When the going gets tough...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Back at rank zero. Yep, the original guild janitor is back. Had hoped to stay in retirement and level my bonedancer those times I could get online but looks like I need to be doing other things now.

After a weekend of dealing with some fairly unpleasant things, here's where Fedaykin stand.

Why post here? Because sometimes you just gotta shake your fist at the world in defiance and be loud about it.

We are not what we once were, that much is certain, but we are not dead, not dying and not going away.

Anyone that deserted the mistakenly assumed sinking ship, please remove any remaining alts from the guild. I'm going to be culling any alts I can't account for over the coming weeks and well, if you made your choice... you kinda have to stick with it. Loyalty counts for much with me and the rest of our officers, and if you've decided you want to be somewhere else... its a game, go there, but don't think you can hedge your bets all the time, you can't have it both ways. Stick your flag in the ground and stand by it, don't be a wuss.

Its times like these that can build strong teams from those that stick together. The mood in guild has gone from completely dark when I got online yesterday (was away when all this nonsense was going on and basically had it all landed on me yesterday afternoon) to positive and determined when I logged off tonight and we even got our rag tag bunch out for RvR, though its a good job we didn't hit full groups of lvl50s :D

One of the ironies is that despite the officers that have left, we still have most of the founding core of the guild here: Myself, Hound, Nico (in absentia and no, that isn't the next expansion pack), Blackdeath and Krok and many other longtime players. So peeps that saw officers leaving and panicked didn't look at the situation quite closely enough. Bandwagons, very dangerous things and can run you over sometimes ;)

Lvl50s don't make a guild, people do.

Regarding the alliance: not much left here compared to what there was before, and the larger guilds have all left for more RvR oriented alliances / stronger alliances which is perfectly understandable. Most of them are comprised mainly of players in the end-game, so this is expected. No ill will to these peeps and actually am already arranging joint hunts and stuff :)

Is the alliance dead?

Can't truthfully say, though very little remains. Got together with the current guilds to decide what to do next but the jury is out. Fedaykin was built around sticking with its friends and even when guilds leave we feel honour-bound to stick with the guilds that stick with us. So we won't be looking for any new alliances - like I said: we stick with our friends, even when it might not be to our best advantage to do it. Its something I feel very strongly about.
Anything we do alliance-wise from here must include the guilds that are sticking with us and its non-negotiable.

It will be some time before Fedaykin can again mount a reasonable force for RvR (hell, we'd struggle to take a keep solo now) or large PvE hunts but the number of peeps that have been in touch already to wish us well and have offered to help us when needed are greatly appreciated and we'll remember this.

The people who would put us down and laugh will not be forgotten either and some of these have crawled out of the woodwork too over the weekend :rolleyes: (Amusingly, from entirely predictable sources)

Rumours of our death... you know the rest.

MUHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

G

Gallak

I feel your pain Roo, and your determination to bounce back too ;)

Gallak Granitefist Proud officer of the new Eye of Ôòin

L

larossa

Glad to hear you are putting your house "in order".

It is good to hear the old Roo is back and kicking "ass".

I, and I think all of my guild will be glad to hear this.

Early days to talk alliances but be sure you have the Dentists' best wishes behind you. (I still have happy memories of the Audliten Olympics even if no one else does)

O

old.Sko

well i heard you have some infiltrators from llaw arian in midgard, so hehe, let em level and i think a bit brighter situation will be .

I

ixnay

Originally posted by Gallak
and your determination to bounce back too ;)

Kanga ? (Get it ? Im so clever :rolleyes: )

All the best to Fedaykin and Co.

Ixnay Veli Proud Member of the NEW Eye of Ôòin ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Roo your guild has given some nice battles in sauv and one that i respect!:clap:

H

Hufner

/plants a midgardian flag on the hill

Go, Roo! Go!

Welcome back among the zeroes ;)

K

kain_pravus

Good to see your still with us, we had the same domino effect a few months ago, things can just snowball out of controll... This is when you find out who the loyal members are. These are the people that make a great guild.

Kain Pravus Proud Member of the NEW Eye of Ôòin

P

prydwen-jareth

From your devoted servant

Good luck Roo my friend,

These might be hard times for Fedaykin but i know with you at the helm, they will get through anything.

This goes from all and everyone from Valour

F

Farnis

I see your total lack of inter-personal skills have had an effect already :)

Seriously, I know it sounds a bit tacky, but good luck and all that (although im sure you wont need luck).

Like Lar said, all of us Dentists (lol - coz obviously there is thousands of us) will be there if you need a hand with anything at all.

Just shout!

K

Kharok Svark

Good to hear you are back at the helm ...

... hope you get all sorted and running smoothly again soon.

M

mavericky

Yep, nice to see one of the great guilds getting back on the right track, go Roo :)

F

Fex

Good luck Roo, if theres anything SC can help you out with just give Dozi a prod, failing that you can always contact one of the lesser mortals of the guild:D

J

Jupitus

/Salute

Well fucking said, Roo :cool:

Sod the spineless goons...

Jup.

M

Midgardian

Roo, I wish you and the other Officers all the best with Fedaykin.

As you know, Although I have left DAoC, I still consider myself a FED and I will until you tell me otherwise maintain the Fedaykin home at www.gameslord.com/fedaykinguild

Yours

Tay SonOfThor
Thane of 47 Seasons
Proud Officer of Fedaykin

X

Xtro

Good luck to you Roo and all of Fedaykin.

You're always one of the most articulate and pleasant posters on here. Keep up the good work :)

O

old.Elrond

That's nice to hear Roo. To be honest with you, after the flood of ex Fedaykin players to Nemesis and the forming of Valour I was under the impression that the guild was completely gone, it's good to know that you have come back to get it into order again =)

B

Brunore

Bloody good show old boy!

I'm very happy the Fed's are staying, you guys are one of the few good guilds left in mid. :)

M

maugenra

Best wishes

All of the guild of Landvaettir greets Roo back in the chair, and Fedakin a prosperous future.

I'm sure that Fedaykin will come out stronger than ever before when the storm calms. What doesn't kill you makes u stronger...

O

old.tuppe

heard this in odin from you Roo.
nice to have you back!

K

krill-nyd

Oh damn ... was expeciting mad schemes for strange fun to start emerging from Roo's corner. But it's good news for Fedaykin, good luck you all. If you need extra muscle for any raids or hunts don't ask Nyd, all our muscle is between our ears.

O

old.Khain

Roo nice to see ppl fighing for what they belive in.

I hear that /auto remove XXXX is nice command to get ppl out of guild that dont log in

N

Nonnier

good luck roo!

It would be a shame to see fed go :)

(seeing as all the EoO seem to be doing this, i might as well)

Reinnon Stormwatcher Proud Officer of the NEW EoO

(can some1 explain to me why i have to do that?)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

It's like when a new series comes on television.

You are the New Scooby Doo (for example!).

And best of luck Roo, we've had days where it all gets very downcast, glad to see you could come out of it and shine, baby, shine!

R

Rigon-Noir-

Nice post Roo, good to see you aren't giving up, hell, why should you, like you say, the people that stay are the people you can rely on and it does build a stronger team.

As you know, our guild has had a couple moments like this, hey, wait a minute, you Hound and Nico were one of them :p but we carried on and i can proudly say that at this moment in time we have without doubt the best bunch of members we've had since we started the Roses just over a year ago. With your leadership qualities back at the helm i can't see Fedaykin going anywhere, infact, i sure you'll be back on track very soon.

I did hear one piece of news that worried me (i've been told it's been written here but i haven't had time to look), Nicodemus left DAOC? I really do hope not, Nico was always our link to fedaykin even after we left the Alliance and i, like everyone else in the realm of Midgard and beyond will be very unhappy to see him go. If he's just playing that alt tho ;) thats ok, i know who he is :p.

Anyway, like i said, good to see you back Roo, great to see that the usual suspects stayed on board (can't speak for the people i don't really know but i didn't expect anything else from Hound, Nico and Krok, always good reliable freindly people).

In the unlikely event you need anything from this bunch of nuggets you know where we are, feel free to give us a shout for hunts, rvr or just another piss up in Hug (if Nico's paying of course, were a bit short of cash at the moment :().

All the best matey, see you ingame sometime

Tidus Morgahna (1 of 5) :)
GM of White Rose

oops, did i just call us all nuggets, sorry guys , just slipped out, i was thinking about Warrr again, everytime i think of her that word comes to mind :p

Q

Quemine

This sounds an awful lot what we went through a couple months ago. Someone leaves and people start panicking like there's no tomorrow.

"Lvl50s don't make a guild, people do."

Very well said Roo, couldn't agree more. I wish you and Fedaykin all the best in the future, I'm sure you will sort this out and rise again..

Quemine
Eye of Odin

H

Henry-Vee

Good for you sir!

If ye need a wee hawn, tae boot the bawz oh the sassenach fwannies hay did this tay yee giimmee a shout mahn!!

Henry

Women love him. Men fear him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom