) that its good respectable solo action, without fgs comming up with excuses to go there rolling every soloer they see...

Basically its the best of everything...

Now why is this? Id say on Avalon the game mechanics work...because they have the population to make it work.

On cluster we behave more game disruptive towards our neighbors, because after a while, the action is to slow/far inbetween that we make up excuses to go get any kind of action there is to get...meaning fgs steamroll soloers when they cant find fg fights, duoes/trios cant find nice zergs to join so they go serg soloers or add on fg fights, and soloers cant get clean solo fights, so they go add on anything they can find...

When there is an daylong ongoing zerg, the huge contingent of the population always have somewhere to go without having to add on the solo/fg scene, and the fgs having nonstop action with other fgs, making them fine without having to farm the zerg...NF works, it was just a population problem...

/Charmangle

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Im not exaggarating now, at all. There was like, a 7 DAY battle between Erasleigh tower and Boldiam maze tower that only had a couple hours break every early morning when the ppl who played to the wee hours went to bed and the early morning people woke up :) No matter what time, you went there and you had a fight to join, afternoons when I got home it was a fullblown war there, could instantly join the action for a couple of hours before going to do some other stuff, hardly any time wasted on useless stuff, its especially great for those who dont have as much spare time :D

Gamah

Banned
I agree, Cluster is dead...I have rolled US and intend to stay there.

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Im not exaggarating now, at all. There was like, a 7 DAY battle between Erasleigh tower and Boldiam maze tower that only had a couple hours break every early morning when the ppl who played to the wee hours went to bed and the early morning people woke up :) No matter what time, you went there and you had a fight to join, afternoons when I got home it was a fullblown war there, could instantly join the action for a couple of hours before going to do some other stuff, hardly any time wasted on useless stuff, its especially great for those who dont have as much spare time :D

I'm getting Jelous :(

I want to play with great action again.

Did it take long for you to get used to everything being in German?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Cloudz said:
I'm getting Jelous :(

I want to play with great action again.

Did it take long for you to get used to everything being in German?

Couple of days really, all the icons and stuff are the same so it wasnt as troublesome as I thought it would be.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Eleasias said:

No straffing?!!!! What are you supposed to do if your BGer is dead and you got 2 BM's on you....you can't run away from them with the styles they have + the i hit you from 1000 units away recent change. Do you just say "ah well" and die?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Littles said:
No straffing?!!!! What are you supposed to do if your BGer is dead and you got 2 BM's on you....you can't run away from them with the styles they have + the i hit you from 1000 units away recent change. Do you just say "ah well" and die?
prekite i guess

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I consider strafing a skill. Not something i'd stop doing.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
strafe while fighting caster vs caster is the funnier thing i found in this game it just rox xd (not 1 vs 1 with bonedancers though xd )

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
I consider strafing a skill. Not something i'd stop doing.

I agree - but unfortunately the germans don't think so. I really feel like a guest there, their server, their rules, their community, we just pushed ourself into it and the very least we can do is be modest and respect the rules.

clustering ava - english servers would be great for fg rvr, but even if its technically possible the goa staff will simply not even consider it. :(

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like playing a tank might not be such a bore with nobody strafing :eek:

really dont count it as a skill, just being lame...

nothing more

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Cloudz said:

nothing more

Its old ground this really. But strafing is a way of keeping alive, it takes skill on the part of a tank to counter it, along with good communication in group for additional help. I find the difference between a good tank and a bad tank immediately obvious, meaning they also possess the skill to deal with it.

Its when stafing is combined with lagging (for whatever reason) that things are impossible.

And fair enough VF.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Cloudz said:

nothing more

Indeed! This strafing discussion has bin talked over many times (just follow the FAO Habemus or Vf threads). What it makes such a bs, is that you can make yourself nearly absolutly unhittable when it comes to 8vs8 (not to mention window draggin). Pre kiting is your friend and better then strafing anyway.
On the otherhand the melee range nowadays is silly aswell + the 3s(?) window on styles atm.
Anyways it isnt my intention to startoff some bs discussion about strafing, this thread is far to interresting for that :p

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
Its old ground this really. But strafing is a way of keeping alive, it takes skill on the part of a tank to counter it, along with good communication in group for additional help. I find the difference between a good tank and a bad tank immediately obvious, meaning they also possess the skill to deal with it.

Its when stafing is combined with lagging (for whatever reason) that things are impossible.

And fair enough VF.

yeah thats true but its just so tiresome playing a tank sometimes when some cock is just strafing all over the place... + window dragging.

think how easy it is when all you do on a caster is nuke nuke nuke dead or something.

I actually hate playing my merc for that reason

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
They have a much more wholesome attitude towards eachother at Avalon...

If you are in a zerg area, its zerg thats the game...

If you are in a fg area, its no adding, fg plain decent behaviour...

If you are in a solo area, (well only hearsay so far, but what I hear is...) that its good respectable solo action, without fgs comming up with excuses to go there rolling every soloer they see...

On cluster we behave more game disruptive towards our neighbors, because after a while, the action is to slow/far inbetween that we make up excuses to go get any kind of action there is to get...meaning fgs steamroll soloers when they cant find fg fights, duoes/trios cant find nice zergs to join so they go serg soloers or add on fg fights, and soloers cant get clean solo fights, so they go add on anything they can find...

This is worthy of noting and is potentially one of the roots to why this server has singularly failed to maintain its population. We had the debate here on FH about respecting the many different playstyles and we were successful to some extent in reviving the FG part of the community in getting back to Agramon. Where we failed and I think I remember saying time and time again was to get soloers away from those who enjoy zerging.

I felt some minority of people on both sides of the discussion were not very forgiving and we failed to get the people who disagreed away from each other. The result is that the friction between the playstyles has poisoned the server. Even now there are players getting bans because they are clashing with people who play differently. We have had one case of this in the last week ffs. This vitrol is a kind of poison that has affected this server and people just won't give ground. Both sides killing the server, they listen to each other but don't hear each other :(.

On the one side we have the soloers refusing to move away from bridges and on the other the zergers sticking to bridges and both fighting it out both in game and on the forums... It is sad that people never really made a concerted effort to respect each others styles and the resulting poison has resulted in people just not playing for each other anymore.

I think we almost managed to move to a similar model to Avalon but by then it was too late - in fact it took some considerable time to argue that people should or ought to move to different areas. I don't think this differentiated thinking is the product of Avalon. In fact we were doing something similar here. We have failed though in that project where they have succeeded perhaps?

Was it because of population or a lack of organisation/respect? Did the FH attitude of bitch now and debate later help to kill Prydwen_excal?

;)

Worth thinking about isn't it.... is this to be the epitaph of our cluster?

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Nice post Sharky,

would rep you if i had spread more rep about!

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i think 1.86 might help the Rvr solo situation out a bit

that gimped dungeon with all the mino relics will be the place with hugeee zergs, and there will be alot of fg vs fg action on the surface and hopefully alot more solo action, i think some of te fun on solo'ing back in the day as avoiding the grps, but nowadays its daft coz the zerg is just 2 big :/ and the amount of tards is also daft:twak:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
This is worthy of noting and is potentially one of the roots to why this server has singularly failed to maintain its population.

I'd be interested in knowing if proportiantly the cluster population has decreased at a greater rate than the other euro servers.

Anyone got any hard figures?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Vodkafairy said:
I agree - but unfortunately the germans don't think so. I really feel like a guest there, their server, their rules, their community, we just pushed ourself into it and the very least we can do is be modest and respect the rules.

clustering ava - english servers would be great for fg rvr, but even if its technically possible the goa staff will simply not even consider it. :(

sure its a skill, a skill in abusing game mechanics and therefore not a very respectful skill to use imo :/

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
sure its a skill, a skill in abusing game mechanics and therefore not a very respectful skill to use imo :/

Its not 'abusing game mechanics'. Combining it with deliberate lagging is though imo.

Anyway, enough on this, i'm gonna keep my trap shut.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Cromcruaich said:
Its not 'abusing game mechanics'. Combining it with deliberate lagging is though imo.

Anyway, enough on this, i'm gonna keep my trap shut.

want me to call it "Using" game mechanics then? -.- its not respectful, thats how i see it - people are free to do it still tho :p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
Was it because of population or a lack of organisation/respect? Did the FH attitude of bitch now and debate later help to kill Prydwen_excal? ;) Worth thinking about isn't it.... is this to be the epitaph of our cluster?

A very nice post...and you put an interresting spin on the question mate...

Well worth thinking about...

In the end I just whish we could get the population back up to about 2k people or so.

I do think that would show us how fun NF can be...:/

In my opinion Daoc of today is the best it has ever been and the best of all games around so far...and its a pity we havent gotten to experience the endgame as it should be on the english servers...

/Charmangle

stevah

Fledgling Freddie
funny, from tomorrow we always strafe i love this server ahahah :england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom