When will Albion be nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
minstrel offer a lot of utility to grp, insta stun every 15(?) seconds, great interrupter, they have a great ablative chant (would like that on bard :|) minstrels are much more overpowered in the stealth war than fg rvr though.

And yet people some times run grps without them.. hmm.. that gotta mean something imo... and the abla is like BoF.. only more crap... melee only.. against casters... no use.. a sorc that spams aoe amnesia i gotta say is better interupter than minstrel... i dont know nothing about they being overpowered in stealth wars.. i got minstrel.. if he is solo.. he dies.. FAST.. i dont even have 1% chance of winning... ok.. he is only 49.5.. but still he should have a tiny chance against some classes if he is so overpowered..

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think albs are owerpowered

Mid have good classes. Only thing that can fook up rvr is if albs come out and zerg us when NF comes. But pop imbalance on prydwen are not so great as on many US servers, so just hope NF will be enjoyable here.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Heheyougotboned said:
Mid have good classes. Only thing that can fook up rvr is if albs come out and zerg us when NF comes. But pop imbalance on prydwen are not so great as on many US servers, so just hope NF will be enjoyable here.

If you check duskwave number of active albs and mids is both 37% of server.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Oro said:
Arethir, BoF and SoS are both overpowered in their own way because no other realm has them and they do actually turn the tide of battles.

SoS I've only ever really objected to because of the advantage given to Albs in relic raids way beyond the other 2 realms.

Its getting fixed (or more accurately, evened out) though so nothing to worry about.
same could be said about boad oO ;)

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Tucka said:
Pbuck comes back and the theurg whine threads begin :p
i c no thurg whine thread specaly since he got killed by a rr1 runi :p

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Usually when mids/hibs in grps with not all being rr8+ they dont bother coming back to emain while FL/Outcast/PE is out and running...
Gues im one of the few that likes fighting whit those groups :< even that i usaly get killed.

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
Albions are stlong?

Did i do the timewarp again?

/cue bad 80`s party song!

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
Because atm its just too silly. Fighting cabalists, theurgists and sorcs with what? 2500 range spells, chainstunning pets, pets that cannot be CC'd, and instand ae debuffs on 5!! sec recasts.

Add to that the versitality of the Ministrel class + SoS, or clerics with baseline stun + BoF, and theres really not much you can do as a Hib/Mid :(

Then for tanks, paladins with 1000++ AF that can rezz, mercs with uber Dirty Tricks on 5 (lol?) mins recast, friars that have buffs, resists, rezz, heals, melee...

The list goes on.. no wonder all hibs and mids stopped RvR'ing with all that shit against us.

you clicked on the wrong forum again

excal is a little more down

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I think this thread is a Pryd noobishness test, see how many reply defending or attacking Vinter.

Like that scout thread on excal forums Mumin made :p

Nice b8 m8s

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
Tbh I think this thread is a Pryd noobishness test, see how many reply defending or attacking Vinter.

Like that scout thread on excal forums Mumin made :p

Nice b8 m8s

Like Vinterwargen - eBoy cow ftw - can actually make any sense from the replys in this thread.

Dont understand why he even post here; all he does is eBay-a-new-one-on-Excalibur

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Albs zerg! :touch:

atleast they do at this moment! i'm sad to say...
But then mids zerge back.. and so it goes on untill someone gives up :)

limbo

Fledgling Freddie
Not long ago Hibs used to Zerg too!
They were out with 8 peeps! And moving 50% of realm population in one group out in rvr must count as Zerging, right?

Glad population evened out a bit by now :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrel said:
Wtf is boad? :m00:

Think he means baod
Brilliant Aura of Deflection

(Dunno if meny enchanters buy this now since it was nerfed hard)

/em remembers nuking Lurker for 100(-350) :(

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
I would say what effects so many of the fights is thenumber of alb scouts. So often (especially near amg) your fighting and as a caster throughout the fight you are being shot from some god awful distance. I am not for a minute suggesting there are no mid hunters that do the same and even some hibbies, but i would say albs do it more and even if the damage isn't that noticeable the interupts are and i do think many close fg vs fg fights are decided based on that. Before the flames begin i am not whining, personally i believe rvr is realm vs realm but as a figure i would say maybe 1 in 2 of all fights are actually fg vs fg (no zerg/group adds), and maybe only 1 in 3 of those have no adds of any kinda, be they stealthers/soloers/duo's or woteva, so it is hard to judge who the actual 8 vs 8 "champions" are.

PE are definately strong in rvr, they carry a good reputation and are rightly feared. Like some1 earlier said, when your in a low realm rank random group it matters not if its Mael BO PE outcast or whoever, an opt'ed guild group will 95% time own you. But when its gank group vs gank group i would agree PE win more than they loose, but i don't think its cause albs are overpowered. Where i see the problem is that mids don't have the uber pet classes of alb/hib. I am not saying this wins the rvr but it does mean they can farm more arti's/high ml drops and that means template wise they have the edge. Mael are now getting together silverhorn bracers and BO have done a lot of pve recently, but it is just that, very recently. PE and others in albie and hibbie land have had these things for a long time, they farm with 1-2fg's what it takes mids 4fg's. When fighting now they can spam the pets and the abilities moreso than the mid gank groups and certainly moreso than the mid random groups, to me thats what wins them the fights (as well as being good players who know what they are doing). I don't think any realm is "overpowered", not to an extent that it is game crippling, but the pve mechanics definately go against the middies.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Any set group with decent players aswell as decent rr can do very good in any realm.I only see two guilds on prydwen do set groups lately or well play with the same people basically often and that's PE/maelstrom, that's why they do very good and it does help a lot to play with your guild often and learn each other's playstyles.Now bad omen are back they are hard to beat too, especially when you are a guild that doesn't have a set group this moment or have people that you are still adjusting to play alongside with like ourselves, we haven't rvred really for ages properly(i am sure a lot of guilds are like this in mid/hib too lately).

You could have a group of eight very good players, but that group could do average if they never have played with each other before, or you could have a group of not so bad players that have played with each other often do better than the group mentioned before.I think teamwork really is a key thing in daoc more than the players themselves.

I also noticed the classes that have it hard in pve seem to have it easy in rvr which is kind of strange heh.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
Any set group with decent players aswell as decent rr can do very good in any realm.I only see two guilds on prydwen do set groups lately or well play with the same people basically often and that's PE/maelstrom, that's why they do very good and it does help a lot to play with your guild often and learn each other's playstyles.Now bad omen are back they are hard to beat too, especially when you are a guild that doesn't have a set group this moment or have people that you are still adjusting to play alongside with like ourselves, we haven't rvred really for ages properly(i am sure a lot of guilds are like this in mid/hib too lately).

You could have a group of eight very good players, but that group could do average if they never have played with each other before, or you could have a group of not so bad players that have played with each other often do better than the group mentioned before.I think teamwork really is a key thing in daoc more than the players themselves.

I also noticed the classes that have it hard in pve seem to have it easy in rvr which is kind of strange heh.
Well said, totally agree with you there, Celestius is just about getting round to doing stuff without thinking, we've played together for a while now, know who does what and when, where people will run, etc. and the use of voice comms, which you really only see in fixed groups, helps alot too.

[edit] Yeah, I have BAOD myself, but I'm not 100% sure it's worth the 14 points, could spec out of it and get purge and art 2 instead... as I've only really seen a slight difference in the damage with it up (BD nuking for for 382, 384, then hitting BAOD and it dropping to 281 and 269.... AoM 2 probably better, with purge, and that's the same cost).

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
vintervargen said:
Then for tanks, paladins with 1000++ AF that can rezz, mercs with uber Dirty Tricks on 5 (lol?) mins recast, friars that have buffs, resists, rezz, heals, melee...

The list goes on.. no wonder all hibs and mids stopped RvR'ing with all that shit against us.
Lmao, aye dt rocks alright, specially vs all the caster groups that're out atm, really bothers chanters etc loads.
Rarely seen any grouped friars lately, n doubt they'll be a problem with the mid/hib stealth zergs.
So when're chanters/sm's gonna get as little utility as wizzies?
And what bout bd's, group purge, end regen on bot's x<
No use complaining bout alb tanks, as they stand just as little a chance to hib/mid caster groups as the other way around.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
leviathane said:
same could be said about boad oO ;)

Nope. The way BOF and BAOD work are entirely different. BOF 'simply' enhances your absorb by 50% - no questions asked.

BAOD on the other hand is an RA that increases your magic-resists by ~35% but its counted as secondary resists (like Avoidance of Magic).

In the end that means the RA's work way less effective because of they way the secondary resists are calculated in the game at the moment.

It WAS very good (overpowered) because back in that time it was just added to your primary resists; ending up with stuff like 93% spirit-resists and stuff. For example firing BAOD increases my spirit-resists by only effictevely ~16%. Body and energy go up with 17% and cold and heat about 21-22%

Also do not forget BAOD is 14 points, where BOF is 10 points.

Most of Albions unique RA's which are worth buying are 10 points, bar Faith Heal (which you can also see as a cheap IP for a hybrid) which is 14 points.

I dunno the reason of the lower costs; be happy there I guess :O

blejs

Loyal Freddie
I dont agree alb is overpowered, but the alb PE group is damn hard.
I would say its 50/50 in fights against em.
Its often hard to tell, but sometimes u get adds in middle and u think u would won anyway without the adds. Or lose, but anyway what i mean is i would say its 50% of the fights that goes good and we win atm.

Hopefully that % will get higher soon with time, specially since we aint opted atm with all TOA missing some stuff, and have to remember that ppl havent rvred for ages to, but this week is the first that we have focued on rvr much,
and its getting better and better.

I am learning and getting the reflexes and all that back etc. So we see what happends, we still got some pve to do, but we will do it prob next week some.

I dont like hibbi groups, got all pets and dps debuff. Remove it from game!
Atleast dps shit, and then add a stun to that poff dps, poff stun, puff debuffed poff nuke nuke nuke.

ZZzzz!

Oh well :D

Eroa

Banned
blejs said:
I dont like hibbi groups, got all pets and dps debuff. Remove it from game!
Atleast dps shit, and then add a stun to that poff dps, poff stun, puff debuffed poff nuke nuke nuke.

ZZzzz!

Oh well :D

blejs is not making sence :(

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Well said, totally agree with you there, Celestius is just about getting round to doing stuff without thinking, we've played together for a while now, know who does what and when, where people will run, etc. and the use of voice comms, which you really only see in fixed groups, helps alot too.
It's the same with FL... we got quite a lot of players who aren't fully TOA equipped yet etc... so we're doing a lot more PvE than RvR now + a lot of new players who haven't played that much with us yet... need to get stuff going again :p

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
blejs is not making sence :(
He means that chanter can even if nuked on start using dps debuff to interrupt which is insta then use the stun to stun him and then nuke him away. And theres really not much he can do about it. He can send his pet but pets are usually on some other important person or CC:d.

vintervargen

Banned
_____________________________$$$____$$_________________$$$__________
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$___$$__________$$$__$$$$_______________$$$$$$$$_______
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$___________$$$_$$$$$$$$$$_____
$$_$$$____$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$__________$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$____
__$$$$_____$$$$_$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$_________$$$$$__$$$$_$$$$$$___
_$$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$$______$$$$$$$__$$$$___$$$$$__
_$$$$__$$$$$____$$$$_______$$$$__$$$$$$_____$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$__
_$$$$$$$$$______$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$___$$$_____$$$$__
$$$$$$$_________$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$___$$$$_____$$$$__
$$$$$$$_________$$$$_____$$$$____$$$_$$$$$$$___$$$___$$$$____$$$$___