Where to level?

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hey again,

Me and a friend is wondering where to level? I am level 20 bonedancer and he is a lev 18 Skald. We have tried some different places. It is eighter to easy for us or to tough for us :)
Do someone has some good advice to give where we could level effective?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm bonedancer + skald is not the best duo to level but you could probably try orange con mobs with you or your pet keeping aggro and the skald doing his side/rear style. You can try the morvalts in Aegir if you've got Shrouded Isles, they range from lvl 12 till lvl 22-23 if I'm not wrong (spread in different camps).

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Vendo Caverns, Muspelheim (Gunnar camp or Fire Ants - skellies too high) or go outside Svasud or Vindsaul Faste and look for yellow/orange mobs, then you get a bonus to your xp (Frontier bonus).

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe...yes. My bonedancer himself manages quit tough monsters because of his lifetap and Pet healer. We decided that it was a boring combination. We are now playing a thane lev 12 and my healer lev 10. I will only use my bonedancer to solo with :)

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
chalaim said:
Hehe...yes. My bonedancer himself manages quit tough monsters because of his lifetap and Pet healer. We decided that it was a boring combination. We are now playing a thane lev 12 and my healer lev 10. I will only use my bonedancer to solo with :)
Drop the Healer and make a Shaman, then you got an uber duo :)

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe...could be an idea :)
I hesitated if I wanted to play a healer or shaman and also tested to play a shaman for a while. I really love the Healers Mesmerise and Stun though so I will stick to the healer. :)
His Pow buff is not bad eighter. Played some yesterday and are now lev 13 with my healer and I really like it. Much to do with CC and also heal my teammates. It can be frustrating sometimes not being able to dish out some damage but it compensates more than enough with healing and mesmerise/stun etcetera :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
healer+thane is pretty good too, yea shammy+thane is better but atleast thane got hes own str/con so it wont be THAT bad :) WIll miss END regen but potions can do that at 30+. if needed :)
Shammys are also quite fun though :) Always enjoyed both healer and shaman

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Cursed Tomb is nice for 20-25 solo or with a couple people. Usually not alot of people there either. To get there you run from Nalliten (the SI/classis portal village) to the closest bridge and cross it. Keep running more or less straight ahead, when youve crossed it and into the trees, up to the sheer cliff and up that. The dungeon is located above the cliffside.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Thane + Healer duo ROX imo. ;) Yes, thane will miss end regen, but he'd miss POX with a shammy instead of Healer, which wouldn't be much better.

chalaim said:
His Pow buff is not bad eighter. Played some yesterday and are now lev 13 with my healer and I really like it. Much to do with CC and also heal my teammates. It can be frustrating sometimes not being able to dish out some damage but it compensates more than enough with healing and mesmerise/stun etcetera
Aye, you won't be able to dish out much damage. At least not if you go for Pac or Pac/mend spec. Got any spec in mind or just make up as it goes?

It can be frustrating to both CC and heal, but don't let ppl get to you with "WTF? Why aren't you **** healing me?" when you have aggro and ppl just being right out obnoxious towards you cause you can't heal with aggro, or you're ooc and the like.. Believe me, you will meet them. ;)
And, if you're going high pac: CC for what you're worth, it'll pay off cause heals cost more pow than CC'ing in general.

Got any questions bout Pac/Mend specced healers, don't hesitate to contact me, either on PMs here or in-game (if you play on Prydwen). Just don't ask me to drive any grps in RvR... :p

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
I will go for the Pac/mend spec. I will go to lev 38 in pac to get the insta AE stun and for a general raise of the pac spells so they are harder to resist. That means that I will get mend 35 and aug 15. It seems a good spec, what do you think?

I think it was you who gave me a link to a healers guide that i really liked. It is not fun as a healer to get aggro and the other in the group not trying to do so much about it but I usually play with a friend (the thane) and he helps me out :)

I also have made a macro shouting for help when I get aggro :)
I have noticed that the mes and stun spells drain less pow than I would need when I only heal. Sometimes though the monsters are such a high lev that they just resist all I cast on them and then I better heal. Beside that fact, I like to CC :)

Aremeriel said:
Thane + Healer duo ROX imo. ;) Yes, thane will miss end regen, but he'd miss POX with a shammy instead of Healer, which wouldn't be much better.

Aye, you won't be able to dish out much damage. At least not if you go for Pac or Pac/mend spec. Got any spec in mind or just make up as it goes?

It can be frustrating to both CC and heal, but don't let ppl get to you with "WTF? Why aren't you **** healing me?" when you have aggro and ppl just being right out obnoxious towards you cause you can't heal with aggro, or you're ooc and the like.. Believe me, you will meet them. ;)
And, if you're going high pac: CC for what you're worth, it'll pay off cause heals cost more pow than CC'ing in general.

Got any questions bout Pac/Mend specced healers, don't hesitate to contact me, either on PMs here or in-game (if you play on Prydwen). Just don't ask me to drive any grps in RvR... :p

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
chalaim said:
I will go for the Pac/mend spec. I will go to lev 38 in pac to get the insta AE stun and for a general raise of the pac spells so they are harder to resist. That means that I will get mend 35 and aug 15. It seems a good spec, what do you think?
Hmmmm.... Kinda like the one I was originally going for..
AE insta Stun at 38 is nice, and comes in handy at times.
At 35 mend you get 2nd insta grp heal (I don't have that.. LOL)
15 aug gives you just about... nothing.. LOL.. Only thing that's handy there at times is the speed, which you will use most when you're alone (or duo with the thane) and it's still not much, so most of those points in aug are pretty much useless... I had 15 aug before I respecced and the only thing I miss is the 2nd speed (have the first now), but I usually don't notice it, as I'm often grouped with other classes with higher speed, or someone has a BB out of group that can't follow at speed.
Can't really tell you what's best on the spec, cause it's a lot up to how you play too... My spec is 44p/8a/30m and I really like it. ;)

chalaim said:
I think it was you who gave me a link to a healers guide that i really liked. It is not fun as a healer to get aggro and the other in the group not trying to do so much about it but I usually play with a friend (the thane) and he helps me out
He he... That may have been me, indeed.. I can't really remember though. But if it was, it was the Healer's guide to world domination...

chalaim said:
Beside that fact, I like to CC :)
He he.. So do I.. I respecced to 44a/30m once, just to try it... I CC'ed just as much as I do as pac, except for the fact that they didn't last so long and I didn't have any AOEs.. LOL, so it was straight back to Pac/Mend

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
I agree that the 15 aug is not so very useful but there are some extra stuff that comes with it. If I want 38 in pac and 35 in mend that is what gets leftover. I could get 38 in mend and 2 in aug (to get the speed buff). But those 3 extra in mend dont give anything good. If I could have 39 in it would be nice but then I got to skip some point in pac and I dont want that :)

The healer guide was very helpful and still is. I go back to it now and then to see if there are something I can learn from it. How do you do when you are fighting mobs....any ideas or tricks what I should keep in mind as a CC and healer? I usually get both roles since I dont play in so big groups so I am the only healer.

Aremeriel said:
Hmmmm.... Kinda like the one I was originally going for..
AE insta Stun at 38 is nice, and comes in handy at times.
At 35 mend you get 2nd insta grp heal (I don't have that.. LOL)
15 aug gives you just about... nothing.. LOL.. Only thing that's handy there at times is the speed, which you will use most when you're alone (or duo with the thane) and it's still not much, so most of those points in aug are pretty much useless... I had 15 aug before I respecced and the only thing I miss is the 2nd speed (have the first now), but I usually don't notice it, as I'm often grouped with other classes with higher speed, or someone has a BB out of group that can't follow at speed.
Can't really tell you what's best on the spec, cause it's a lot up to how you play too... My spec is 44p/8a/30m and I really like it. ;)

He he... That may have been me, indeed.. I can't really remember though. But if it was, it was the Healer's guide to world domination...

He he.. So do I.. I respecced to 44a/30m once, just to try it... I CC'ed just as much as I do as pac, except for the fact that they didn't last so long and I didn't have any AOEs.. LOL, so it was straight back to Pac/Mend

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
chalaim said:
I agree that the 15 aug is not so very useful but there are some extra stuff that comes with it. If I want 38 in pac and 35 in mend that is what gets leftover. I could get 38 in mend and 2 in aug (to get the speed buff). But those 3 extra in mend dont give anything good. If I could have 39 in it would be nice but then I got to skip some point in pac and I dont want that :)
That's true.. ;) If only, eh?

chalaim said:
The healer guide was very helpful and still is. I go back to it now and then to see if there are something I can learn from it. How do you do when you are fighting mobs....any ideas or tricks what I should keep in mind as a CC and healer? I usually get both roles since I dont play in so big groups so I am the only healer.
Hmmmm... How I do when fighting mobs... It depends what kind of grp I'm in. If in group with supp sm (pbaoe), use ae stun when all mobs are gathered in a nice bunch (stacked). Remember that if you land more than one cc on a mob within a minute or so, the second cc will "overwrite" the first. If 2 CC's of same type, ex 2 stuns, the second one will be half the time of the first, the third will then be half the time of the second etc (this is within a minute or so).
If in a group with tanks, always get group to assign an MA (Master Assist) tank. When the mobs get close enough, ae mezz them, mezz those resisting and then stun the one targetted by the MA train.

After you've done your CC'ing move to heals, unless someone in grp gets low hp before you're done, ie like 50 % hp or so.. If this happens, heal that person, then go back to CC...

Not much more to say really, it'll get in your fingers after a bit.. You won't even think about what you do, you'll just do it.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Ok...thx for your input :)
What is the role of the MA. Assist the tank and getting the aggro off the healer?

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
chalaim said:
Ok...thx for your input :)
What is the role of the MA. Assist the tank and getting the aggro off the healer?
No... The MA is the tank who decides in what order the mobs will be attacked. All other tanks assist him (/macro assist /assist <MA name> or assist %t, where %t is the object currently in target). They will of course also have to get aggro off the healer...

Scenario:
Group setup is:
Healer #1
Shaman #1
Tank #1
Tank #2
Tank #3..

Tank #1 is chosen as MA, the other tanks make the macro I described over (may be useful for you too).
You guys pull 5 mobs. MA tank (tank #1) attacks one mob, and the other tanks follow on the same mob. You mezz the mobs (ae mezz), the mezz on the one under attack will break at first hit, so you stun it... That mob dies.
Tank #1 picks next target and the other tanks follow. Your main job there is to keep the mobs not under attack mezzed, then heal. ;) If you get aggro, say on me in grp talk or something like that, and the tanks should shift target to the mob attacking you, using their taunt style. When you no longer have aggro, the tanks should go back on the one they attacked before you got aggro and you should mezz the one that aggroed you...

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Ok...nice. Thx for the info. I have read some guides on to behave in groups but this is still useful :)
About your macro assist. I use an ordinary macro now that looks like /macro assist /assist
If I choose one guy and press the right key I target what he targets. If I use yours....Can I then skip the part where I need to target the person. I will automatically target the mob he targets that I choose as name when I did Macro? I mean if I use /macro assist /assist Uzul
Will I get Uzuls target then even if I do not target Uzul?

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Nice...I will try it out tonight when I play with my friend :)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
so...true :D

im going to play daoc some for when im rly utterly bored so i was wondering if you had time to play some with me mate.. this time without bitching and to play a class we like, even if we end up having an xbow arms and a necro! :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
no.. :p

have to think bout that..but the chance that I won't ever touch this game again is kinda very big ;)

just have too little time for games and stuff :(

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
Another tip for making assist macros is making a so-called 'master macro'.

/macro Master /macro assist /assist %t

What this will do is, if you have someone targetted(%t is 'game-code' for your current target), to make an assist-macro for that person. So if you click on someone, then press your master macro button, it will make a new macro specifically for assisting that person.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Nice...I will try it out :)

Margaret said:
Another tip for making assist macros is making a so-called 'master macro'.

/macro Master /macro assist /assist %t

What this will do is, if you have someone targetted(%t is 'game-code' for your current target), to make an assist-macro for that person. So if you click on someone, then press your master macro button, it will make a new macro specifically for assisting that person.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
chalaim said:
How do you arrange your spells on the qbar?

Woah! LOL... That is really depending on your playstyle... I have 3 main qbars with spells, and 2 more with macros and some more spells (those not used very often).... Other people have different playstyle and therefore also different qbars.

Mine are like this (iirc)
Qbar1: Mend qbar
1. Small heal
2. Medium heal
3. Large heal
4. Group heal
5. Spread heal
6. Purge
7. Insta heal
8. Insta grp heal
9. MCL
0. Cleanse Mind

Qbar2: Pac qbar
1. Speed attack debuff
2. Stun
3. Mezz
4. Root
5. Insta Stun
6. Insta Mezz
7. AoE Stun
8. AoE Mezz
9. Insta Aoe Stun
0. Insta Aoe Mezz

Qbar3: Buff qbar... The arrangement on this is the least important I think, as long as you know where things are if you have to buff quickly...
1. Self DMG add
2. Self S/C
3. Str
4. AF
5. POX
6. Con
7. Haste
8. Dex
9. Speed
0. Cleanse Mind

Qbar4:
1. Cure Poison
2. Cure Disease
3. Pow pot
4. Water Breathing pot
5. All seers down macro (For Dragon Raids)
6. Rezzing %t macro for battlegroups
7. Amnesia or Purging Wave, can't really remember
8. Small Rezz
9. Med Rezz
0. My big Rezz

Qbar5 mostly consists of macros for assist, inc %t, some Dragon Raids macros and other stuff...

Some people might not understand why I run my macro setup like I do, but I'm comfortable with it. Like I said, different playstyles = different qbars.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm...but I liked your qbar setup. I was thinking of something similar. I now have one qbar where I have heal and cc and one with buffs and one with macros.

This will not work further ahead since I get more spells so I will need one heal qbar and one cc qbar and one buff qbar and one macro qbar. The buff qbar is not so important but I want to be able to switch between the heal. cc and macro qbar easily. I think it is difficult to switch qbar with the shift comand so I am thinking of making a macro that switches and put them on the place 1 and 2. So on qbar 1 I have on slot 1 and 2 a macro that switches to qbar 2 and 3 where I have cc and macros. On qbar 2 I have on slot 1 and 2 a macro that switches to qbar 1 and 3. Ofcourse then on qbar 3 I have on slot 1 and 2 a macro that switch to 1 and 2.

I will try this out, not sure it will work but I really hate the shiftcommand when I want to switch qbar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom