Games Where did all the good games go?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have you seen this years release shedule? Fucking shocking. Literally half a dozen games that look ok, the rest seem to be sequels of games that failed first time around. What has happened to the game industry? No one seems to take risks anymore, it is all generic crap.

Release dates for PC and console games | PC | Eurogamer

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I dunno, seems like enough for a year.

It's always been like this.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
2010: Super Street fighter IV
2011: MvC3.

It seems pretty good to me. I'll be playing SSFIV till MvC3 gets released anyway :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Medal of Honour
Fallout 3 - New Vegas

That's about it. We had loads last year though, most of which I am still working through.

No date for Gran Turismo which is fast becoming the Duke Nukem Forever of the decade.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Better hope if it ever does get released it's better than the PSP version :)

Don't, just don't!!

I've got a PS3 sat there doing bugger all - seems most console games just aren't for me so it's been an exceptional waste of money so far.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Don't, just don't!!

I've got a PS3 sat there doing bugger all - seems most console games just aren't for me so it's been an exceptional waste of money so far.

I liked Final Fantasy on it, everything else is simply better on my PC. I use mine as a media centre though so I don't regret buying the hardware. I got a good deal on mine as the online shop were clearing their old style PS3s.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Singularity
Max Payne 3
Tron Evolution
Trackmania 2

One missing from the list is Portal 2.
That Carrier Command looks like a trip down nostalgia lane.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'd like a decent MMOG to play. I'm very tempted to go back to Lord of the Rings at the moment, but something new and exciting and fresh would be wonderful.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
There's loads of console games, just not much on the PC anymore.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Civ 5 comming in 3 month's orso. Untill then play Anno 1404 or Open TTD. That or read a good book.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
As far back as I can remember, there's only every been at most a handful of games per year that interest me.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just seems the same as every year. Few good releases then utter crap. I Usually find the best games are sometimes those hidden gems that come around that keep under the Radar get released and are a blast.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still no Diablo 3 release date :( and yea the lineup this year looks rather shit bar a few select games.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Alpa Protocol, Mafia 2, Victoria 2, ARMA2 Operation Arrowhead, Dead Rising 2, Elemental War on Magic(Think new Age of Wonders), Crysis 2 and ofcourse, Cataclysm.

There's plenty of games coming out this year even if you like me, aren't intrested in Starcraft or the new Fallout.

Forgot Civ5, which is probably the only game other than Cataclysm I'll still be playing when next years list comes out :p

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Forgot Civ5, which is probably the only game other than Cataclysm I'll still be playing when next years list comes out :p

I read Cataclysm and instantly thought that a new Homeworld was coming, but I know that will never happen
:mad:

Helme

Resident Freddy
We sadly have to resign ourself to the fact that there's never going to be another Homeworld, atleast not one like the old ones.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Sins is truly a great game, but there's nothing quite like the feel of surprising your foe and jumping in behind them with your Battlecrusier, Carrier and destroyers unleashing a torrent of destruction on their mothership, as you notice they have jumped in on your harvesters and then turn towards your own Mothership, then making the gamble of either pulling back to defend or hope they you can take out their ship and protect your carrier from any unwanted fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom