A

Addlcove

Originally posted by ormorof
isnt a zerg something out of starcraft? :eek7:

zerg_2.jpg

jup

I

ilum

I usually think it's a zerg when its more than 1FG....1-2-3 stealther adds tolerated :)

That goes for just RvR zone roaming, keeptakes etc is a different matter :)

K

kee-

"ilum :
I usually think it's a zerg when its more than 1FG....1-2-3 stealther adds tolerated

That goes for just RvR zone roaming, keeptakes etc is a different matter"

I would guess you adding on and ruining what was gonna be our longest fg vs fg fight near silo would be called a zerg? especially with any extra stealther adds that wanna join. If they called for help - why? there werent badly losing, if you just happened to find us then grats to the leader but what happened to the alb "lets not add and watch fg vs fg fights unless their losing" line. You kinda spanked us when you appeared but was a shame cos would have been a good fight to log after :D

Anyway not a real whine at you or your group - just tonight wasnt great (DC lord fight was nice :kissit: ), and with us (Severance) getting a fair bit of stick from albs and mids for running 2fg to clear the 3+fgs or albs and mids that amass in the frontiers just feel i should say this is a reason why, and no we dont run 2fg unless theres a zerg around - we do as much as poss to be in different frontiers but we are a guild and so we play together sometimes :m00:

PS - only my opinion, play to have fun etc but need to say something!
PPS - vid here of the fight, kinda put it up partly to show the adds partly to show how damn hard albs are to kill even with 3x PB
h ttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/doug.ponting/ gotta put the http together still :bore:

O

old.mattshanes

No one called for help it was obvious you guys were at silo since we saw the albs head that way earlier, besides nice to see severance players play as a fg instead of the usual 2-3fgs.Our group wasn't the best tonight but we did ok although the hibs we fought did good too and at dc i saw over a fg, hard to attack a lord room when chanters spam pbaoe you can't see shit:p

Anyway was good fun seeing hibs fighting good tonight.

K

kee-

yeh we had 6sev+2 in one group i think and 6sev+1 in our group, you guys came up and very nearly had us when most of the other group died (Pip dont slap me! :scared: ) but well over a fg of albs came up throughout the lord fight, think your sorc died 3/4 times cos of the rezzes - shame we couldnt have a mini party up there and wait for the mids to join :hat:

and one thing that needs clearing up as ALOT of people keep getting it wrong - we only have 2fg max of severance on at any time, normally about 13/14 with 2 ppl to fill spots, so it's impossible for us to run as 3fg :doh: and we do try to run 1fg as much as poss - ask most of the mid GG's they normally farm us in odins/HW till we decide to check emain + reclaim DC if possible :wall:

D

Dorin

i consider zerg when i look around and see enemies everywhere :)

as solo shade : 2 dragonknight and m8s :)
as grp member: hadrian walls, albs were 4-5fg and we were 2fg :)

but anyhow, if you wanna see a good zerg log on to excal and run around in emain, it IS the zerg over there . )

A

_anarky_

Originally posted by morpheous
Clarification please....

Back in the good old days, when i were a lad etc. a Zerg meant a shedload of peeps, now the term is being bandied about in relation to Rambo and Constanze. Maths never was a strong point, but 1+1 still equals two.

foad if u intend to hijack this thread to flame Rambo.

stop calling groups of people zergs.

P.S. anyone else noted that 8/10 of the whiners are unknown bods?

And you are mister popular? :eek:

S

stroopwafel

PPS - vid here of the fight, kinda put it up partly to show the adds partly to show how damn hard albs are to kill even with 3x PB
h ttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/doug.ponting/ gotta put the http together still :bore: [/B]

o fgs
i was drinking beer and watching tv while playing :\

raaaaaaah, now i see where that annoying wiz was, right behind me, couldnt find the bugger and kept getting interrupted :p

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by ilum
I usually think it's a zerg when its more than 1FG....1-2-3 stealther adds tolerated :)
Say a mincer and 2 infs ;) (don't worry only having a friendly dig).

PS Sorry for you losing that fight the other night late, Zone wall between MMG and DC T, we'd just come out of a fight with Mids, low power but your group had Mez and tbh we were dead when the other Hib group added. Reason I'm sorry is fight wasn't even in the balance, we'd lost before the add and I know how frustrating it is to have a fight in the bag only to be jumped on. Still shit happens they say.

P

polkadot

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
No one called for help it was obvious you guys were at silo since we saw the albs head that way earlier, besides nice to see severance players play as a fg instead of the usual 2-3fgs.

We don't have 3 FGs in the guild - maximum "Severance Zerg" you will encounter is 2fgs.

Would be nice to see FL without their usual stealther adds ;)

O

old.mattshanes

So 3 people from FL count as a FL group to you?:E

Stealther adds we can't help, there's lots of infs lately.

P

polkadot

So 3 people from FL count as a FL group to you?:E

It was a FG with some people wearing the FL emblem and a couple of recognisable names - I assumed the rest had spent all there cash on portal scrolls or were just to tight to pay for an emblem ;)

P

Penitent

True, but hanging around mile-gates when you probably 80% knew we would come back for the re-match after you killed us the first time, can pretty much guarantee you will get the back up of inf adds.

The second fight - Sev. vs FL (+1fg adds) last night at amgO was a top fight (any fight where we kill you twice in the same fight is a good one Sycho ;) ). We know our Sev group is not as strong as FL yet, but I look forward to a fair 1fg fight on open ground just to see how close we're getting to giving the best RvR group in alb atm, a run for their money.

O

old.mattshanes

Debuff pbaoe hib groups are very hard to kill as a melee group but i don't really like playing sycho lately because i prefer my wizard, but your guild plays good as a fg.

I

ilum

Originally posted by Penitent

The second fight - Sev. vs FL

It wasnt a FL group. It was a random group :) There is almost never an alb guild group running anymore.

T

the_smurflord

Hydralisks were always better than zerglings imo.

zerg.gif

PS: for those who never played Starcraft, the Zerg were an insect-like race who main strength was in the sheer numbers and speed of production of relatively weak units compared to the other races. They won by swarming.

PPS: MAKE STARCRAFT 2, DAMMIT!

PPPS: This is a zergling....
zergling.gif

I

ilum

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Hydralisks were always better than zerglings imo.

zerg.gif

PS: for those who never played Starcraft, the Zerg were an insect-like race who main strength was in the sheer numbers and speed of production of relatively weak units compared to the other races. They won by swarming.

PPS: MAKE STARCRAFT 2, DAMMIT!

PPPS: This is a zergling....
zergling.gif

Not really. Lots of good Zerg players won games with just a couple of Lurkers ^^

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by ilum
Not really. Lots of good Zerg players won games with just a couple of Lurkers ^^

Ya mean infils, right?
:D

O

old.windforce

good compare actually, lurkers attack from stealth too, and they morf from casters (like reroll)

A

Arcos

zergs???

wtf are zergs...??

clarification please..

:eek:

only zerg thingy i know is from starcraft indeed..

Do we have zergling pets???? neat!!

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by old.windforce
good compare actually, lurkers attack from stealth too, and they morf from casters (like reroll)

yup, and when they lost cuz of lurkers it was "OMG LAME" too :p

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by polkadot
It was a FG with some people wearing the FL emblem and a couple of recognisable names - I assumed the rest had spent all there cash on portal scrolls or were just to tight to pay for an emblem ;)

all non-stealth classes of FL wear the emblem

fyi

S

Shike

Originally posted by old.windforce

heh, that was actually brilliant :)

Users who are viewing this thread