Confused Where do all the fresh crisps go?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yeap, still not good to eat old meat even if it tastes the same.
Not if it passed the best before date, but a fillet of beef should be hung atleast 14 days i think it was. The meat gets more tender, and not as bloody if hung right.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah and there's also hamon(etc) that stays good for ages, vacuum packs are usually the problem cases i was referring to. Best to check things over ze net before nomming on old meats ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
This is what our sense of smell is for. If it smells naff then dont eat it. It's far more accurate for most things than relying on some nanny state best before date.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yeah and there's also hamon(etc) that stays good for ages, vacuum packs are usually the problem cases i was referring to. Best to check things over ze net before nomming on old meats ;)
mmmmm a good jamon is so nice....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This is what our sense of smell is for. If it smells naff then dont eat it. It's far more accurate for most things than relying on some nanny state best before date.

Quite, but that doesn't always mean the meat is good. The expiration dates indeed are overprotected, but with meat and especially chicken, best to just bin the 2£ then risk it.

Though i really don't want to drag this along as we're still rather on topic :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
fingers like pigs tits when it comes to typing on a laptop keyboard, I should read everything I type 3x before hitting post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom