This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Toole, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Toole

Toole Fledgling Freddie

What CoD servers will people be migrating to now that the GAME.net previews are going?

I know alot of people didn't use them anyway - team DM just stinks, but I've got quite attached to Behind Enemy Lines, tbh.

Do most of the CoD BW regulars use Jolt for S&D?

I guess I'll just float around different servers until I find one with the settings/people I feel suits me best..... :rolleyes:

2. Will

Will /bin/su Staff member Moderator

I tend to play on a few different clan servers myself. I've mostly been playing S&D anyway, so I've not been on the Game.net preview.

3. throdgrain

throdgrain FH is my second home

Same as Will :)

4. Wonk

Wonk Can't get enough of FH

fun fun fun 42p [splat] <---- that server rocks :m00:

5. Will

Will /bin/su Staff member Moderator

42 Player servers I really dislike. I prefer 12-16 player for public. I'll go up to 24 if sniper rifles are disabled.

Throd, have you got enough people yet for a friendly?

6. Decoyroy

Decoyroy Fledgling Freddie

throdgrain from quake 2 days??? is that you ? where have you been hiding :) if not then ah hi :) anyway im in a clan called -=C*E=- for cod and we have a server so praps if anyone wants a good server to play on then your welcome to use ours :) just check in irc first ( #chaoticexistence ) just incase we have a practice on it :)

7. throdgrain

How many throdgrains are there ? :)

Lo Roy yer welsh bugger , long time no see ! We play a bit of CoD these days as well as cs, so gimme a shout sometime, would be nice to see you :)

8. Decoyroy

Decoyroy Fledgling Freddie

hehehe

aye true m8 will join ya irc :clap:

9. Gemma the Dog

Gemma the Dog Loyal Freddie

tdm just stinks? I would agree with you if you were talking about Q3 TDM ;)

I must say that although I mostly play BEL with the odd S&D/Retrieval thrown in, some of the best games I've had in terms of outright manic fun have been large TDM games. I've only had about 3 or 4 really good games, and it only seems to work on some maps (Dawnville, Depot and Brecourt I think they were). You also need to have a fair number of players (8 a side minimum). On these games (on publics btw) it was just such great fun moving as a team from area to area...either because we have pushed the other team out, or because we've been pushed out by them. Of course, I think the enoyment was added to by having a couple of buddies on my team and on TeamSpeak ;)

On the other hand, some games on TDM have been pretty awful...particularly the hurtgen/rocket maps that just become a very tedious snipe-fest.

10. throdgrain

TDM is bog aweful to me. What is the point in it ? Pah :)

11. Uncle Sick

Uncle Sick One of Freddy's beloved

I mostly play on the ReconGamer servers - once I spot a good realism/tactical server, though, you'll find me there.