Where to level?

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
One other question as well....I am full of em :)
How did you spec? I know how you are specced now but how did you start out? Did you go full in one or did you split, first a bit of pac and then mend or first pac and then mend?

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
chalaim said:
One other question as well....I am full of em :)
How did you spec? I know how you are specced now but how did you start out? Did you go full in one or did you split, first a bit of pac and then mend or first pac and then mend?
Hmmmm.. Truth be told... Can't really remember...
Get at least PoX 1 from pac first and maybe speed 1 from Aug, then head for the insta heal in Mend. When you have gotten those, just work your way up..
Think that's what I did.. Or close to at least. ;)

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I will try it out :)
Pox I have and 2 in aug as well to get the speed buff

Do you use AE mesmerise often?

My spec right now is:

15 in pac
2 in aug
5 in mend

I am lev 16. This means that I have the second pox. I was thinking of speccing in mend now so I get the first instaheal on lev 12.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
chalaim said:
Do you use AE mesmerise often?
Yes... A lot... Especially when in tank groups...

chalaim said:
My spec right now is:

15 in pac
2 in aug
5 in mend

I am lev 16. This means that I have the second pox. I was thinking of speccing in mend now so I get the first instaheal on lev 12.
Do that... Mend is rewarding at low levels, you can get higher pac later.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Great. Thx for your input, it really helps me on my way to become the uber healer :)

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday was a relief :)
I played as usual with my Thanefriend but with the difference that we grouped with a shaman.

This was great since he took care of the healing part (I was backuphealer) and that allowed me to give full focus on the CC part. That was fun and quite effective as well. When the shaman got aggro I could heal him until the Thane got off the aggro from him.

I guess it is more effective with one healer/shaman and two tanks but this was quite good as well :)

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Margaret said:
Another tip for making assist macros is making a so-called 'master macro'.

/macro Master /macro assist /assist %t

What this will do is, if you have someone targetted(%t is 'game-code' for your current target), to make an assist-macro for that person. So if you click on someone, then press your master macro button, it will make a new macro specifically for assisting that person.

Sorry but i'm feeling pedantic, using %t on a /assist macro is pointless. /assist automatically assists your target, adding the %t does absolutely nothing.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
You missed the point of the Master assist macro.
In practice if you use that macro on say John it makes a macro on your cursor that does" /macro assist /assist John ", this macro you then put on your main rvr bar or the slot which you use for the assist quickbind.
Everytime you press that newly created macro it will assist John, without having to target John first and then pressing a nameless assist macro.

It also saves you from having to remake an assist macro everytime the Main assist changes ( takes less time once set up, no typos etc).

Danita

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
So what is the syntax for setting up a Master Macro so that if I click a particular QB slot, it launches whatever QB is mapped to it ?

I find using shift / right click etc to change to diff QB's a pain in the ass when under pressure in combat

:)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Well from reading this - looks like you will even better of with a Trio - Thane+Healer+Shammy

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
I played at one time with a shammy and a thane....worked quite nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom